4.05.2015

White-Hot



White-Hot: Intensely zealous or fervid

During fashion week for spring 2015, when Chloé Creative Director, Clare Waight Keller, chose to make the first look a delicate, pretty and albeit bohemian spirited little white frock, I believe I heard a chorus of angels singing. Hallelujah! Chloé, one of my favorite design houses for inspiration (wish I could afford to buy their looks), made my heart swoon with their pretty LWD's (Little White Dress). Stay tuned for the Chloé spring 2015 runway show at the end of this post. A lover of wearing white, when I saw this collection, I knew it was going to be a great spring and summer. I thought to myself as I watched the models waft down the runway, Oh yes, this collection is going to cause a massive trickle down effect with LWD's galore. Can somebody say - White-Hot?

My observation was correct. As I canvased my favorite shopping locations and websites, I have spotted a wide variety of  LWD's in diverse styles, lengths, fabrications and attitude. For today, I have selected a Michael Kors, blouson styled swimsuit cover-up (I simply added a slip) for my LWD of choice. The off-the-shoulder style makes this look even more appealing. For those of you who have been following me for some time, you know that I love wearing off-the-shoulder garments. The exposure of my shoulder makes me feel coquettish, while the white makes me feel ethereal and crisp - somewhat of a juxtaposition.


Today's Look: Michael Kors Swimsuit Cover-Up via TJ Maxx; Braided Belt: Ralph Lauren (options at Nordstrom); Nine West Vintage America Collection (Options at Shopbop. Try the Carmen Fringe by Schutz); Polish is Foxy by Revlon.


 
 



The SS 2015 Collection from Chloé

After viewing the fashion show, you should be white-hot (intensely zealous and fervent for the LWD's. If not, I suggest scrolling back to the top of this post and beginning again{wink}


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Whitney Nic James
Photographs of Glenda by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty! 

41 comments:

  1. You look great in white. Your shoes are just amazingly beautiful! And by the way I really did scroll back up and viewed again, lol. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope after the second scroll you're feeling intensely zealous about wearing a little white dress.

      Delete
  2. You look so cool, crisp lovely in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and I feel that way too!

      Delete
  3. Hey there lovely, Glenda. White is hot on you and those shoes! Gorgeous shoot and I love how the look and location go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delilah! I hope you enjoyed your break from cyber world. Thank you for the kind words. With the Southwestern feel of my outfit, we thought it would look nice in a rustic location.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! The shoes are amazing. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful in white, Glenda! It's not the best for my skin tone - I need something warm and colorful to add to make it work. But I do admire white on others. These shoes of yours are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about complimenting our skin tone. You do such a beautiful job at bringing out your colouring, Natalia. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. A fantastic look....and WHOA, those shoes! Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a playful, little white dress, white always looks so perfect on you. Those shoes are simply amazing.I have filed away the whites for our next Summer.( I am in Australia).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I didn't realize you're in Australia. Well, enjoy your cooler months. Here in California, we can always keep our LWD on standby, regardless to the season.

      Delete
  8. I am obsessed with white for spring & summer. So fresh & crisp!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually "need" a LWD as I had to get rid of my old one (too tight ... sigh). A sheath dress is what I am looking for. But I already bought a lightweight white fitted jacket. Cannot wait for the weather to warm up.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you emphasized NEED rather than WANT. It's good to make the distinction, isn't it? I was gifted a nice twill white blazer from Chadwicks of Boston and I love it!

      Delete
    2. My lightweight white jacket proves to be a problem... Too long for a pencil skirt and it looks too much like a wrestling jacket. Bummer. Have to go back to the shop and ask them to style it for me.

      Delete
  10. You look amazing in this! Of course white against your skin is perfect. White on me washes me out entirely.

    And let's talk about those sandals...INSANE!!! I actually pinned some very similar to this that I've been drooling over for months. Sadly I cannot wear a heel that high. You lucky bum!

    Really great look...will be pinning and sharing : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, when I first laid eyes on the sandals on eBay, I couldn't believe how awesome they were. So perfect for living in the South West of the States.

      Delete
  11. You're beautiful in this white dress! Kiss

    http://chocolateglass.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love white for spring summer as well, and you look fabulous in this little dress/cover up with the brown belt. And those shoes just finish off the whole look, you look great!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wearing white makes me feel so crisp. I love it! Thanks, Nora!

      Delete
  13. Wow! You are absolutely stunning in white. I love how you styled this outfit, and the shoes are a knockout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shoes again, so pretty! I love the effortless, bohemian, vibe this outfit has!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm in the spirit of Coachella! Thanks, Cara

      Delete
  15. I agree about the White-hot trend trickling down from the runway to the stores! I am also seeing it! I adore your cover-up as dress, well chosen and gorgeous. I too, love an off the shoulder look, it is very feminine, and sensual, without being overtly sexual.
    Of course, i love the contrast of those scrappy, bearded," Navajo"- stunning sandals. It makes the outfit white hot magic!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so clever with your descriptions! I love the bearded sandal :)

      Delete
  16. Dear beautiful Glenda! You look stunning wearing that feminine white dress (super versatile cover-up!). The off the shoulder style looks amazing on you and yes, you look super coquettish!:-) When I first say the Chloe Spring Collection a couple months ago I jumped out of happiness just because I loved everything I saw. Relaxed, boho style dresses and tops paired with gladiator sandals looked perfect to me and I can't wait to put together outfits inspired by the amazing runway looks in the collection just like you did today! You look feminine, stylish and super gorgeous as always Glenda and you also have such a beautiful, glowy skin! Have a blessed week my friend. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you regarding the entire Chloe collection...and Michael Kors. Both were absolutely stunning. I wanted every piece that was shown!

      Thank you so much, Jeannie for your very kind words :)

      Delete
  17. I still love those shoes and you look Tres Beautiful in this LWD. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glenda, you are definitely looking HOT! Love the dress and what a chic cover up. Such a great beachy summer look. I love how you styled this.

    http://www.foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LV! I thought the Southwestern taste would be fun against the delicate dress.

      Delete
  19. You look absolutely stunning! Love your beautiful dress and shoes! Btw, our name is not seen to often, it's nice to come across another Glenda(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glenda! So weird typing my name. You're right, I rarely meet other Glendas :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda