5.13.2015

Frock

If you follow me on Instagram, some of you may have seen me in this little frock with my family on Mother's Day. Mother's Day was quite a casual celebration. Reservations weren't made at a fancy restaurant, rather, I told my family I wanted to spend the day comfortable and relaxed. Since the weather was warm and sunny, we chose to dine at a local hot spot, followed by dessert at Downtown Disney.

I felt super comfy in my little dress. The fit and flare design was perfect for food consumption, and its bright color made my eyes smile. I picked the dress up a few days before when I wandered into a little boutique in one of our college towns known as The Village. Most of the items in the shop were somewhat youthful for me, however this piece was universal in its appeal and a perfect shade of chartreuse. It was begging for me to take it home. The price...drum roll please...$8.00!!! What made my little purchase even more exciting was the fact I already had plenty of accessories to compliment it. On Mother's Day I styled the dress to address my femininity by pairing it with sandals, a dainty necklace, and a colorful wristlet. Today I have chosen to give it a sporty vibe. Enjoy!


There's something magical about throwing on a perfect little frock. A no-fuss way of dressing that gives you complete comfort with their loose design and uncomplicated details. A must have addition to any woman's wardrobe. Throw it on for quick trips to the grocery store, flea market shopping on Sunday, an afternoon movie, spa day, lunch with girlfriends...whatever your day brings. The one I'm wearing in this post is perfect because it can be styled in many different ways with just a simple change of accessories and shoes.

Outfit Details - Frock: unknown (Options on Shopstyle and at Shoptiques); Canvas Tote from Banana Republic from last summer (Options on Shopstyle); Sperry Top-siders at Nordstrom.com; Scarf: Zara (Check out the pretty selection at Loft); Tassel Bracelet: Loft (Past season. Check out the pretty options at Bauble Bar); Watch: Silhouette Crystal by Citizens








Since a frock is the perfect dress for our busy lives, I thought I'd share an App that I recently discovered to help keep our busy lives on point. It's called Wunderlist. I downloaded the App through Google Play Store but I'm sure it's available for Apple products too. It's a great way to create a digital To Do list. The cool thing about the App is you can create all types of lists...grocery, wine, movies to watch, etc. It allows you to sort your items in order of importance and you can even place a reminder tone. In essence, it's a To Do list combined with a calendar. It has many other great features, so, if you're searching for a convenient way to keep track of your life, this may be just the App {wink}
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Fun Fashion Friday
Throwback Thursday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!


33 comments:

  1. $8.00?? What a steal! Love the bold color and the contrast between the dress and the bag - beautiful. I'm still in search of a specific shade of yellow dress and handbag to incorporate into my wardrobe but at the rate I'm going summer will have come and gone lol. You look great Glenda and the dress made me smile. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Steph - $8!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the price. You should have good luck finding yellow since yellow and neon are very hot right now. Good luck! I agree with you...the dress made me smile too :)

      Delete
  2. I certainly noticed your dress on Sunday. I was going to comment on it but try to be brief on Instagram! I think it is fabulous! You can do so much with a dress like this to change up the look, and I thought Sunday it looked dressy, now I see it here and think it looks casual! Wonderful summer dress! I have a few dresses like this that I can just step into before running errands, or out to lunch, or even for sitting out on the patio! But this color is something I would have definitely picked out for myself - and the price is unbelievable! I am a scarf person and love the one you show here. In the last picture it looks like it could easily transition to a coverup if it got cool in the evening! I'm going to have to download that app because I can use some 'orderly' in my life!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't scarves wonderful?...
      You can do so much with them. I have used this large scarf as a cover-up. It's such a good quality scarf and the weaving allows for incredible movement. Good luck with the App. I hope you find it useful. Take care, Karen!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute little frock and the scarf really sets it off. I need to check out sneakers as I recently started buying flats to wear with my dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Antionette, sneakers are so much fun to wear with dresses.

      Delete
  4. Yellow and chartreuse are gorgeous on you, Glenda! More please!! :) 8 bucks for a pretty dress? Again, yes please! I loved the sporty vibe, the accessories you chose. That scarf is beautiful. So happy to see you are in a happy place! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Natalia, your comments are always so wonderful to read. Thank you my friend!

      Delete
  5. Lovely I love the dress, perfect for a warm day and the Blue bag and comfortable shoes, yes love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the bag on a whim two years ago and it has been such a good investment. It livens up just about everything I wear with it. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Glenda,
    I love your perfect and simple almost lime colored rock I love your perfect and simple almost lime colored frock. I am glad he chose to wear with sneakers it makes it a very cool and comfy outfit. That scarf is just magnificent I love it when doubled around your neck, and then again in it's full and glorious length. Great blue tote, too!
    Xx Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle! I find the sneakers to be so much fun to pair with a cute little dress. I love the easy look is gives.

      Delete
  7. Glenda, I promise I will get to that eBay post. Most of the great things I purchased for many years back. I do have to do it a good deal of research to make sure that these tips are still relevant. Further I want to research eBay I promise I will get to that eBay post. Most of the great things I purchased for many years back. I do have to do it a good deal of research to make sure that these tips are still relevant. Further I want to research France, too, and some of the newer sites.
    I know this does not relate to your gorgeous frock but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about your last comment. On my blog.
    Xx Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to your tips, Elle. I'm sure they will be very insightful.

      Delete
  8. That color looks beautiful on you Glenda, and it is so cute with the tennis shoes, the scarf just completes the look! Great look :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nora! I felt like such a California woman in this look :)

      Delete
  9. Love the color of that dress. So bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Daenel. I'm sure its going to get a lot of wear this summer.

      Delete
  10. It sure is a great little frock. And I even like you wearing it with sneakers (which is quite a compliment in my book). The accessories you chose are lovely. I am also very much into yellow/blue/white, as you know.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect color trio, isn't it? This dress is chartreuse green though...very close to yellow. :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had wonderful Mother's Day! A great find and loving it with the sneakers.


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too cute! Love the dress, styling and your pictures, Glenda.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya. It's a fun dress to play with.

      Delete
  13. The colors you have on here are simply outstanding and that scarf to me, adds so much flair and chic factor to the look. Hope your Mother's Day was fun.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Busola. Yes, Mother's Day was nice.

      Delete
  14. Cute and ready for springtime fun! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday & have a fun weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours! I love that bag! Happy Belated Mothers Day! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How positively cool and gamine are you, Glenda??? Those sneakers are truly the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda