12.11.2014

Silver Slippers

It has been one of those crazy kind of weeks where you barely have time to breathe. My husband's occupation always keeps him on overdrive during the holiday season, so, I've been left to fend for myself in the parent department. My older son, who is a well-decorated saxophonist has many school activities which cause us to spend our evenings on his campus...and then there is my youngest son who is also engaged in school functions. Because of my hectic schedule, after Monday's blog post on Conscientious Blogging, I haven't had much time to focus on So What to Twenty. So today, I'm just stopping by to show you an outfit that I put together to celebrate the newest addition to my shoe wardrobe. 

I had been searching for months for a great pair of silver shoes. I finally found a pair on eBay...it was love at first sight. If you haven't noticed, silver is my all-time favorite metal. In my opinion, it evokes thoughts of a carefree lifestyle, easy, breezy, lightweight, airy, cool...you get the picture. Yes, there are many silver shoe options available to us, but I was searching for a heel that wasn't too high, and believe it or not, I didn't want a sandal. One night while laying in bed, I scrolled through eBay and found this perfect pair by White House/Black Market for...drum roll please...$15! Can you believe that? The original price was $125. What an incredible deal! Midway through my week I received a knock at my door from a very pleasant UPS driver who handed the package to me. What a wonderful surprise in the midst of all the chaos.


Today's Look - Amira Silver Metallic Shoe: White House/Black Market via eBay; Accordion Pleated Silver Metallic Skirt from Talbot's via eBay (still available); Sweater: Zara (old); Coat: Vera Wang for Kohl's (very old); Scarf: Zara (very old), Clutch: Juicy Couture via eBay



 


The day my silver shoes arrived, I was headed out the door to pickup my sons from their schools. I had on a pair of sneakers, but when the carrier handed me the package, I ripped off the wrapping, opened the box, cracked a huge grin, and immediately pulled off the sneakers and replaced them with my new silver slippers. I felt like Cinderella when her fairy godmother arrived to dress her for the ball, accept my fairy godmother was the UPS driver (smile). Suddenly, in the middle of all the busyness of life, by dawning my slippers, I felt like a new woman. It's amazing what a new pair of shoes can do for ones spirit{wink} 

Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+ 

Link Up:
Visible Monday
 
All Photographs by Freddy Harrison

34 comments:

  1. These silver heels are legendary -- what dreams are made of. I love silver as well. I'm scared to buy shoes online as I often end up with the wrong size!
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand your fear. I'm pretty much a 6 1/2 across the board. Here's a secret...try to find the reviews on the shoe to see what others say about the fit.

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are so gorgeous...had to pin them! I am really jealous you can wear such amazing heels. I wish I could still do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heel isn't too high on these, Pam, and they're cushioned!

      Delete
  3. Great shoes and you look very good in this outfit. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely divine. I am totally with you in your admiration of silver shoes😎. And these are so good. You styled them beautifully.
    The enjoyment of receiving such a pleasant surprise for such a bargain price is known to me (big grin).
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great feeling to receive from UPS :)

      Delete
  5. Wow Glenda, I'm not surprised you felt like Cinderella the night of the ball- they are fabulous shoes!! I love that they have an ankle strap and silver is so refreshing. $15 is quite a find! Isn't ebay great? I have to say that I also adore the Vera Wang coat - it's very sleek and sophisticated. The photos with the windows in the background and your blue top are incredible too. Great pop of color. And, I agree with you, trying to do blog posts during the holidays is very difficult!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eBay. It makes life easier on my budget! My husband is very clever with our photo shoots. I thought the blue was great too :)

      Delete
  6. How wonderful, truly wonderful to find a piece that resonates with you so much! Congrats on that! You look absolutely beautiful, Glenda, and I am afraid I am in love with your coat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Natalia, this is an incredible coat. However, not great for keeping me warm. But a good added extra. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Goodness, every single one of these pieces is gorgeous Glenda. Love the silver heels. What a steal!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya! An amazing steal. And, they were New In Box!

      Delete
  8. Those shoes are stunning. I would have done the same thing when they arrived. Like you, my husband's job keeps him busy from November until after Christmas, it's like I married Santa Claus. LOL. (I could really use a few elves for help around here.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you completely understand! I felt so special wearing my shoes the day they came. I really needed the lift.

      Delete
  9. Definitely a Cinderella moment, gorgeous!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinderella would be envious of those shoes! Instant stress relief! This is the time of year when we all get very busy and life gets even more hectic, and there seems to be an endless list of things to do... Oh well, it's Christmas soon and you can dance the stress away in those lovely shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's exactly what I plan on doing, Tiina...dancing the night away! Have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  11. Wow! What a steal! Nice find :-D They look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you Glenda - the shoes are awesome!! You look gorgeous,, :)
    Have a blessed week ahead!!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy! It's hard to not wear them :)

      Delete
  13. I like silver shoes too. Gold shoes, depending on the texture and style, can sometimes look too garish to me. Silver is softer. Your shoes are so dainty and what a good heel height.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to only like gold sandals. Like you stated, it can sometimes look too much! Thank you for commenting, Sharon and I'm glad you like my silver slippers.

      Delete
  14. Yes, Cinderella made modern! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, you look fab in your new silver slippers. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every woman should have a beautiful pair of silver slippers. I love the shoes Glenda and they are such a great statement piece. I love silver because it has a wow factor without looking too over the top. I would have ripped open the package and put them on too!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yes! YES! You found 'um and you rock 'um. So pretty with your color-block outfit, and on your perfect little feet! I'm all admiration, and you deserve all the compliments you'll get in these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so elegantly dressed, Glenda! Every detail is very nice and the silver shoes are gorgeous! I love shopping online and, yes, ebay is full of good opportunities!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dan, it's amazing what you find on eBay, and thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda