3.30.2015

Inspired by...Being Dapper

Dapper: Neat and trim in appearance;  very spruce and stylish 

Recently I came across the most dapper couple on Pinterest. Looking at the image gave me such warm feelings. Not only because the couple is adorable, but because I was taken back to an age when dressing to impress was a way of life. A simple afternoon stroll required the utmost attention to detail, and as you'll see below, the two look neat and spruce in their coordinate attire. When I traced the image back to the owner, I saw it originated from Advanced Style. But of course it did! The couple utilizes a few key expressions to make their ensembles pop - First are their blazers. Second the polka dots. Third the color combinations, and finally, the expression of their unique personalities. Enjoy!


Blazer comes courtesy of Chadwicks of Boston
Today's Look: Twill Blazer (Courtesy of Chadwicks of Boston); Skirt by WillieWear via TJ Maxx (Old. Similar HERE. Other Options HERE); Studded Weejuns: G.H. Bass (Old. Similar HERE or HERE); White Tank Top: Loft; Silver cross body purse: Nine West via eBay.

Image from Advanced Style



 

As I type this post to you, I laugh at how the fashion industry has often worshiped the young and disregarded the seasoned. I draw inspiration from many elements, however, this dazzling, elderly couple really struck a cord with me. They truly have that certain something that makes you stand up and take notice. The embodiment of class and sophistication...dapper personified {wink}

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin or Instagram or Google+

Link Ups:
Shoe and Tell

Photographs by Freddy and are the property of So What to Twenty!

14 comments:

  1. Aww, that couple looks so sweet and I love their style! Love your style too...especially those shoes!
    Darlene
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Darlene, that couple is so sweet. They stole my heart. And thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love the post...the outfit...the sentiment of the post...and especially the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved a dapper look and yours looks great! Thanks for the definition, for some reason, I thought it had more masculine connotations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I thought it was a masculine connotation as well. I think because of the term, Dapper Dan.

      Delete
  4. Agreed, they are an adorable couple. And you have a very nice and classic outfit. Beautiful jacket.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje. Yes, very classic indeed. I'm looking forward to styling the white blazer in other ways.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous post! Love your style and a nod to that beautiful couple! Dapper indeed my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the cutest? Thank you, Carol!

      Delete
  6. Glenda, What a great post! I love the adorable couple. They actually look like they coordinated their outfits. They are both very dapper and stylish. And, your dapper outfit is fab, especially paired with your great two-tone loafers. I think I want a pair after seeing yours! Thank you for linking up with SHOE AND TELL on Style Nudge!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie, I saw these studded loafers a year ago on another blogger and fell deeply in love. I had fun mimicking this adorable couple.

      Delete
  7. Glenda!
    Love it. I watched the documentary on Netflix called Advanced Style. It was a great look at women over 40-50 and so on with such style and flair. Love this look of classic white and black, your shoes are so cool! Love your inspiration.

    Thank you for participating in Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jessxx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out the documentary. I pop over to see the blog on occasion. Be sure to check it out. And thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda