12.03.2014

Let's Chill

Well friends, it has happened...California has finally, after an entire year, had a change in weather. We have gone from our average of 80 degrees to cloudy, rainy weather that made me make a made dash to the store to buy a warm scarf and cap. And though the temperatures hover in the low 60s by day and the very chilly 40s by night, for Californians, this type of weather is pretty darn cold.


Since life goes on when the weather report calls for rain, for today, I have chosen an outfit that rolls with the punches. A soft sweater that's just the right weight, faux leather moto pants, ankle boots and cozy accessories - an ensemble that keeps me warm but also gives me that let's chill vibe.

Today's Look - Diane Gilman Sweater with Chiffon Ruffle (Courtesy of Diane Gilman), Moto Pants: Zara (old. Options on eBay), Plaid Scarf: Loft, Knit Cap: H&M; Ankle Strap Boots: Loft

Thank you to Diane Gilman for sending me this incredibly soft sweater. I'm wearing a regular medium and it is quite big for me (notice the area around my wrist). I typically wear petite sizes. Depending on how roomy you want the sweater to fit, you may want to consider ordering a size down if you are petite.




 

I am a true California girl who absolutely loves the warm sunshine, however, this cool, rainy weather has been a nice change of pace. I'm enjoying sitting at my desk while sipping vanilla tea with the sound of rain encompassing me. The sounds of raindrops are calling my name, and they are saying - Let's Chill{wink}

Subscribe to So What to Twenty via email and never worry about missing a single post!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
You can also find me on the following Social Networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  Pinterest  or  twitter

All Photographs by Freddy Harrison

36 comments:

  1. You do cold weather so well and I want those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely here Glenda. What a cute sweater, adorable. Love the edgy touch by your leather pants.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssss if this is the worst weather we get ill take it got on my boots and scarf also. sweater is very cute i thought you layered it. I love this whole ensemble stay dry
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, Delores. I'm loving the change in weather. Nope, I didn't layer the sweater. Cute concept.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sweater! But you're the one who makes it shine. Your headwear is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look nice and warm....We are definitely feeling the Winter weather here in the south! Stay warm!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's about time, isn't it? You look great in all weather. Wait, the skirt is attached to the sweater? I love that. I'm going to try to figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Connie, it is about time. Yep, the ruffle is attached. Makes it so cute.

      Delete
  7. You look cute and cozy - and a bit edgy in the leather pants! I too love a change of pace from time to time. You describe a perfectly Seattle winter here, Glenda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! It hadn't rained in so long here that I forgot how lovely it can be.

      Delete
  8. I love your outfit and that sweater is amazing! You just inspired me to experiment with some sweater refashioning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda I am in love with that sweater! The added ruffle is so unique and feminine. How easy that would be to add to any sweater...hmmm. Love how you added the hat and scarf to the look too and THOSE BOOTS!!! Love your shoes. Enjoy the cool weather!
    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie! I know you love your shoes :)

      Delete
  10. Great outfit, Glenda. I love the different textures and the ruffles play to your feminine style. Stay warm! ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney. I like how the sweater isn't too heavy.

      Delete
  11. You look so chic! You would fit right in here in Seattle;)

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would only last but a while in Seattle. Too much rain and clouds for me.

      Delete
  12. Yes, the rain was a big change for us and much needed. Loving your winter ensemble. So chic! By the way, what part of Cali are you in?

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Glenda, I have that sweater! Now I know how to style, super cute on you!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Digging that sweater. I'm going to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vanilla tea, rain, cool night and cozy sweaters all sounds perfect. Love the sweater and the way it drapes. Love your choice of tougher pants with it , and i adore the cap and scarf...so it must feel good to have a bit of chill in California..I know the sun will be out soon!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elle, it does feel good. We needed the rain badly. Hopefully this year will bring us lots of it.

      Delete
  16. OOoh Glanda, I love everything about this outfit and this post!!! Your sweater is darling with the beanie and the soft scarf, and those moto pants give you an edge!!! Enjoy the moments! Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look good in a beanie! :-) I don't...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks pretty darned good.laid-back but still elegant. Love the trousers and boots too.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sweater. I do like DG2 jeans and have a few pairs in my closet. I haven't tried any tops yet. Hmmm... Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, elegant, and chic look. I like the pale tones of your top and scarf with it.:) Happy Holidays!
    /Madison
    Eco-Style Watch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda