10.08.2014

SKIN


This week has been pretty chaotic. It seems like both my sons, husband and myself have to be in a million different locations. It has been challenging trying to coordinate our schedules. And on top of that, Los Angeles Fashion Week began on Monday. The hubby and I have had to squeeze in trips into L.A., on top of everything else. Regardless of the busy schedules, I didn't want to go to long without touching base with all of you. Since I receive quite a few comments regarding my skin, I thought it would be a fun diversion to give you the inside scoop on how I take care of it.

First let me begin by stating that the photograph above hasn't been altered in any way, shape or form. I attribute the luminous quality to my skin to drinking lots and lots of water; plenty of exercise; good, natural lighting; and a great foundation. I was shocked myself at how great my skin looks in this picture! Nonetheless, I still want to share with you how I maintain a natural glow...


Many of you already know that I keep my "beauty" routine ABC simple. I'm not really into makeup. I never really learned how to wear it, and frankly, rather than spending my money to purchase high-priced cosmetics, I'd rather buy other things. However, there are a few standards that I keep on-hand, which are:

To cleanse and moisturize my face, I simply wash with either Dove soap (sensitive skin formula) or Eucerin Face Wash for Sensitive Skin (not seen in photograph). I moisturize with the UP Target brand moisturizer. At bedtime, I smooth on a thin layer of Rosehip Oil.

Here's a little secret to keep my lips smooth...I brush them! Yep, you read right. I dab them with Vaseline (which I also use to highlight my eyebrow arch) and then take a moist, soft bristled toothbrush and gently brush them. It's a great way to exfoliate them (smile).


To give my skin the glow that you see in my photographs, first, I always try to photograph in bright sunlight. The sun naturally picks up the golden undertones of my skin. But to add an additional shimmer, I use Vaseline and Origins Smoothing Souffle. The Souffle contains natural spearmint oil that makes your skin tingle, and it smells absolutely scrumptious. I just love it!

  

There you have it, Friends...Glenda's Skin Care Secrets. I hope it didn't bore you. I'll see you soon{wink}

I love to read your views, please, leave your comments below.

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  twitter


Photographs by Freddy




21 comments:

  1. Your skin is absolutely gorgeous! Don't forget genetics - you can attribute that awesome skin to your family in addition to all the other great lifestyle habits that keep your skin so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Kellyann! Thank you for the kind words and the reminder :)

      Delete
  2. You are beautiful! So good to see you take good care of yourself and your skin! You look amazing!
    -Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, thank you. You're making my head swell :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous post! You look fresh and happy!
    www.imperfectmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks awesome dear Glenda!!
    In my younger years I had a very problematic skin with bad acne and today there are some traces of acne left. No big things but the whole face looks a little bit irregular. In summer I don´t use foundations, only the Garnier 5 sec perfect blur and and face powder. Will look now for this products you have presented :)

    have a great weekend
    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I try to go without wearing foundation during the summer too, but for days when I'm taking pictures, its a must. I didn't have acne as a teen, but I most certainly do as an adult. It's so annoying.

      Delete
  5. Your skin is amazing! Thanks for sharing your skin care secrets! xo
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Glenda..... what can I say???? YOU SKIN IS PERFECT! Thanks for sharing your secrets. I have always worn Estee Lauder double wear but will give Clinique a try. I have melasma on my cheeks and I actually don't like to cover it much because then my face look too cakey so like you, I wear a primer and play with light. I wear a loose powder from Elf (really inexpensive) that reflects light it helps a lot. Thanks for the sharing all your secrets. I always thought you had the prettiest skin. Blessings to you always my blogging friend. XOXO, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannette! It's not perfect. I too have challenges. I have my dermatologist on speed dial. For years I fought eczema, but my doctor gave me the tools to take care of it. I believe primers are the secret weapon to a smooth foundation.

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful skin.... sigh... I am envious. My skin is wrinkled. Period. Lost its elasticity. Too bad.
    I will have to live with it.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing about having high pigmentation, the skin doesn't wrinkle as much. But still I have other challenges with it.

      Delete
    2. Well, you have clearly overcome the other challenges.

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous Glenda. Thx for sharing your skin routine.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone raves about that Origins, I need to get on trying it! I used to love Clinique until I found out that was what was causing a rash on my face:(

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Origins lotions, but I don't use the face products.

      Delete
  10. Your skin is really wonderful, Glenda! You are a lucky woman!! And taking care of it can help to keep it healty... I have been using Clinic creams in the past and I found they were very good. Now I prefer almond oil as I have a very dry skin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love almond oil too. I sometimes put it in my hair.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda