6.17.2015

Gauzy

This lightweight gauzy shirtdress is an idea garment for weathering the hot temperatures in Southern California. As I posed for these pictures, it was 9:30am and already, the temps were nearing the 90 degree mark. It is safe to say - summer has indeed arrived.

The versatility of this shirtdress is one I can certainly appreciate. In my opinion, (Tweet This) ---> versatile garments are the key to wardrobe success. When I first spotted the item, my mind imagined different ways in which to wear it...as a swimsuit cover-up, over pants or shorts, and as a dress (Slip required of course. It is somewhat sheer). When you see the Tall Tasseled Shirtdress on the Loft website, you'll notice it's shown with the buttons done high on the neckline. As you can see, I chose to give it a more open feel by leaving the first two buttons undone, and tucking the dress inside and securing the fold with a bit of two sided wardrobe tape. The openness of the neckline makes me feel less closed-in and more relaxed. Enjoy the look!


Outfit Details - Tall Tasseled Shirtdress: Loft (currently on sale); White Jeans: Loft (click the link for options); Sandals: Zara (Old. Great silver sandals on Shopstyle); Aviators: Loft (click the link for options): Braided Belt. Silver bangle and rings purchased in Mexico. Disney Millennium Watch.



 

 
 

Comfort and simplicity are two key components I insist on when dressing. The lightweight, gauzy fabric makes this item super easy to play with. I now imagine wearing it with a fitted white dress while leaving the buttons undone and wearing it as a duster. So many possibilities. Can you think of other clever ways to wear this shirtdress? Do tell {wink}

If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to follow me via email subscription. And please, take the time to share this post with your friends via email and other social media platforms. Thank you!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Throwback Thursday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

30 comments:

  1. Now look at this chic lady! Glenda this has to be one of my all-time-favorites so far. Love the dress. On sale right now you said.........................I'm on my way..............
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you say that, Lenya! I'm glad you like this look. I'm seeing you like uncomplicated looks ;)

      Delete
  2. Super sexy cute! I love flowy long tops especially in the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would definitely love this top, Joni. It's so airy and lightweight...and easy to style.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute and perfect for summer, Glenda. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! I think this outfit is going to get lots of playtime this summer.

      Delete
  4. Love this look on you!
    Darlene
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty shirtdress. I like your adjustment at the top. And it is comfotrung to know I am not the omly one using wardrobe tape (we call it fashion tape).
    Lovely outfit.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greetje! I like the adjustment too. I may have a tailor change it permanently.

      Delete
  6. Very cute you always dress so chic:)

    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. You are very kind.

      Delete
  7. I love the dress Glenda, and especially the way you have styled it to give it a completely different look! I love the idea of wearing it as a tunic-type top, unbuttoned. I can also see it with a wide braided belt worn as a dress. It obviously would work as a dress over leggings too, and it could even move into cooler weather with a long-sleeved top underneath, or a denim jacket over. I really like the look of the sleeves that you achieved by opening up the top. I admit I have never known about wardrobe tape, where do you get that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Karen. The idea with the wide braided belt is very appealing. Thanks for the idea. I pick my wardrobe/fashion tape up at little, independent boutiques. You may have seen it but paid no attention to it. I usually find it at check-out. I believe I may have seen it in Nordstroms' lingerie department too.

      Delete
  8. Gauzy and easy breezy is indeed the way to go this Summer!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rebecca. I believe we're in for a very hot summer.

      Delete
  9. you look so classy!
    kisses from Italy
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grey with white, this is the perfect casual yet chic outfit, looking fab Glenda :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nora, I like the subtlety of this mix. More white and blueish gray. Thank you very much. I feel chic.

      Delete
  11. Ninety at 9:30 a.m.? Wow. You look cool though. And I love that you wear a watch! Me too. So many people don't anymore. Your shoot location is magnificent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Melanie, our summers are hot from sun up to sunset in California. I adore watches. There's something very grown-up about them.

      Delete
  12. You look so chic and sophisticated! I love your outfit from top to bottom. You speak my language when you talk about comfort and simplicity. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Red Reticule | Red Reticule Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, without comfort, how can one feel good in their clothes?...
      Thank you very much. I'm glad you like the look ;)

      Delete
  13. I love it Glenda & you already know how versatile it is! Love the tassels too which finish it off perfectly! Andrea x

    http://inmamaswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, Andrea. The tassels add a special touch.

      Delete
  14. Love this cool and summery look! perfect to wear it more open with the white skinnies! LOVE this, much more than as a dress, but I am sure you an pull that off too, You just know how to style !
    Super! I am glad to see you back !
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Elle. I feel it's an added extra rather than a dress. But regardless, it's a fun addition. Thank you!!

      Delete
  15. This looks like the perfect summer outfit and I love all the ideas you in mind for this dress.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda