7.22.2015

Stripe While the Iron Is Hot!

I had the greatest intentions to produce two fashion posts this week, however, like I mentioned in Flabbergasted, the weather was freakish, and on top of that, photography schedules didn't match-up. So what's a blogger to do when this occurs? Well, rather than wallowing in self-pity, I decided to go with the flow and utilize the unscheduled time away to chill out so I could create space in my mind to develop new ideas. It's nearly impossible to develop new ideas when your mind is over loaded. It's amazing what you can conjure-up once you quiet yourself. After two days of serenity, the ideas started lining up in a neat, little row. 

Bright Idea #1:
First, you probably noticed my new header (which will be used for all So What to Twenty branding). During an afternoon nap, I visualized it. What do you think? I labored for a very long time to come-up with just the right concept and feel for a logo. I wanted something cheeky and flirtatious, but still making a bold statement. And then, just like that...tah dah...it hit me. When the timing is right, and the mind is clear to create, you have to strike stripe while the iron is hot! And that's exactly what I did. Yesterday afternoon I created a rough draft and then sent it over to my creative genius of a friend, Martin Olivera, who made my vision come alive. Thanks Martin!

Bright Idea #2:
Second, while allowing my mind to marinade in its creative juices, I thought of a clever idea to communicate with YOU, my friends and awesome So What to Twenty community. Beginning next Wednesday (July 29th) at 7:00pm (PST), you'll be able to connect with me on a live Periscope broadcast where I'll give suggestions to cure your fashion emergencies...or just plain ol' fashion and style advice. If you haven't heard of Periscope, it's the newest app in the twitter family which allows us to broadcast live to whomever is following. But first you have to download Periscope to your devices. Don't worry, it's free for phones. Once you download the app be sure to follow me @SoWhattoTwenty. 


To represent striping while the iron is hot, I'm wearing a dress that speaks for its self - a black and white vertical and horizontal striped dress. The last time I wore this little Ann Taylor Loft number was on a post called, Pristine back in June 2014. I wasn't thrilled wearing it then, but today, I feel great! Perhaps because my mood has changed and the timing is right. Sorry some of the pictures are dark. Bad outdoor lighting. Enjoy!


Outfit Details - Dress: Ann Taylor Loft (Last year but plenty black and white dresses at Shopstyle); Black Cardigan: Loft; Strappy Sandals: Ann Taylor Loft (Sold out. Check out the Manna Ankle Strap by Enzo Angiolini from Nordstrom; Patent Clutch with Pearl Closure: vintage. Canary yellow cocktail ring.

 
Under the gray clouds, we try to make our own sunshine by playing with the exposure.





I hope you all enjoy my Bright Ideas and I would love to see you on Wednesday evenings. Remember, if you create space for your minds, you'll come up with many clever ideas, but timing is everything so be ready to strike/stripe when the iron is hot{wink}

Stay True,

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up:
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty! 

22 comments:

  1. Love the new header! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE the new header. It's perfect, not least because you're wearing that fabulous chevron dress! Sometimes you need space to allow the mind to settle, otherwise you often can't see the wood for the trees.
    And the black and white dress is just so striking on you.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Jacqueline. When my mind is cluttered, I can't think of anything creative. I'm glad you like the header. I'm very proud of the outcome.

      Delete
  3. Love the new logo and your stripe dress, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I've admired it at least 100 times today :)

      Delete
  4. The header is beautiful!!! Very bright idea. And that Anne Taylor dress that combines both vertical and horizontal sripes is super cute.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great header and some great ideas!! You look fab in this black and white look :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did notice the new header and really like it. I also installed Periscope and look forward to your broadcast. I agree with you about quieting your mind. I try to do this on a daily basis and it has made a difference in my life. I used to keep things pretty tied up in my head to avoid facing some issues, but what a difference this has made! Love the striped dress and sweater that you featured today. This is such a fresh look, so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you have Periscope downloaded, make sure you follow up by following @sowhattotwenty. I agree. I set aside time daily to just be quiet. At first it was difficult to master my mind, but now that I have, I love this special time.

      Delete
  7. Love the header, caught my eye and made me smile. Great insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! Yes, the header makes me smile too :)

      Delete
  8. Looking good as always!! Like the play on words, most appropriate for this post. When you unveiled your new logo on Facebook I thought it looked great and it's so you. I'll also have to check out periscope and follow you there - it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steph! I think Periscope will be a fun addition to my social media round up. It seems so much easier than producing a YouTube video.

      Delete
  9. Very bright ideas, the header is beautiful. Stripes are my favorites for this summer so I really like your dress that combines both vertical and horizontal stripes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new header and that black and white dress is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great woman always has bright ideas!! :-)
    I didn't know about the Periscope app .... what a nice idea!
    (And what a fantastic woman are you wearing the black and white dress...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black and white is always so chic! I'll have to find out about this Periscope! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed this post as I saw it on IG. Perfect dress, which is very flattering on you. And congrats with your new logo. I know that is always a lot of work.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda