5.07.2015

Invest In Yourself

I was sent the following image by a friend of So What to Twenty. She said she was reminded of me. I was very flattered for a couple of reasons. First, that someone was so kind as to think of me and send a private message. Second, the contents of the image is rich, powerful and what I hope all women would strive towards. My dear friends, just as this image was shared with me (thank you Stephannie), I would like to pay it forward by sharing it with you on a weekend when we honor Mothers. Enjoy!


To invest in yourself...
What does this mean? We're all dazzled by the amazing sandals and accessories in the image (At least I am. You know I love my sandals). However, in my opinion, the definition is far greater than spending money on clothing and accoutrements, rather, the true context is to embrace a way of living that betters our quality of life. To make improvements that will move us in a positive direction, or in other words, to up-level. I like that idea. Don't you? Being a mother of two young men, often times, as I'm sure many of you will attest, we find ourselves sacrificing our wants and desires for their needs. Of course we do...after all, we're mothers! I'm not going to suggest that we stop providing for our children. What I am advocating is knowing and realizing how important it is for us to view ourselves as valuable, and to not only invest in others, but in ourselves. Creating a better us will give those persons in our lives a great return - an amazing (fill in your name), wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, niece, lover - a woman of confidence.


Here's a little homework assignment - one I'm sure you'll enjoy:
On a sheet of paper write or type at the top of the paper - INVESTING IN (Your Name). Next, add to the list above by writing down 5 more things you would like to accomplish as an investment towards you. Finally, pin this list in a place where you can constantly view it. I would love to see your assignment, so please, tag me on Instagram with pictures of your lists!

Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mothers and my So What to Twenty friends {wink}
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

17 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS...JUST PINNED IT TO MY I MATTER BOARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why your reader sent you this - beautiful legs, beautiful shoes, beautiful ideas! :)
    Glenda! Love your list! Please join the I AM A WRITER link-up - it is, essentially, a writer's group. :)
    Happy Mother's Day to you, my dear friend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! I searched for the link-up but was unsuccessful. Point me in the right direction.

      Delete
    2. Glenda, the idea is in this post here - http://inthewriterscloset.blogspot.com/2015/05/crazy-just-might-work-i-am-writer.html
      I will open the link-up at the end of the month (last week), if I win over the technology that is. :) Will be so happy to see your writing!

      Delete
  3. a very inspirational post. we should never stop having goals, taking time to learn something or get involved in something we find inspiring. I have signed up for a few short courses in the autumn, to improve my photoediting skills and I'm really excited about it. It's a special treat, especially as my job is to inspire others to learn, and it often leaves me feeling a bit drained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never want to stop growing and improving myself. Wouldn't that mean death?...

      Delete
  4. I'm going to do this Glenda, thank you for the inspiration! I thought I was doing an okay job of this until I read this post! Now I realize there is so much more, and I'm at a time in my life when this is something I really do want to do. Love how you incorporated the picture of yourself in your list. This seems to make it so personal and powerful! Today is my day to give this some serious thought and begin to put my ideas into practice! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I am going to work on a list. Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the danger zone her I think. As I love my life the way it is. As far as I am concerned I am in Nirvana. I have everything I ever wanted and more. No worries, only love and appreciation around me. Then why a danger zone? Because I was brought up with the idea you can always do better. And standing still means decline...
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really deep confession. I heard it similar to this...
      If you ever stop growing and improving, that means death.

      On the other hand, how awesome it is for you to feel so complete.

      Delete
  7. Love this photo, it is so like you...as are the inspiring words. you could have written them.
    I agree with the pursuit of achieving more, setting small goals that make one feel productive or happy, an that is enriching to oneself and or others. I have my own listing, and I am happier because if it.
    I will try to share it on instragram...but maybe it is too personal?

    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ongoing list, Elle. Yes, some are quite personal and just for me to dwell on.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda