4.24.2015

Balancing Act

This has been a very hectic week which required a bit of maneuvering, re-adjusting, and lots of opportunities to exhale slowly. I know I'm not the only person on this earth who is experiencing this same type of schedule. With all the activities surrounding high school graduations, on top of track and field competitions, music performances, trying to write consistently on my book, A Place Called Peace; all while maintaining a home requires a serious balancing act

Last night, after soaking in a lavender oil laced Epsom bath, I crawled into bed and pulled the covers over my head. I don't remember much after that. The next thing I knew, it was morning and time to get moving once again...running multiple errands...taking sons to this event and that competition...I failed to take the chicken out of the freezer in time for a thorough defrost. Take-out for dinner. Though my sons were perfectly happy with woofing down burgers and fries, I, on the other hand, felt guilty for giving them pizza the night before and now burgers...why didn't I use the crock pot to stew the chicken?

We all have times when our schedules become overly busy. Right? To help me through the times, I make life easier by carving out moments of tranquility. In my purse is my headset and my Galaxy Note. Without hesitation, I'll quiet the world around me by tuning in to peaceful music. I enjoy a collection of spiritual songs on Harp (see below). In addition, I make decisions that lighten the load, or take the guess work out of guessing. This is even the case for my fashion choices. Enjoy!


For today I'm wearing a well balanced and basic outfit - a pair of my favorite skinny jeans, white t-shirt, a pair of comfortable sandals and a A-line artist jacket. I know what you're thinking...Did she wear heels for a busy day? I did for part of the day. But for the athletic events I changed into my sneakers. I didn't want to run the risk of taking a tumble on the school bleachers. With the close fit of the jeans, it felt right to balance the look with the swing jacket. 

Today's Look: Seersucker Artist Jacket (very old); Broken In Tee: Loft; Skinny Jeans: Loft; Strappy Heels: Loft; Silver Cuff from J.Jill (Old. Options on Shopstyle)



 




I will not beat myself up (too badly) for my lack of menu planning. They are fed and content. They understand this isn't the norm. We are a family on the go. Our lives are rich and filled with great opportunities to shine. As I type this post to you, my sons are cozy and relaxed in the family room where they are watching their favorite television shows. I hear their laughter and it gives me such joy. Our busiest time of the week is now over and we survived{wink}

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

15 comments:

  1. I am feeling quite overworked today, Glenda! So I the thought of PEACE is a good one. I also love your jacket! have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to find moments of tranquility, Pam. Thank you and enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  2. While you say your jacket is 'very old', it still looks very fresh and current! I love it and would make great use of such a wardrobe item! The busy times with kids are over all too soon, and I remember those days now and am thankful for every hectic minute I had with them! What you said about hearing your boys laughing together and how it gave you such a feeling of joy, I can completely relate to that. To see them happy makes YOU happy. We have to remember to always seize and appreciate those moments in our day when we feel that joy and contentment. Dinner is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but those kids sure are! How wonderful that you have that blessing in your life! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you are such a blessing. Thank you for your sweet and thoughtful words. I went to bed last night with such contentment; knowing that I made it through the week with the grand finale hearing them laugh.

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit. Also great inspiration on peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. There's something about a white t-shirt and jeans that is so fresh and classic. Balance is hard to find and it's great that you know how to find tranquility when life gets to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Debra. I love a nice pair of dark denims and any type of white top. My family knows me well and know that I need that time to myself to sit and do nothing. It's the way I recharge my batteries.

      Delete
  5. It's so easy to feel guilty isn't it? Good for you for knowing you can just let it go. This outfit is super cute and suits you so well! I love the swing coat so much! The collar and sleeves and the shape of it-just perfect! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My swing coat was almost sent to a charity store, but at the last minute I decided to hold on to it. I'm glad I did. It seems to be well liked. If I don't learn to let it go, Shawna, I think I would drive myself crazy.

      Delete
  6. Hello beautiful Glenda! What a wonderful inspiring post. It made me realize that I am not alone. You are such a wonderful super mom and I can related to so much about being on the go all the time. That is why it is so important for us to find quiet times for ourselves to recharge and find inner peace. Love everything you said and everything you wore to your son's game. Not only are you very stylish but you are also an amazing and a very inspiring human being. Would love to personally meet you one day. Sending you lots of blessings and love. Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie! I try to dress myself true to self regardless of what type of event I'm attending. It makes me feel good about myself. I'm sure other mothers look at me strange when they see me at events in my high heels...that's ok, I really don't care. I do it for me :)

      Delete
  7. Good on you not to beat yourself up over a meal which might not have been as healthy as you wanted it to be. So what if it were two days.... It is an exception to the rule. You can be flexible about it. Makes you more relaxed.
    As for the outfit, I always like such a well balanced skinnies / high /heels / interesting top outfit. Looking good girl.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because you are more important than a d@mned chicken, excuse my french! Your well adjusted family will, and did, survive another day! I love your "old" jacket, that looks like it fell off a runway. Your whole look exudes style! I am so glad you re writing a book, I hope I am the very first t buy it!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life gets pretty crazy at times, but you made it though the week and today's a new day. I wish you a wonderful week, and I love your outfit by the way. Thanks for always inspiring... XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda