8.26.2015

Style Challenge: After Five and Poetry Reading


Hello Friends,

Last night at The Intersection I had the opportunity to style several looks suitable for an After Five event and a Poetry Reading (also called an Open Mic or a Written Word). Here are the letters which sparked the styling project:

********************
Glenda, 
I have a birthday party to attend...HELP!!! My husband and I rarely attend parties, this is for a dear associate. The attire is After Five. I don't know what to wear. I love fashion and have a tendency to go overboard. Could you please offer suggestions! It will be in September which is still hot in the south. Thanks for your help! 

Cynthia

Ps.
I tend to be very traditional, but I would love to break out of the box.

********************

Hello Glenda,
I am attending a Poetry Reading. The event starts at 4pm and is in a Museum Gallery. Any suggestions on what would be appropriate to wear? 

Sincerely,
Frankie
********************

To help Cynthia and Frankie with their style challenge, I decided to answer and demonstrate ideas LIVE at The Intersection. Enjoy the show!





Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

10 comments:

  1. Just want to say how much I enjoy The Intresection. I encourage anyone reading to check it out. For me, the broadcast is at 10 p.m. (I am in Ohio) but I make it a point to tune in. I loved the tips last night & got so many styling ideas. It was time well spent. Fred is so cool too! I'm glad you are doing these broadcasts Glenda, and like I said, anyone reading these comments should check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you. You are very kind! I'm glad you're enjoying The Intersection; )

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy watching your little excerpts, Glenda! You sure have a neck for fashion, and you also explain things clearly and have a charming personality. Glad that Frank supports you in this - you guys are an awesome team! All the pieces you showed here are brilliant, and you styled them so beautifully! All the very best, my dear! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natalia! I adore fashion and it's rich history. I'm glad my love for it is translating. Also, the husband is Fred. Maybe it sounds like I'm saying Frank on audio.

      Delete
  3. I love these videos. You have such great style and flair. I am so impressed with your creativity in putting together outfits that are unique to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you are clearly the star, I have to give props to your husband for his astounding support! This was very interesting. I've already decided that I will employ your services if I ever have some event that requires style. You have fashion sense the way that some musicians have perfect pitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Connie, thank you so much! And, I'll let Fred know he rocks in the support

      Delete
  5. I loved watching this Glenda! Your clothes are exquisite and each outfit divine. My fav is the very first, also adore the peplum, the green dress, and those shoes, what a great buy! You are great on camera, very relaxed, and I love your simple denim outfit, so chic and easy to wear, against all of those luxurious pieces! XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Connie said that perfectly Glenda. You should tweet that!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda