10.29.2014

Risky Business

I once lived my life in fear of what others would think. I always wondered how I would be perceived or judged. I didn't have the courage to pursue my dreams. After all, it's considered risky business to have the gumption to step out and go-for-it. It was safer to live my life inside the precise confinement of the box - where ideas of advancement and freedom to move about are inevitably constrained. Until I decided that taking a risk would be well worth the interruption of my known routine of life. It was time to add mystery and release myself from my comfort zone. So, I climbed out of the box, and I'm so glad I did! Now I'm free to move about without the fear that once held me back. I wiggle my hips with the beat of a song; I laugh out loud at myself; the taste of something new entices me. Oh the thrill of it all!


For today's look I'm wearing head-to-toe black to represent the mystery that keeps life exciting. To display a touch of risk, I'm wearing a faux leather peplum belt (courtesy of Kya Kya by Markina).

Kya Kya is offering a $5.00 discount between Nov 5th thru Nov 12th on the Faux Leather Peplum Belt. Use discount code - sowhatto20

Black T-shirt: Gap; Merona Pencil Skirt: Target; Peplum Belt: Courtesy of Kya Kya by Markina; Embroidered Pumps: Isaac via eBay; Delicate Pave Ring Necklace: Loft






At the end of the day, I have zero regrets for taking a risk. I throw my head back and kick my feet up because I now know...
The future belongs to those who belief in the beauty of their dreams.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
{wink}

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  twitter

Link Up:
Throwback Thursday
 
All Photographs by Freddy Harrison

34 comments:

  1. Great post..gorgeous pictures...I am very close to taking a risk and while there are moments of fear, there is also much excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay Pam! Whatever it is, I'm sure it is wonderful. Congrats to you!!

      Delete
  2. You look so amazing! Thin, fit, healthy - just stunning. Yes, when I look at your pictures I say, "So what to twenty!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellyann, this message really inspires me. Thank you. My goal is to look fit and healthy. I hope I'm not looking too thin...

      Delete
  3. Black on black is one of those classy combinations when done right -and you did IT! Love this - Beautiful! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This peplum belt is the cutest GLENDA!!! releasing yourself from your comfort zone is exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is exhilarating! !
      The peplum belt is made to order. I'm glad you like it!!

      Delete
  5. So glad you take risks! You're a fashion inspiration! Love the outfit and the peplum! gorgeous!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit: LOVE it!!! And you have a great blog. Let me know if you want we follow each other by GFC, bloglovin', google+, etc. I hope so: I'll be waiting for you!!!

    *Keep in touch ;)
    ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn

    Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning, Glenda! I love how peplums are always so super flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are very flattering. Thanks Melissa!

      Delete
  8. Check you out hottie Glenda - amazeballs from head to toe esp. those heels!! Come share this look at the SPOTLIGHT WEEKLY I am co-hosting with Elle & Jacqueline!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally with you Glenda. Comfort zone may be nice and cozy but well let's face it it's oh so boring. If you don't take risk you miss a lot out of life. I agree with Henry Ford who said " If you always do what you've always done, you’ll always get what you've always got." Oh btw! you look stunning in this outfit.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love that quote too. It's so very true! Thanks Lenya :)

      Delete
  10. Stunning, Glenda! I love the peplum belt. Very nicely done!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That peplum belt is such an eye-catching piece, and so unexpected. I commend you for going outside of your comfort zone---own it, girl!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittney! Thank you and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  12. How cute is that belt?! I'm a little too thick in the middle for such fabulousness but I adore the look on other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. There are things I avoid as well.

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful post dear Glenda. I went to all this through and ´m happy that in my age today so many things are different than in my youth.
    When I first saw your pictures I thought you´re wearing a skirt with a perplum. Your look great in this outfit!! Both thumbs up :)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great look Glenda! Style is really all about taking risks and this one is fabulous!! I love that it is a peplum belt - I have never seen anything like it. Love that it is leather and love the all black thing!
    cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look. Which is obvious to me, as I have a black dress with a detachable peplum belt of the same material. I wore it last Friday. We were nearly twins across the ocean haha.
    And hurray to you for taking risks.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! Wow, that's a great coincidence. We were twins :)

      Delete
  16. Dear fellow Renegade,
    Love this look! Love the all black, film noir vibe, love the poses, and obvious comfort with which you move! That belts transforms the whole outfit, it is brilliant, I would love to see it on a print dress , too, in the future, or a color... it is so versatile.
    Love those shoes, too. I remember them from a prior post and adore them.
    Stay on this wonderful journey, and thanks for letting me tag along to see!
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! Now you've given me an idea...on a print dress - Yes!

      Delete
  17. Such great words - taking risk = great rewards! I love how much fun this peplum belt adds to this outfit.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda