6.08.2015

Slouch

However kind and understanding you all have been, I feel like such a slouch for having to take such an extended blog break. Things have surely been running on full throttle in our home, with the climax occurring this Thursday, June 11th, with graduation day and a big house party. Thankfully, I'm finally getting over the flu-bug and feeling more like myself. You better believe, to celebrate the end of all the mayhem, at the end of my son's party, I'm going to clear the living room floor to make room for all the guests to do the Cupid Shuffle (a dance my family enjoys doing to celebrate momentous occasions). Have you heard of it? The first time the four of us enjoyed the Cupid Shuffle was during a Carnival Cruise on the Lido Deck. Such good memories (smile) 

This will most likely be the only post for this week. I will return to my normal posting schedule next week. I just wanted to show you the easy, slouchy, bohemian vibe outfit I wore, yesterday, to my son's baccalaureate. The day was hot and sunny with temps nearing the 100 degree mark. I wanted to feel comfortable with the freedom to really enjoy the program, and feel like myself. After the service, we then went to our favorite eatery to enjoy dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Enjoy the pics!


Outfit Details - Off-The-Shoulder Tee: Loft, Relaxed Cropped Pants: Loft, Puffball World Market Necklace (Purchased from Anthropologie a couple of years ago but I like this one at Loft);  Orange Strappy Sandals by Nine West (Huge variety on Shopstyle), Silver floral ring purchased in Mexico, Woven Belt by Ralph Lauren (Many options at Shopstyle).
  



 




Thank you so much for your patients, friends! I must admit, by releasing the blog and other projects, it has allowed me to really be present and in the moment with all that is going on in the life of my sons. I appreciate you all and I'll be back next week {wink}

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Whitney Nic James
Shoe and Tell
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

33 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with that dance Glenda, but it sounds fun! Your party sounds like it's going to be a wonderful time of celebration! And good for you taking time to fully immerse yourself in this once-in-a-lifetime special time for your family. Your outfit is stunning! I love the color of the pants. The necklace does look SO Anthropologie!! It's great! Enjoy every second of the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the hustle, Karen, and a great deal of fun! I felt so relaxed and me in this outfit.

      Delete
  2. Such a nice outfit and perfect for yesterday's hot temperatures, love those sandals :)
    That dance sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy this special time with your son and your entire family.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh yes, Nora, the dance is fun and a great way to conclude the night.

      Delete
  3. Love this, Glenda. It looks great for summer and is really stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully styled outfit, Glenda, perfect for summer.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya! I'm so digging the slouchiness of it :)

      Delete
  5. Great summer look, and congratulations to your son! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Model material I love your poses and outfit. Heel <3

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful relaxed casual outfit. Love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsie! Thank you. I'm sure this outfit will get a lot of play this summer.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on doing a great job with your your kids. Your son's graduation must feel like one of many more amazing achievements to come. Please don't apologize to me for being there for your family and making time for yourself. Boy, is it needed? I wish him well.

    You sure look like you were dressed for a good time. I mean, why not? Fantastic look and a beautiful post.

    http//www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Busola! I am thrilled for both my sons and their accomplishments. I'm very proud of them.

      Delete
  9. You look comfy and chic and those pants are made for you. Congrats to your son and plan to enjoy your time with him before he ventures off solo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neti. I'm trying not to think about them leaving home :(

      Delete
  10. You look wonderful in this outfit. So cute that you added orange sandals. I will say it again: you are a very good stylist.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pics =)
    kiss from Italy
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you are better ! I am proud that you took time off and honored your priorities. Love this look, the olive pants are so chic and casaul, and the off the shoulder look at the right amount of sexy to the boho-laid back look! Love the orange sandal !
    Looking Fly, SoCal twin!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your message made me smile the biggest smile ever :D

      Delete
  13. Life first, of course! :) Lovely look - glam and relaxed, as you do so well! Love the color combination so much! Congratulations to you and your son - have a blast celebrating!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. I also love the way the colors work together. I thought the orange sandal was an interesting twist.

      Delete
  14. A wonderful look, cool but put together. Love the orange sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I too love the orange sandals with this look :)

      Delete
  15. If doesn't done yet I wish good luck for your son on baccalaureate. Your look relaxed and chic. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think lately keeping up has been hard on all of us. I will say you have a better excuse than me:), we fully understand! Have fun doing the cupid shuffle (that made me smile) and you look amazing!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Cara. Something tells me the Cupid Shuffle has been a part of your world too :)

      Delete
  17. I love this outfit and you are the cutest, most stylish slouch ever! Thanks for sharing a we poem on my blog. I sensed exhaustion and could really relate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda