2.01.2015

Blaire and I: Shoe & Tell Link Up

I was delighted when Cherie from the Style Nudge asked me to co-host this week's Shoe & Tell. An avid shoe lover myself, it was easy for me to jump on the opportunity. In my humble opinion, (Tweet Me) shoes are the cornerstone of a great outfit and often times I plan my complete look around what shoes I want to wear. I think many of you can attest to that statement. Right?

Being that the sandals I'm wearing today are pretty daring, whimsical, bold, quirky (Insert your word here. Please be nice), I thought it suitable to keep my other pieces in the ensemble simple. In other words, I'm letting the sandals do the talking. You may remember the last time I wore them on a post called, A Touch of Quirk. Something about the sandals screams blue jean. Therefore, for both post, I paired them with denim. I failed to share my story regarding the sandals...I had been eye-balling them for months at big retail store. However, when I first laid eyes on them (summer 2014), they were out of my budget. And then, two weeks after Christmas, I visited my local TJ Maxx to peruse the shoe department. Much to my disbelief, there they were, sitting in the clearance section for a mere $15 and in only one size - my size! No denying, it was meant to be. Enjoy!


Today's Look: Tildon (Blaire) Sandals via TJ Maxx (still available on eBay), Denim Jacket: Loft (old but newer option available at Loft), Orange Cropped Sweater: Anthropologie (old); Crinkled Midi Skirt: H&M (old but newer option available at H&M), Polish is Vanessa by Zoya







I hope you have an incredible week and please join in and share your shoes (outfits) with the rest of the world{wink}

Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up: Personal Style
Photographs by Fred

Join my Shoe and Tell Link Up every Monday to share your favorite shoes, old or new, shoes you own, or shoes you wish you owned. Feature just your shoes or share with us your entire fabulous outfit, shoes and all!

Every Monday I feature a pair of my shoes and tell a little bit about them. Shoes make the outfit and who doesn't love shoes. Shoes have a story to tell, like where you were when you bought them, what event you were at when you first wore them, who you were with when you wore them, etc.

To join the link up follow these steps...
1. Please follow your Host on Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin and/or Pinterest Thank you! 2. Feature your entire outfit or just your shoes. 3. Visit other link up blogs. It's a great way to get to know other style bloggers, as well as their shoes! 4. Every week I will be selecting my favorite shoe/outfit post. The chosen blogger will be invited to be the next Shoe and Tell co-host the following week. 5. Please link back to Style Nudge by posting a link in your post or grab my Shoe and Tell widget below and paste to your link up post.
stylenudge.com
 
Link-up will be live every Monday morning. Click to join below

33 comments:

  1. Glenda, the story of how you got the amazing shoes you are wearing for this post confirms the fact that when something is meant to be for you, it will be!!! Life can be great if we just allow things to happen. I remember those pretty shoes from your previous post and from the time I laid my eyes on them I loved them. Being a midi skirt lover drives me to be madly obsessed with the skirt you are wearing. From the style to the length it is just perfect. The cropped coral sweater under the denim jacket looks amazing together with the skirt. The shoes are the cherry on top of the cake:-) Thanks for sharing my wonderful friend. Have a blessed week! XOXO, Jeannette
    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jeannie! I'm glad you like the look. I did see the skirt at the H&M in my area. Perhaps you'll be able to find one. I just love the quirkiness of these sandals. They make me smile when I look at them and when I wear them ;)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you got these shoes at such a great deal. What a fabulous find! You styled this look perfectly. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! It took awhile for me to store them in my closet. I kept them near my bed so that I could see them ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your sandals. They are awesome. They were definitely meant to be yours - last pair left in your size? You had to buy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Debra! I think I actually shed a few tears when I saw them ;)

      Delete
  4. What fun shoes! My daughter shops at T.J.Maxx for me all the time and finds Michael Kors items. I need to visit there more myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Amy, I always find Michael Kors items at TJ Maxx. It's such a mecca for great finds.

      Delete
  5. I too had my eyes on this pair of shoes at Nordstrom Rack Glenda!! I love how you styled them, and the midi skirt is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Joi, you saw them at Nordstrom Rack?! I saw them at the actual Nordstrom. I was beyond shocked when I found them at TJ Maxx. And thank you!

      Delete
  6. You are the perfect choice to host a shoe link up...your shoes are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific shoes, Glenda. Glad you got them in your size.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda,

    Those shoes!! Love the metallic blue( reminds me of jewelry!) and the pattern at the back and heel!
    Simply stunning, of course your ensem has to take backstage....but it didn't really, that red sweater with the full skirt was equally magical.
    In fact, as much as I love the denim jacket, I would rather see the red sweater...maybe it is the valentine's day flu coming on!
    Those shoes had your name on them. great shopping kharma!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my outfit was more subtle?...Oh well, I tried. I'm glad you like the sandals and the look, Elle ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh the skirt is fantastic as well. I love the surprise leopard on the heel of the shoe. Fun times, Glenda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shon! They are so fun to wear and look at ;)

      Delete
  10. Great shoes at a great price and you are rockin' dem. They match just about everything in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet they do, Neti, with your love of orange ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness I really like those shoes! What a score on that price you paid for them...enjoy your day/week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I got them for an amazing price ;)

      Delete
  12. Oh wow, these are certainly shoes with a story, hee hee, thanks for sharing, Glenda! They really look soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Glenda for being such a great Shoe and Tell Co-Host. LOVE your TJMaxx find - so cool!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie and thank you again for inviting me to participate. It was great fun!

      Delete
  14. Oh yes, the sandals are awsome. And I love the way you styled the skirt with that lovely hpjumper. AI can learn a lot from you.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Greetje. You are very kind. I'm glad you like the look ;)

      Delete
  15. Those sandals are so cute! and what a blessing to find them on sale. Loving the concept of a shoe link up and I definitely think a great shoe makes an outfit. POP!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LV and thanks for participating in the link up! It is a cool concept for sure. I'm so in love with my sandals ;)

      Delete
  16. Loving the shoessss!!!!! I'll be linking up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you know how much I love me some shoes....gurl, I am loving the metallic sandals...I say, as my tootsies are currently covered in boots! I hope you'll stop by and link up with me on Friday for "Go Red for Women''

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow those shoes are INSANE!!!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda