6.02.2015

Checking In

Hi Everyone!

Let me begin by saying how much I miss the blog and interacting with all of you. My schedule has been fun and super busy with all the end of school year activities. Like I mentioned previously, my first born is graduating from high school, and on top of that, he received a scholarship to study music in college. As you can imagine, these have been very exciting days in our household...lots of concerts to attend, ceremonies, getting him situated at the university, and then a big party on June 11th to celebrate his accomplishments. On top of all this, my youngest has decided to play football. Am I worried? Of course I am. Football is a dangerous sport, but it is also a disciplined sport and I believe he'll accel in it. He is naturally athletic.

Along with the endless amounts of activities, I decided to catch the flu. As I type this message to you, I'm wrapped in a big fuzzy blanket and feeling very tired. Regardless of the illness, I felt the need to reach out to you to share a few things I've been involved in during my down time. Enjoy!



1. First, I was approached by Stephanae McCoy of the blog, Bold Blind Beauty for a collaboration. (You'll see her logo on my sidebar over to the right. If you're reading this on your smart phone, you'll have to be in Desktop mode to see the sidebar). For the next six months, or perhaps longer, I'm contributing to her blog which is geared toward women who have disabilities.

2. One of my favorite blogs is Pineapple Life by Nikisha Bronson. She shared a French Berry Clafoutis recipe that looked so delicious, I had to try it. So off I went to our local organic grocery store to seek out the freshest of berries to make this delightful treat. One word - YUM! Please, click over to see her pictures and to get the super simple recipe.

3. Remember the post I wrote called Invest In Yourself where I shared five investments toward myself? One of the investments has been to read at least one book per month. I read three books in May, one of them being #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso - the Founder and CEO of Nasty Gal. I'm sure many of you have heard of the phenomenon of Nasty Gal, the fastest growing online store in history. The book was really interesting and hard to put down. I completed it in one day. I was thrilled to read how this young woman, who struggled with finding herself for many years, and found herself in adverse situations, decided to open an eBay store and within a few years, it had grown into an over million dollar operation! If you haven't already read about her incredible journey of hard work and tenacity - Do so.  

Delicate Bracelet Set from Ann Taylor Loft

4. And finally, I came across an article on Flipboard that I'm positive you'll enjoy called, 30 Things to Start Doing For Yourself. Here are a few of the suggestions to wet your whistle:
Start Facing Your Problems Head On
Start Being Honest with Yourself About Everything
Start Giving Your Ideas and Dreams of Chance
Start Working Towards Your Goals Every Single Day

I hope you'll take the time to visit some or all of what's listed here. Indulge your palate with the French Berry Clafoutis; Be inspired with #GirlBoss, and 30 Things to Start Doing For Yourself; or stop by to support the efforts of Bold Blind Beauty. Enjoy {wink}

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

23 comments:

  1. So much good information here, Glenda. I do want to read the book. I also wanted to tell you both of my boys played high school football and yes there were bumps and bruises but the overall experience was wonderful and helped them both to grow. I cried hard when both played their last games. You are a good mom to allow him to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam your words are very comforting. Thank you. I don't want to deny my son's gift in sports, so we're going for it with him starting in Pop Warner.

      Delete
  2. I do hope you'll be feeling your best again soon. You have a lot going on at your house. They'll surely suffer with you not able to do what I'm sure you do when you're up and around. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joni. I feel terrible when I feel terrible.

      Delete
  3. Hope you start feeling better soon!
    Darlene
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back, Glenda - you were very much missed! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, I'm not back yet. I'm still in the midst of all the activities.

      Delete
  5. Glenda,
    For a sick woman you are doing alot of great things. I do want to read that book, too, i know only the outline of her story. Love your bracelet , and what it symbolizes. now go get some real rest!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll regret it later, Elle. Off to bed I go.

      Delete
  6. I like to congratulate you on your boys' successes. Must be so nice for them. And of course also for you as their parents. You can burst with pride.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to check out your blog and see a 'check-in' post! This was very newsy in spite of how you are battling an illness (probably due to all the extra activities!) Congratulations to your sons! How exciting for all of you to celebrate those boys! (Football is my favorite sport - love it!) I already check out some of the links you have included here and will do further reading. Just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And today I continue to fight the flu. I did too much yesterday and the medication makes me so sleepy. Thanks for checking in with me, Karen!

      Delete
  8. Get better soon, Glenda! Such a busy time for you all. Congratulations on your son's graduation and getting into college! You have awesome kids, my dear. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. I feel terrible not being able to get about right now. Hopefully I'll be better before the weekend.

      Delete
  9. Hope you feel better Glenda. Sounds like your life is hectic these days. My life has been crazy with my sons sports schedule and all of my projects, I had to take a 1 month blog vacation.

    http://www.foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's all said and done, it'll be close to a month. I miss it very much.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for these excellent suggestions. I can only imagine how proud you must be of your kids and their accomplishments. Clearly you've done good work here.
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely proud, Melanie #oneproudmommy

      And thank you very much!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your son graduating! Summer time can be so busy. Go ahead and enjoy this time with your family. We'll look forward to hearing how everything turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Checking on on your Glenda! I hope you are feeling better . I will check you in instagram soon.
    Enjoy these lovely days with your family!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda