2.04.2015

Pineapple'd

I often think about the creative mind. Perhaps because my oldest child is a musician, and I, being involved in the creative industries for years. The creative mind is free to roam and explore. It sees the ordinary as inspiration. The mundane as extraordinary. Beauty where there is pain and affliction. However liberating this may be, the creative mind often has to fight against the norms of society. A society that dictates the how, the when, and the why of life, and inevitably tries to place one inside of a suffocating and stifling box. And though creative individuals fight a good fight against being placed inside the box, there is still the mind of the creative soul that must constantly be convinced to get out of its own way - because the creative mind is often the master of self sabotage.

Thank goodness for people who support the arts in any way, shape or form. When we support the arts, we demonstrate to the creative mind that their work is important, and that it has meaning and a purpose. The arts, are indeed, a pivotal part of our lives. It is through the mind of the artists that we can re-imagine the past, or perhaps peek into the future. We open our minds to territories which have never been explored.

Today, I bring you information on an artisan retail store based in Bronxville, New York called Chaos NY.  Chaos is a unique retail experience where merchandise is showcased within a full-scale, contemporary art installation. When they connected with me to show a piece from their artisan collection, I was thrilled to support the artists. Today I'm wearing a Pineapple, long-sleeved crop top by Super Maggie. This 100% cotton top is super versatile and comfortable, and is available in a variety of designs and screen-printed in the USA. Printed with phthalate free, 100% non-toxic ink. I enjoyed pairing the top with my slouchy, wide-legged trousers and sneakers for a laid-back, outside-of-the-box vibe. Then I gave the look a bit of funk-appeal by adding tons of arm candy. Enjoy the look!


Pineapple Cropped T-shirt by Super Maggie
courtesy of Chaos NY
Guess what So What to Twenty friends...You'll receive a 20% off discount on the Chaos NY online store! 
Use code WHAT20 - Valid thru February 27, 2015

Other Outfit Details - Wide Leg Trousers: Jones New York; Sneakers: Sperry Top Sider; Arm Candy from various retailers and Mexico.

   

 



For the creative minds in your life (and that could be you), do them (yourself) a favor...support them by discarding the box and giving them the freedom to be {wink}


Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up: Fashion Should Be Fun
Visible Monday
Photographs by Fred

31 comments:

  1. Love the creativity of Chaos. I found a bracelet I really like. This is such a fun casual look, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Pam. It truly is a fun top!

      Delete
  2. Loving this casual look! Chaos NY has some great pieces - I love that they offer a few plus size pieces too.

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very creative pieces, indeed. I'm glad they reached out to me. I wasn't aware of them until they did.

      Delete
  3. I am so drawn to that tee, I can't explain it because normally I hate graphics but there is something about it that I absolutely love! It is so good with the wide leg pants too!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, Cara. I like the fit and cut of it. It looks good with a pencil skirt too! You can have it 20% off until Feb 27th.

      Delete
  4. What a cool tee! I love this whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh wow, have fun with it! It's a really great top. I know you're going to enjoy it ;)

      Delete
  6. Creativity is awesomeness! Love the comfort level of this look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cookie! The cool thing about the top is that it can be styled in a variety of ways.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful graphic tee! Temperatures must be quite high in your part of the world! Snwy days here...you are a lucky woman! I look out of the window and...really envy you!!

    Artists make the world a more interesting place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dan. California weather is usually warm and sunny. Trust me when I say, I wouldn't want to live any place else in the States but here.

      Delete
  8. I think it is a fantastic outfit! The slouchy trousers, the sneakers, the arm candy and.... the T-shirt. Very laid-back as you say, but also very "Saint Tropez" my husband would say (= high praise).
    Love the T-shirt, but I am a bit afraid to order it. Oversees purchases are expensive for me. Especially when you have to send it back because it doesn't fit.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the outfit too. I kept it on the entire day while I ran errands. I received lots of compliments on the look. The top is one size fits all. It is very roomy. I am long -waisted and as you can see, my stomach doesn't show. I'm very pleased with the top.

      Delete
    2. It is sold out...... Probably thanks to you LOL

      Delete
  9. What a cool outfit! Those baggy trousers with the sneakers are so edgy and loving the pineapple top! Very chic, my friend!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Monica! I adore the top. It's so fun.

      Delete
  10. Glenda,
    I woild take it further, and stomp on the box! ( oh , gently..perhaps...) But that is me..
    I embrace creative energy, in myself and in people around me , when it is apparent it is that which drives them!
    I love this tee, and love the village of Bronxville, I will check this out!
    Love the wide trousers with this and the cool sneakers, a perfect urban chic vibe.
    xx, elle
    xhttp://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bronxville sounds like a great community. I adore artisan shops. I always find the coolest things.

      Delete
  11. Such a super cool look! I'm doing a feature on Chaos NY on Monday ... aren't they great?! I love Super Maggie's stuff and almost went with her van sweatshirt, but then decided on a piece of jewelry instead. Love the way you styled this! Thanks so much for being a part of FUN FASHION FRIDAY!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, Dawn. Have fun with the look. Yes, I enjoy artisan shops very much. Since I wore this top I've noticed pineapple motifs everywhere. Even in Anthropologie!

      Delete
  12. Love the hint of Spring in this fun shirt Glenda. I too want to think of myself as a believer and wannabe patron of the arts and everything that goes with it - more power to all your endeavors!

    Best!
    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun casual outfit, Glenda. And it looks so WARM there, oh my gosh! I feel like I'm loving on the Northpole right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is warm, Melissa. It has been in the 80s!

      Delete
  14. That's a cool look, I like what you have paired it with, you can never go wrong with a pair of wide-legged pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like the look. I felt fun in it :)

      Delete
  15. So YOU! You take a problematic visual idea and make it work to perfection. Tough for a short girl, but brilliant proportions are everything ... you just rock. Fresh and stylin' and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this could be problematic for us shorties. However, the key is a good fit. Tailoring is a must when dealing with wide trousers on top of a roomy top. Thank you so much, Jan. You rock too ;)

      Delete
  16. LOVE this outfit. I have a thing about wide leg pants and you wear them so well with the tee and sneakers - can't wait for Spring so I can do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda