7.01.2015

Pretty

Pretty: Attractive to look at usually in a simple or delicate way.

OK, I'm not writing about myself. How conceited that would be. I am however writing about the top I'm wearing. A top so delightful, there is no better way to describe it, but pretty


If you haven't noticed, I am completely obsessed with white tops...and dresses, and have managed to build quite an extensive collection. I love the way white compliments my deep chocolate complexion. When I wear it, I always feel crisp and approachable. It always manages to brighten my mood. While some resort to wearing white for special celebratory events, I enjoy dawning it regardless of the time of year, time of day or occasion. When I first spotted this incredibly pretty top, I was especially intrigued by the way in which it was constructed. The combination of eyelet, with the accordion pleating, made the top exceptional. Where the eyelet and pleating meet in the front, manages to give the top it's feminine baby-doll shape. When you see the top from the rear, you'll be surprised to see the pleating only occurs in the front and the sides, but connects with the eyelet cleverly which enhances the womanly physique.


Outfit Details - Eyelet Empire Blouse: Anthropologie (I tried to find a top comparable to the unique Anthro top, however, I couldn't. Please check out the other Eyelet Tops on Shopstyle); Curvy Skinny Jeans: Loft (purchases last season. See the Curvy Kick Cropped Jean); Floral Clutch: Custom made (Insanely cute floral clutch on Shopstyle); Silver and White Wedge Sandal: Calvin Klein: (Check out these similar sandals by Via Spiga)





 

Here's a fashion pop quiz for you...

Which American fashion designer almost always makes her appearance at the end of each of her runway shows wearing some form of white?  Follow me on Instagram and I'll reveal the answer on Friday at 12:00noon (PST). {wink}

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

 
 

26 comments:

  1. Glenda I totally agree the top is pretty and so are you. Love the pleated details, so chic.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, Lenya. You're so sweet. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, that blouse is so interesting!! I love how the ruffles are only in the front! Very chic! jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodie! I love the way it's constructed. Very interesting indeed.

      Delete
  3. Yes indeed, this is an extraordinary pretty top. Had I seen it, I would have bought it too. Looka fabulous on you. Well styled with simple black trousers and gorgeous white sandals.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greetje! This top makes a huge statement. No need to adding to it :)

      Delete
  4. The top, the shoes, the bag...all pretty...but you always look pretty, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew this was Anthropologie as soon as I saw the first picture! I love it! I have the same obsession with white. I am drawn like a magnet when I walk in a store and see white things! You can never have too many white tops! That's a great little clutch, and probably one of a kind since it was custom made! (And you ARE pretty Glenda!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Karen :) Isn't it amazing how you can spot an Anthro item? Their buyers have a very clever knack and such a clear point of view. I'm with you on being drawn to white items. I have a Pinterest page dedicated to all things white.

      Delete
  6. This eyelet top is so pretty. Very pretty and feminine, perfect for your style. Love it!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that blouse and sandals, such a great summer look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Wearing the top made me quite warm in California. I think I may have to reserve the top for spring.

      Delete
  8. Soooo pretty, Miss Glenda! Thanks for being part of Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX

    Dawn Lucy

    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn and you're very welcome!

      Delete
  9. Pretty , the only way to describe this shirt. White is always stunning on you, I can see why your white collection is constantly growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. It's like an obsession. I feel like I can't have too many white tops.

      Delete
  10. I adore the white shirt! The details and pleating and out of this world and so anthropolgie! It looks so high end and well crafted. I agree white looks great on you! The sandals are perfect, and the shot of floral in the bag is perfection!
    Sorry, the shirt is MORE than pretty, much like its owner,
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle you're making me blush. Thank you so much. I agree this top is the epitome of Anthropologie. It sums their style up perfectly.

      Delete
  11. Now that top is really cute, and yes you look pretty in it! Wearing white with denim is so classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda