7.16.2015

Blue Sky

Lately I've been so distracted...unable to concentrate on a single project, and wanting to spend every waking moment outdoors. On Monday morning, I woke with the intentions of delving into a productive work week. However, on my way to the dentist, my youngest and I took notice of the beautiful weather. The air was crisp, the temperature was perfect and oh my goodness the incredible blue sky. By the time we finished our dental appointments, I cleared my schedule. Instead, we headed to the beach. Work would have to wait.

Excuse me while I have a love affair with the soft hue of sky blue. Recently I have become quite fond of the delicate color. Because of this new found love, I made three acquisitions for my wardrobe - the recent dress worn in Sleek, a basic crew neck sweater, and the top I'm wearing in today's post. Typically I wouldn't gravitate toward pastels. When I do wear color, I had the tendency to lean more toward high saturation - striking canary yellow, electric blue, Kelly green. So then why the shift in perspective? The best reason I can foster is I love looking up into the clear blue sky. When the sky is blue, I'm more energetic, and yet, I feel calm. I want to taste the outdoors and relish in all that it has to offer. I feel as if I'm wrapped in its serenity and my mind is free to explore - the creative spirit overtakes me.


For today's look, I'm wearing a no-fuss, sky blue swing top, paired with my favorite skinny black pants and caged sandals. The look whispers minimalism but manages to have impact...sleek sandals and feminine accessories give this outfit an almost retro feel of the 50s when women wore "cigarette" pants, colorful swing tops and ballet flats for smart dinner parties. Trade out my shoes and I feel the urge to offer you a martini. 

Outfit Details - Summer Swing Softened Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft; Moto Pants: Ann Taylor Loft (No longer available. Check out the Tech Stretch Skinny Ankle Pant); Cat-eye Sunglasses: Nordstrom; Sky blue Triple Strand Necklace (vintage), Michael Kors Caged Sandals (Loving these Davinya Cage Sandals by Schutz). Floral Fabric Clutch: Ann Taylor Loft (Sold out but great selection of floral clutches on Shopstyle).
 
   
 
 
 
  
Sky blue triple strand necklace (vintage).
 


Above is a picture I snapped on Monday from one of our many piers along the California shoreline. Isn't the sky simply breathtaking? In the distance you can see a cruise ship leaving the harbor. Now you understand why I put work on hold. Who can resist the blue sky, the sound of the waves, the warmth of the sun...oh my, I think the outdoors is calling my name again{wink}

Oh yes, I was featured as a Fearless Woman by Whitney Nic James. Click the link and enjoy the interview!

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend and Stay True,
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Links:
Throwback Thursday
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!





15 comments:

  1. Love that swing shirt that looks cool and comfortable yet polished. I thoroughly enjoy the interview. Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I was happy with the results. Whitney did a great job. Yes, the top is airy and comfortable.

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh, Glenda, because I have been struggling today with productivity! If there was a beach close by, I would so be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Glenda! I think I need to take a much needed break from blogging because the beautiful weather and blue sky is too tempting. One of my favorite colors is sky blue and it suits you so well. I love how you grounded it with the black pants and shoes! Those shoes!!!!!!! Very chic look.

    Off to enjoy the beautiful afternoon.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie! It sounds like many of us need a blogging break. My mind is tired. Love your new vintage store. Fantastic pieces!

      Delete
  4. How smart you were to ditch the productive inclination and enjoy that lush weather! I am not sure I could work at all in SoCal! Love your blue top, all of your new blue pieces, and I agree it is somewhat minimal, but the vintage necklace and caged shoes..take it somewhere else entirely! Blissful! Congrats on the interview!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elle!
      Sometimes it's hard, Elle. I must admit. The weather, the beach...
      All of a sudden, I fell in love with blue this year. I'm loving it :)

      Delete
  5. That blouse will probably become a staple piece as you can do so much with it. Jewellerywise. It is indeed a clean minimalistic look. The sandals add spunk. And those blue skies.... incredible. You are right in seizing the moment.
    Is there a colour which does not look good on you?
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Greetje. Such a simple little piece that I can build so much around. My type of garment. Yes, there are colors I don't like wearing close to my face. One of them being chocolate brown.

      Delete
  6. Love the pastel blue and how you have it styled. And I really enjoyed the "Fearless Woman" feature. You are such an inspiration Glenda. Something in that interview jumped out at me so much that I wrote it down to think about - "...for such a time as this." Lots to think about today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Yes, that statement is profound to me. I think about it often. It makes me stop and think about where I am in life and should I be doing more.

      Delete
  7. I loved the interview and you are so deserving of being featured. The sky blue is beautiful on you and I love the simple but elegant way you have accessorized it. Will you be doing any more videos on how you choose your colors and styles? I enjoyed the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca and thank you for your kind words. I am planning on a video series where I answer fashion questions. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  8. How wonderful that you were able to clear your schedule and spend the day at the beach! I do love this soft subtle color and love it with the pretty clutch with the yellow touches. Hope you enjoyed the rain this weekend!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda