1.25.2015

Inspired by...The Row!

I fell in love with the zen-like quality of the spring/summer 2015 collection for The Row. The masterful combination of paired down pieces created in raw silks produced such a calming effect. Though the collection has a simplistic feel, make no mistake about it, the garments have been carefully crafted with undeniably artistic impressions with swaths of fabric tied and twisted around the garments to create shapes and silhouettes that are new and fresh. The venue for the runway show, in itself, was utter perfection...an exposed brick wall for the backdrop, a wooden plank floor for the catwalk and the morning sunlight for the lighting. Just like The Row, I selected a location for this photo shoot for its zen-like quality. The raw and uninterrupted. And the soft glow of the morning light. Enjoy!


Today's look is inspired by look No. 17 from The Row. I was surprised when I saw a similar piece from my existing wardrobe in their collection. Though my top is an actual dress (last worn in a post called Daring), the two pieces are very similar. The undeniable difference is that The Row piece has slits that far exceed the ones in my dress. Nonetheless, it is a simple look to recreate. Perhaps one day, if I decide I no longer want to use my piece as a dress, I'll send it off to my sister to have her move the slits higher up.


Today's Look - Double Side Slit Dress: Tango Rose (Balboa Beach); Moto Bi-Stretch Pants: Loft (available on eBay); Nine West Fastenup Slides: eBay; Silver jewelry purchased in Mexico; Sunnies: Loft
 
The Row Spring 2015 - Style.com






If you haven't seen the complete collection for The Row spring/summer 2015, simply visit Style.com to see all of the delicious pieces. In the meantime, I hope you all have a fantastic and inspiring week ahead{wink}

Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:

Link Up: 
Visible Monday
Photographs by Fred

45 comments:

  1. Spectacular, Glenda. One of your best looks. I am a big fan of The Row and of Mary Kate and Ashley's oversized boho style in general. Who would have ever imagined that those little girls would become such fashion icons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I agree with you - I'm a huge fan of The Row. There looks are so simple, yet complicated. I felt completely relaxed in this look. I can see wearing it just about anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Glenda,
    Why am I not surprised that you found such a stunning creation in your own closet! I love that pattern and I love how it works with the clean black pants and I love that you chose a soft morning to be the background.
    I must say I can also see this as a cocktail dress with a stunning pair of cage sandals that I'm pretty sure I've seen on you. Wink.
    I hope you are enjoying that beautiful California sunshine. Here in New York, we are expecting 2 feet of snow! Oh well...
    Xx , Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Elle, the thought of snow sends chills down my spine. We're expecting some rain, but we most surely need it. Yes, this little inexpensive dress has proven to be quite versatile. I love that about it.

      Delete
  3. Perfect combination Glenda. you look so natural and relaxed. I like the pattern of your dress and sandals are just ideal addition. And I'm jealous about the sunshine you have down there in California. Send some to me please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mag. I felt natural and relaxed, indeed. I really enjoyed wearing this look and I'm looking forward to giving it another wear soon.
      Sending warmth your way!

      Delete
  4. Great look. It's amazing what we have in our closets when we shop it. :) I've moved to my new blog and settling in. Since there is a blizzard on the way I'll have a little bit more time to work on setting things up. I'm going to soak up all that sunshine and warmth in your photos. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving the blog sounds like a daunting task. I hope it's going well. I agree, shopping the closet is often the best retail therapy.

      Delete
  5. I was also inspired by their spring collection and I had already pinned this on a board. Your version looks awesome, Glenda. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this outfit! You look so glam, Glenda.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks good! fit girl.Great look, this dress is very nice And photo is very nice......Love ............. Best and Worst Dresses Photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Glenda! That's a truly fabulous look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! It was fun to put together too :)

      Delete
  9. Black and white is always a classic! You look comfy and casual.
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the inspiration as well as your take on the look. Very chic; love black and white!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ... I so love black and white. And this outfit is no exception. Beautiful and classic.
    What a joy to find you have something similar to the runway already in your closet.
    All that sunshine over there, while we are in the cold here... that is a bit difficult to stomach LOL.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Greetje. As I type this, I'm sitting at my desk and looking out the window. I'm watching the clouds roll in. We're expecting a rain storm. We need the rain.

      I'm glad you like the look. Isn't black and white so perfectly easy? I love it too.

      Delete
  12. I love the Row, You look amazing in this classic double slit top. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes, The Row is amazing.

      Delete
  13. Black and White is one of my favorite combo. You can't go wrong with it. This top is beautiful, I love how you paired it with a basic pants and sandals so the top will be the showcase. Perfect look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The top is really a dress. It was a fun look to recreate.

      Delete
  14. I love your interpretation of this look. It is so elegant and yet it looks effortless. Perfect perfect look.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LV! And that is exactly why I'm drawn to The Row...the elegant and effortless styles.

      Delete
  15. Oh wow, you translated that trend so well, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Glenda, great photoshoot!!! I love everything about this outfit! The print and the cut is perfection, love it!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I really enjoy wearing this outfit and the location was just perfect.

      Delete
  17. Fabulous look and you found it in your closet. You look comfy and chic my dear. . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Glenda! Elegant, simple, classy, even a bit edgy. Really like this outfit! I also enjoy creating looks which inspire me from the pieces I have, there is something really satisfying in it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. There is something so satisfying about creating looks from what we already have. You always feel resourceful and current. It's a nice feeling.

      Delete
  19. Many thanks for wishing us a fantastic week, Glenda! It can sound silly, but I have appreciated your words!
    Your long, sleveless dress is beautiful on a pair of slim black trousers! The combination of colours is timeless so you can use it long...
    A wonderful rest of the week to you, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope that my readers do have wonderful weeks :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda