7.30.2015

To The Max + The Intersection #1

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the lovely ladies and men who joined me at The Intersection on Periscope! Yes, I was nervous, but once I started styling the maxi shirt-dress (shown in this post), I felt like I was chatting it up with my dear friends. I think Periscope is a genius idea and I look forward to spending the time with you all again next week. Stay to the end of this post and see a portion of the actual broadcast. During the broadcast, I styled an Ann Taylor Loft Maxi Shirt-dress in three different ways. Today, I'm wearing one of the looks - a more classic, sexier look that I would wear on a date, out dancing, to a jazz concert, or perhaps to Los Angeles Fashion Week. Enjoy!


Outfit Details - Ann Taylor Loft Beach Sheer Stripe Maxi Shirtdress (almost sold out); Petite Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft; Ann Taylor Loft Strappy Sandal (Sold Out. Identical by Jeffrey Campbell at Nordstrom); Peace sign necklace purchased at an artisan artwalk.  Bold ring purchased last year from Anthropologie; Braided Belt by Ralph Lauren (Black Braided Belts at Nordstrom).




    



And now...The very first gathering at The Intersection on Periscope. During the broadcast you'll hear a male voice. That is my husband and he's telling me what viewers are saying during the broadcast.



Remember, if you want to gather at #TheIntersection, you'll have to download the Periscope app onto your cell phone. It was really good fun and I hope you'll join me next week in the comfort of my "styling studio" and watch how I pull looks together{wink}

Stay True,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Fun Fashion Friday
Friday Finds
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

30 comments:

  1. This is a great look. Like I mentioned last night, I love the subtle check in the dress. It looks great over the jeans! I really need to find some of that tape because collars can be fussy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I agree, the pattern makes it extra special. I like it with the jeans too, but I'll have to save this look for a more cooler occasion. I was really hot taking pictures. And yes, the tape is a great style secret.

      Delete
  2. Great styling here, Glenda. The look(s) are fantastic and gotta love that ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, isn't the ring amazing. I love it!

      Delete
  3. Glenda,
    No need for you to be nervous; you're FABULOUS!!! More...give us more👌🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making me feel better :)

      Delete
  4. Love how you wore your tunic as a duster/top!! I am still trying to figure out how use Periscope, Snapchat...way too many things going on for me to keep up.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not hard at all, Alice. Give it a try.

      Delete
  5. That was so fun! I can't wait for the next one. As one shorty to another it just proves that you don't have to be tall to look long and lean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Connie. However, it does depend on the shoe. If I wore the look with flats, it would have the opposite effect.

      Delete
  6. Now I have a voice to match all that Glam I see on your blog. You look Fabulous in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Neti. Isn't it strange when we hear someone's voice for the first time?

      Delete
  7. I loved this video. As I am probably one of the few readers with a flip cell phone, I didn't think I could watch the #TheIntersection since I don't have apps. Do you always use a rack to put together your outfits? If I had room, I'd be tempted to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me years to finally cave in to a smart phone. I'm glad I made the switch. Yes, I always use a rack when styling.

      Delete
  8. I really wanted to come, I never did get the notification like the app said it would give when the show starts, hopefully next time, but this is great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check your Periscope profile to make sure you have it set to receive notices.

      Delete
  9. I think it is gorgeous. And what a good blogger idea to do this periscope thing. You have to be a stylist like yourself to be able to do that.
    I was hoping you would also show a picture of the dress without you holding it to a side. If that looks less appealing I would pin it with a contemporary brooch.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I much prefer the dress open than closed. That is why all my shots have it in this fashion.

      Delete
  10. You look fabulous! Love this look. Werk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great look on you Glenda, glamorous and chic! Congrats on your broadcast on Periscop, will need to check it out.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this look! I never would have thought of styling a maxi dress like this. You are so creative and original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Amy. How very kind of you :)

      Delete
  13. OMG, love your new header! Great look today too!

    Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Glenda, I really enjoyed seeing you on Periscope and seeing how you styled the maxi shirtdress. Also thank you for the tip on the tape, I have to see if I can find it around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, thank you for joining me at The Intersection. I had a great time as well and I look forward to more!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda