4.27.2015

A Bouquet for Tcheng

This past Friday, after experiencing a very busy week with my sons, I decided to treat myself to an afternoon movie. My flick of choice was the much anticipated, Dior and I by Frederic Tcheng. Without giving too much away; I have to say...SEE THIS MOVIE! An excellent picture that chronicles the journey Raf Simons takes as he becomes the new Artistic Director for the iconic design house - Dior. Not just a movie about fashion, but moreso about relationships as Simons takes the helm of the worlds most respected couture house. Yes, watching the Ateliers work their magic was fascinating. However, what was more enduring was seeing the relationships form. In one poignant part of the film, there is a dispute and Simons finds himself having to lay down the law with the Ateliers. There were hurt feelings, and to counteract the pain, Simons gives them a lovely bouquet of flowers. In the end, because the viewer was allowed to connect deeply with the individuals, I felt as much a part of the collection as the designers. I wept along with them as the designs hit the runway. To learn more about the legacy of Christian Dior, please see my post called Dior.

There is another pivotal part of the film which boast a massive array of flowers. But, I'll leave that portion for you to discover on your own. In honor of Dior and I, I dedicate this post. Dressed in a pair of floral pants, I'm reminded of the transformative quality a bouquet of flowers can have. Bouquets brighten a room, heal wounded hearts, announce our love, or simply state, 'I was thinking of you.' Whatever the reason, to receive or give a bouquet of flowers, they always sweeten the mood.  


Today's Look - Mixed Floral Basketweave Pants: Loft (on sale); Chambray Swing Top: Anthropologie;  Satin Sandals by Vince Camuto via TJ Maxx (I've had them forever. Options at Shopstyle); Necklace: Anthropologie (purchased a couple of years ago)


 


 

 
If you want a true behind the scenes glimpse into the world of haute couture, I urge you to see this film. In a day and age when the word Couture is used like an ordinary word, you'll walk away with a great appreciation for the enormous work of the Ateliers. You'll never use the word Couture loosely again. This word has meaning and depth, and Tcheng gives us that clear understanding. Bravo Frederic Tcheng - you most definitely deserve a bouquet for the fine work you've done in creating this movie {wink}

 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+
Link Ups:
Shoe and Tell
Whitney Nic James
Fun Fashion Friday
Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

35 comments:

  1. You have me excited to see it now, Glenda. And your outfit is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to check it out. You look spring ready in this cute ensemble. I love your peplum top.
    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only in Southern California for a few more days!

      Delete
  3. I love how you styled these pants and you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pants and thanks for reminding me to check out the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it was first announced I marked it in my calendar. I loved it!

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit and the chambray peplum. I might have to watch that movie now.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pants!
    Darlene
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo excited to see this film Glenda! A UK sewing blogger saw it a while ago now, and she LOVED it too! It doesn't open until mid May, but I'm totally seeing it. My husband is coming too....without knowing my husband, can you comment on whether you think men might enjoy it at all?

    Love your pants and your peplum! Always so stylish, you are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband thought it was interesting. Hearing me talk about fashion, including ready to wear verses haute couture, he had some knowledge in the subject. It wasn't the typical fluffy fashion movie, rather it dealt with relationships and was very educational on how the ateliers work with Raf Simons. It wasn't very long so I'm sure he grab some great nuggets from it. It's hard for me to state whether someone would enjoy. I surely did because I follow the inner workings of the industry closely.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely outfit, the top is fantastic, love the color combination and flowers. I'm checking now to see when the movie will be in my area. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! Yes, I hope the movie is in your area. The engagement is very limited. It was only in California for about 4 to 5 days max.

      Delete
  9. I love floral capri pants because they remind me of the 60's. I need to pick up a few more pair as well #personalstylelinkup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the top and shoes, nice pairing with the floral pants. I haven't heard of this movie, must learn more about it!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! Yes, check it out if it's still showing. It was only in the States for a limited time.

      Delete
  11. The elements of this outfit are superb! The florals, sexy shoes, texture of your blouse/shirt...perfection!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Whitney. It's such a nod to Christian Dior and the producer of the film, Dior and I - Frederic Tcheng.

      Delete
  12. Such a beautiful and elegant outfit, Glenda. You look so glam! LOVE it! That peplum top is cute.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lenya. Will I sound conceited if I say I love it too? :)

      Delete
  13. Love, love, love that top!! I can't wait to see it! Comes out here on Friday and I've had my calendar marked! Iris Apfel's movie comes out to tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely outfit. That chambray peplum top is great on these chic floral pants. Of course you have the right sandals to go with it. I expect nothing less.
    As for the movie... probably won't see it. Little time. Don't even know whether it will come to Europe,
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje! My friends make fun of me regarding my sandal collection. I think I have every color.

      Of course the movie played in Europe...the home of the great Ateliers. I believe it went there first and has already moved on. It's only showing in major cities for a very short time. I believe only 5 days per city.

      Delete
  15. I love your necklace and it works so perfectly with those fab floral pants and heels. I am glad you saw the movie and liked it. It was a great experience for me too :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nora. I'm glad you like this look. It was fun putting it together. A gentle nod to Christian Dior and Frederic Tcheng.

      Delete
  16. Love this outfit on you, Glenda! Head to toe, every single detail - AMAZING! That necklace, that top, those pants, those shoes! Just fantastic - will be coming over to see it again. And again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Natalia. I'm so glad you like it. It was fun to put together and wear.

      Delete
  17. What a beautiful spring look and now I can't wait to see that movie!
    Thanks for linking up and have a fab weekend!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda