1.18.2015

Inspired by...Jeannie!

The first time I blogged about who I was inspired by was on December 30th (here is the link). In the midst of creating the post, I thought it would be fun to create a series based on the concept. So, today I give you the second post in my new series called - Inspired by. The purpose of the series is to introduce you to the bloggers, designers, artist, or whatever inspires me. In addition, as you know, I write a great deal about being inspired to create your own look verses copying someones fashion style. I hope you enjoy this series as much as I'm looking forward to delving deeper into it.

Recently, Jeannie from Ms. Jeannie and Her Closet was spotted wearing a pussybow blouse and jeans in a post called Living Life Our Way and Feeling Whole. Jeannie's look resonated with me because I saw her post shortly after writing Rips with Glitz, where I shared how, in recent years, jeans have become a staple in my wardrobe. If you aren't familiar with Jeannie, please visit her blog and get to know this lovely spirited woman who has an incredible fashion sense and an enduring personality.

Today I'm bringing you two completely different looks that include the same blouse but two options of denim. The first look, with overalls, is more urban and hip. While the second look, with dark skinnies, is demure and classic. Enjoy!

Look No. 1: Urban Cowgirl


First Look - Vintage 80s Pussybow Blouse; Vintage Gap Overall, Michael Kors Sandals, Accented with Silver jewelry.


    


Look No. 2: Little Ms. Proper


Second Look - Vintage 80s Pussybow Blouse, Petite Curvy Skinny Jeans: Loft; Michael Kors Brena Flats (still available on eBay); Renn Woven Crossbody Wristlet: Charming Charlie, Accented with gold jewelry and accessories.





As my jean wardrobe continues to increase in number, I'm always excited when I'm inspired with different ways to wear them. Thank you Jeannie! Your pussybow blouse with jeans is really the cat's meow{wink}

Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
Link Up: Shoe and Tell

Photographs by Fred

29 comments:

  1. Bibs rule! I still own mine from the 80's. You are getting more adorable every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, Connie! I purchased mine from a little vintage shop and I have them placed at either late 80s or early 90s. However I strongly believe it was more around the late 80s. And thanks for the sweet compliment :)

      Delete
  2. I just bought a few vintage tops from the thriftstore. I can't wait to wear them! Beautiful!

    http://www.delabellesbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, how fun! Enjoy your new tops, Kesha. Vintage is so fun to wear.

      Delete
  3. Great outfits. The blouse is beautiful. I am drawn to your second look though your first look reminds me that summer I was hunting for overalls for the fall. Hmm...I think I need to resume the hunt. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! I enjoyed putting both looks together. However, I can see myself wearing the overall look more often. Just because California is so laid back. I went window shopping this weekend and I must have seen overalls in just about every store. Your search should be easy!

      Delete
  4. Glenda, I am trying again with my response to your post.
    The AutoCorrect feature sometimes gets me in trouble if I don't double check it with my very bad eyes.I do want to say that I love your bow blouse in both of its incarnations. The black jeans, that fit you so well, look beautiful with the bow blouse because it adds so much polish and color.
    The very same blouse with the overalls looks completely different, and has a relaxed and colorful California vibe, that I've come to associate with your own unique style!
    I Will try and check out that link that you recommended for your friends blog. Have a wonderful week.
    Xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle, both looks were fun to wear, but I like the oxymoron of the demure blouse with the rugged overalls. It made the look more unique and unexpected. Yes, stop by and visit Jeannie. I'm sure you'll love her style!

      Delete
  5. Oh my this blouse is absolutely amazing! Love it with the overalls!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised that you would like that look better. You have that edginess to you ;)

      Delete
  6. Hello Glenda! You look amazing wearing that beautiful vintage pussybow blouse and I love the two different looks you created with it. The blouse is super feminine and fabulous just like you. What a treasure piece of clothing you got. I am so happy to learn that you felt inspired by one of my looks and I am more than honored to be mentioned by you on your blog. You look so confident, beautiful and happy in all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing my sweet friend:-) Have a blessed week!
    XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, you are a very inspirational woman indeed. I look forward to viewing your fashion choices and reading your words. I paid a mere $2.50 for this blouse at a little vintage store in Palm Desert, California. I couldn't believe it! And thank you for the lovely compliments :)

      Delete
  7. Great idea to show us two different looks! I definitely like the second outfit better. I'm just not that crazy about denim overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda you have styled this gorgeous top well in both looks. My favorite is the second one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You took me back to the 80's with those overalls love it i had a pair of red guess overral i use to wear all the time. Vintage clothes is so awesome The bowtie blouse with the dark jean is a classic combo you look awesome :-)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Delores, vintage clothes are awesome!

      Delete
  10. Love both looks, and I always love anything vintage! enjoy the day!
    Stephanie
    Positively Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stylish looks, Glenda. The blouse is awesome.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. The second look I like best. Because I am not a fan of overalls. I do like the tension in the look between the pretty blouse and the overall though.
    The flat shoes in look 2 are gorgeous. (You already know I adore the sandals in look 1.)
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the tension. It's fun to create looks that are such opposites.

      Delete
  13. Ok Glenda, you are definitely a woman after my own heart. Pairing denim overalls with a fabulous stiletto heel is brilliant! One of my favorite looks on you. You definitely inspired me by your inspired by me post. Thank you for Linking Up with Shoe and Tell on Style Nudge!!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie! I love a good oxymoron when it comes to dressing. Mixing it up makes it all the more fun ;)

      Delete
  14. Both looks are so nice on you, Glenda! The first outfit is very 80's and the second one is very feminine! In love with your T-bar flats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan! I loved both looks too. There so different. Just shows the diversity of the top.

      Delete
  15. Love your look. Where did you get your jeans please? - they look gorgeous. Also love the blouse and shoes. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda