10.11.2014

Carino and Colton

This past Thursday, my husband/photographer and I were invited to view the runway collections for some of the Los Angeles area designers. Los Angeles Fashion Week officially began on Monday, October 6th at Maker City L.A. at the Reef, and though our schedules didn't permit us to see all the shows, I was very fortunate to see the collections of Colton Dane and Rochelle Carino - two designers whose design aesthetic peeked my interest.


Determined to make women feel happy and confident in what they wear, Rochelle's designs bring flirty and fun back into women's closets. The brand is based on the idea that you are never to old to play dress up. From feathers and bold prints to sparkle and metallic sheen, a woman not only can shine on the inside, she can shine on the outside too.












Review: Rochelle Carino

I was intrigued by the first few pieces that came down the Carino runway. The bold, yet muted print shown in a dress, shorts and jacket were modern and yet had a hint of nostalgia to it. The overall feel of the collection reminded me of daddy's little debutant gone sassy. Each piece had a touch of party-girl intertwined with good girl. I could imagine the wearer of these garments leaving the house, under her parent's careful supervision, to jump into her boyfriend's car and begin removing bits and pieces to reveal a more daring side.

Carino stated that her brand is based on the idea that you are never to old to play dress up. After seeing the collection, I can grasp what she is selling. The garments were begging me to hold on to my inner girl by digging into my mother's armoire - regardless of how old I may be. Though the overall appeal of the collection was for the younger generation, I could see some of the pieces translating into a more seasoned woman's wardrobe.


Colton Dane has a focus on finely crafted fashion, artistic detailing, timeless style, and the world's most luxurious fabrications. The collections are driven by elegance and sophistication. A philosophy encompassing luxury, the feminine spirit and refined glamour. Designed for the modern, sensual women.


  
 



 

 

 


 


 

Review: Colton Dane
 
One of the most anticipated designers to be seen during Los Angeles Fashion Week, and after seeing the collection, I can understand why - Dane's designs stood out like a well-dressed thumb. A well-made and chic collection that screamed, "I'm the Lady of the Manor." I got the feeling that Dane's muse was one of those icy heroins in a Hitchcock film...a subdued sophisticated dame with a vulnerable quality, but never boring. Each piece paid homage to the female form by complimenting it in an easy, sexy way. Dane has a real knack for designing for the woman who desires clean, and uncomplicated details. 

This season Dane focused fabrications on elements of the earth: water, wind, fire, rock, shell and precious metals. Each element is represented by an array of fabrications that are sourced from Europe. They expanded this season with fabrications from Pairs and Italy that have been custom made for collection, providing global exclusivity. I was particularly impressed with the fabric that represented the precious metal. Up close it reminded me of cork that had been infused with liquid 24k gold and sterling silver.

Close-up of the Dane collection's beautiful fabrications
My husband, who was in the photography pit snapped this picture of me while waiting for the Dane show to begin.

Entrance into the runway venue at Maker L.A.

I hope that you'll take the time to click the links and visit the designers websites to learn more about their background and their collections {wink}

I love to read your views, please, leave your comments below.

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  twitter


All Photographs by Freddy Harrison

 

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Glenda! I'm happy you enjoyed the show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stuff. I really, really like 95% of it. And I do hope they translate into something I could wear, as most of the things make me long for my youth haha.
    I am not going to click through to the shows... I am broke after my Italian visit. No need to torture myself.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Carino show was more youth oriented, but the Dane show was more mature. I loved them both!

      Delete
    2. Looking through this post again, gives me strength to go to my neighbours birthday party and not stuff myself. As I need to lose some weight again. These past two weeks were nice, lots of cakes and such, but it is time to go back to the regime. Otherwise I don't fit my nice clothes anymore.

      Delete
  3. I really like the Rochelle Carino collection! Love the prints and the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I could see you in every look from the Carino collection. It's youthful and flirty.

      Delete
  4. How fun! I haven't been to a fashion show in ages and this really makes me want to go! Cool looks!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like seeing a live runway show. You get the complete feel for the designers interpretation. I love Los Angeles Fashion week. It's always great excitement.

      Delete
  5. I agree with you...the Dane collection was beautiful...so glad you got to attend! These events are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his collection was wonderful. I'm looking forward to more from this young man.

      Delete
  6. My heart almost stopped when I saw Dane's jumpsuit (although cut a little too low I liked the overall look), the purple pantsuit and the cream pantsuit are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stephanae!!! I thought the model was going to slip on my drool when that look passed by. It is stunning! His fabrics are to die for.

      Delete
  7. So....what was your favorite piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went crazy for the gold pant suit and the low cut jump suit by Colton Dane. His use of fabrications were impeccable.

      Delete
  8. Hello Glenda! So happy you got to enjoy such a wonderful experience. All collections are amazing but my favorite one was the one from Colton Dane. Loved every single one of his pieces. Thanks for sharing:-) xoxo, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette! It was a really great experience. I'm always happy to attend Fashion Week. I enjoyed both collections, however the Dane designs were more mature.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda