4.08.2015

Uncomplicated

I'm a firm believer that fussing futzing with my clothing is an absolute no-no. I find it very difficult to feel good about what I'm wearing if I'm constantly tugging at this and pulling at that. I want to put on my clothing and not have to think about them as my day moves along. This gives me the freedom to relax and simply be Me. After all, I'm a woman of many dimensions, and the thought of having to stop and re-adjust every five minutes would certainly be annoying.

In a recent interview for Fabulous after 40 (you can see the interview HERE), the question was asked, "How do you describe the way you like to dress?" After answering the question, I realized the best way to sum up my idea of dressing is uncomplicated. I seek out garments that have an interesting point of view while still having an ease about them. Too many details or overly ornate decorations and/or accessories are not my forté. CLICK to TWEET -- I enjoy an uncomplicated garment that has a distinct subtlety, but yet, in that delicacy of discrimination, can speak volumes. I suppose this is the same way I choose to live my life. You wouldn't find me entering a room with bells and whistles, rather, I would move about the gathering with a calm demeanor, quietly surveying the room while taking in the atmosphere and the people.

For today's look, I'm wearing an Old Navy maternity dress...yes, I wrote MATERNITY. In this case, the maternity dress fits like a regular dress. I couldn't resist, when I saw its classic fit and flare shape, playful bubble hem and feminine front tie. I was willing to ignore the maternity label and go for it. What can I say...it's uncomplicated.


Today's Look - Old Navy Bubble Hem Dress purchased via eBay; Strappy Heels: Loft; Underneath the Dress I'm wearing Chickies Cleavage Coverage; Bracelet is actually a necklace wrapped around my wrist; Double Pearl Ring: Options at Shopbop; Polish is Foxy by Revlon.






I hope you enjoyed this little uncomplicated post for your midweek fashion pleasure. Be sure to visit Fabulous After 40 for my interview. There I try to answer the questions pertaining to my fashion sense{wink}

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Throwback Thursday
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty! 

33 comments:

  1. I completely agree...I hate fussing with my clothing! My goal each day is to go fuss-free. This Old Navy dress is fantastic and your styling makes it look so expensive. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ever so freeing to not have to bother with the clothing. Isn't it? Thank you so much, Pam!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Glenda I love this lady-like look on you. One of your best so far!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lenya. Funny thing, the morning of this photo shoot, I couldn't get into it. I thought maybe I wasn't feelin' the dress. Now that I have the pictures on the blog and can really see it...I rather like it too. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful dress on you, Glenda! I agree with Pam - I'd never guess it's from Old Navy, you made it look so elegant. And I agree with you - labels don't matter as long as the garment fits! I actually check out maternity dresses because they just would fit my body. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. I often look through Maternity, especially for dresses that are meant to be loose fitting. The dress is actually quite nice. The fabric is a nice cotton with a bit of spandex.

      Delete
  4. I know maternity, right? Very unexpected and pleasantly styled dress. Love the bow in front and how you managed to pull it off in the most minimalistic way. Beautiful as always!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Busola. I viewed the bow as an accessory and decided to keep everything else simple.

      Delete
  5. I never would have expected this is maternity...liked it so much I had to share it.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Suzanne. Yes, it is quite a surprise.

      Delete
  6. This dress fits you to a tee. . .and that bow is everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Neti! The bow makes it special.

      Delete
  7. Such a cute and feminine dress and I love how you have mixed it with some sexy heels to give it an edge, great look :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nora. I didn't want to be too sweet :)

      Delete
  8. Such a cute dress. Like you, I hate futzing with my clothes. Not only does it make me uncomfortable, it's not a good look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that gentle nudge...futzing or fussing. Which one shall it be?

      Delete
  9. Glenda,
    Some say Maternity, I say Fabulous!
    This is why you excel at style, you see the garment and not the label, and you have a strong sense of who you are. I will disagree one one point though.
    Bells and whistles, I see them in a subtle way, in each post. You stand out. Refined,classic but with a playful addition of something- that is never predictable- you stand out.
    I will read the interview in the morning ! Congrats!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, Elle, your words made me blush. Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  10. Uncomplicated seems to suit you so well. This dress is so elegant and chic on you!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice. I'll join the link up!

      Delete
  11. It is a beautiful dress, elegant and vlassuc. Very becoming.
    How you can walk on those shoes is a miracle to me. They are gorgeous but there hardly is anything for your feet to hang onto.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greetje! Would you believe me if I said they are very comfortable? They are :)

      Delete
  12. I'm all about no fuss too. Makes like much less complicated, lol! This dress is lovely and the bow is very you. I love it!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, uncomplicated is key. Thank you, Whitney!

      Delete
  13. Old Navy and maternity, so creative Glenda. It looks expensive and not at all maternity like. It takes a great eye and great style to be able to see the possibilities in an item that most people would pass up. Love the whole look, especially the big bow!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie! Such uplifting words coming from you. I so admire your taste.

      Delete
  14. I am with you on dressing uncomplicated! I am loving this little number on you and can't even believe that's a maternity dress, nobody would know! The style and cut is lovely on you!
    xo,
    Monica
    http://GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica! Yes, it's maternity. I decided to keep the label attached for proof :)

      Delete
  15. Modern simplicity at its best, Glenda. I hate fussing with my clothing too. Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday and have a great weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just wanted to say I couldn't agree more And the dress And shoes look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda