8.30.2015

Inspired By...Jamie!

It's been awhile since I published my last Inspired By post. No particular reason for the delay. However recently, while visiting one of my favorite blogs, More Than Turquoise, I spotted fellow Southwestern blogger - Jamie, with her mega-watt style, in a top which was so unbelievable Ka-ute! In her post called Cute 'Lil Top, I was floored by what I saw...a white, off-the-shoulder top (and you all know how much I love white tops and off-the-shoulder) with a wink of a surprise in the back. In other words, the top had Glenda written all over it! To give Jamie further kudos, I added a subtle hint of turquoise to my look (notice my ring).

Long before this summer, when the fashion industry adopted the off-the-shoulder look as the latest, greatest trend, my wardrobe already had several pieces. And since I'm not one who wears a look just because the industry says I should, I have always kept this coquettish style in heavy rotation. One of my very first blog posts, called Sheer Madness (dated November 2013), is an example of one of my many shoulder baring garments. Even when my beloved fashion industry tells the world off-the-shoulder is no longer hot, I will buck the system and continue to wear mine with pride. I hope you enjoy my latest look - Inspired By...Jamie!


Outfit Details - White Off The Shoulder Bow Back Blouse: SheIn; Curvy Kick Croped Jeans (Petite): Loft; Sandals by Nine West via TJ Maxx; Sterling Silver and Turquoise Ring via TJ Maxx (Check out the amazing turquoise rings on Amazon)
 

 
A roomy peasant styled, off the shoulder with dolman sleeves

 
 



I enjoy making the Inspired By posts. I draw inspiration from a variety of sources - one of them being other bloggers. And since I believe in giving credit where credit is due, it gives me great pleasure to put my inspirer (a new word) on blast. Thank you Jamie for introducing me to this incredibly fun top. It's always a thrill to visit your blog {wink}

By the way, The Intersection won't happen this week. Sorry but I have a scheduling conflict. I'll see you in September 9th at The Intersection!
Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
High Latitude Style
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

30 comments:

  1. You are looking super ka-ute, my friend! Glad to be of inspiration. You inspire me, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you were drawn to this top! You do " off the shoulder" so well. One can never have too many white tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen and I agree - white tops are always a good idea :)

      Delete
  3. Glenda,
    Off the shoulder is always a beautiful look, and you are smart to have many options in that fab closet of yours! Love it with the orange sandals and perfect denim skinnies. The bow in the back is SWEET! I wore a slightly off the shoulder sweater for my high school yearbook photo. The school photographer somehow coaxed the right angle, and everyone thought my photo was done from a studio! The sweater made all the difference.
    I agree many bloggers are inspirational and consistently so, and that means YOU!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, you're a woman after my own heart. I also had on an off the shoulder look for my senior picture.

      Delete
  4. The blouse looks beautiful on you. If you can recommend good underpinnings for hot weather (I'm also in So. Cal.), that would be very much appreciated. A comfortable strapless bra, for example?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest the Lilyette brand. In particular the Strapless Underwire Convertible Minimizer. Here's a link - http://www.freshpair.com/Lilyette-Strapless-Underwire-Convertible-Minimizer-Bra-939.html?xn=&cvosrc=ppc.google.&cvo_campaign=Shopping%20-%20All%20Products%20-%20RLSA&cvo_crid=69627724720&Matchtype=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9o-vBRCO0OLi2PfPkI8BEiQA8pdF4KLAWdThiuvjKVBJfl73Rzqq8imR33s9ImCB24b3tOoaAgC38P8HAQ#.VeRtRn2qmGk

      Delete
  5. Oh me Oh my! I absolutely love this top - rather entire ensemble - . you look HOT! in it.. I've always loved off the shoulders tops and would never had paid the fashion world any attention if they said they were out of style.. Kudos to you for keeping the look alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamala! And good for you for wearing what you love, in spite of what the industry says.

      Delete
  6. Off-the-shoulder tops will forever by haute. It's classic. It says....I'm grown, sexy and chic. You loo fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I completely agree with you about off the shoulder :)

      Delete
  7. This is so understated yet really packs a punch. I love how you've teemed the orange sandals with the jeans. One of the great delights of having started blogging is discovering so many stylish ladies out there in my age group and how we're all inspiring each other. It's been such an unexpected benefit to me that I'm really enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! A pop of color...just a tiny pop is always very exciting to me. And I agree, the world of blogging has opened a whole new world of discovery. I'm enjoying it too :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't worn an off the shoulder shirt in a long time but do remember they were super cute as evidenced by your post. #PersonalStyleLinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antionette. They're great fun to wear. I adore them.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful top and yes it is very Glenda, isn't it :)) I love your whole stylish look especially your fab shoes!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora. That added pop of color gave the outfit an additional element of surprise.

      Delete
  10. So cute and so you, Glenda! I went and had a peek at Jamie's too and I just love how this look suits you both. Your style is always a treat for the eyes. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawna. Yes, Jamie is a very stylish woman, indeed.

      Delete
  11. I think the off the shoulder tops are a great option to show off our good points (since shoulders tend to age well!!). Do you wear a bra it? That's my only concern. jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jodie, I do. It's a must for me. I wear a good one by Lilyette. If you scroll to the comment by Terrymhp, you'll see I left a link to the one I use.

      Delete
  12. Absolutely love this top, Glenda! It's such a gorgeous bright white and that back detail is divine! you really look smashing! xox-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the back detail everything? It just take the top to another dimension.

      Delete
  13. Beautifully chic and elegant look, Glenda. Love the touch of orange by the sandals. Gorgeous.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes this is you. Gracious, stylish you. The top looks so good on you. Very good styling as ever. How do you manage this bra-wise? (I am Dutch, we asked rude straight forward question. You can choose to ignore it LOL).
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do wear a good strapless by Lilyette. I left the link up top on the comment back to terrymhp.

      Delete
  15. SO fresh and pretty! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and hope your weekend is off to a great start!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda