10.23.2014

Organic+Sexy =SkinTone Clothing

I can't recall the words Organic and Sexy ever being used in the same sentence, until recently, when I had the opportunity to witness the runway collection for SkinTone Clothing during Style Fashion Week in Los Angeles. Made from 100% raw, natural, hand-woven Peruvian cotton, the SkinTone Clothing line beckoned us to live our complete lives in these go-green, coquettish pieces. 

As the models sashayed down the runway to the hip tunes of smooth jazz, I felt an inkling, deep down within me, to get up from my seat and start grooving to the music. However, strange that may have been, it truly didn't matter since each model found the rhythm just as enticing. SkinTone did its due diligence by not sending the typical sullen-faced model down the runway, instead we were greeted by sassy divas and handsome men that reminded us of when the catwalk was a fun experience that actually made you want to buy clothes. A highlight of the show were a set of twins who dazzled us with their synchronized movements that landed them, in my opinion, Best Interpretation of the Model Strut. I found the feel of this runway show to be particularly cool...hip, and albeit jazzy...in a very fashionable way.







 

 





In contrast to many other clothing lines, SkinTone Clothing caters to the Jazz enthusiast and musicians who use music to heal souls. They often travel to Jazz events where they know people of like interest would embrace SkinTone and the green movement of healthy living all the way down to their clothing.Their main focus is to provide a clothing movement by selling SkinTone Clothing at every beach side community in the world.

In my opinion, I could imagine many of the pieces in my wardrobe. I had a particular fondness for the long, hooded maxi dress (Picture 3 and 4) and could visualize my lifestyle being lived in this easy, breezy garment. SkinTone Clothing managed to capture the essence of the hip, cool, healthy, carefree heartbeat of California. I have no doubt that they'll steal the hearts of others from around the world as well. Bravo to you SkinTone Clothing for making sexy, together with organic, plausible{wink}

I love to read your views, please, leave your comments below.

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  twitter

All Photographs by Freddy Harrison



22 comments:

  1. What a show! Two thumbs up for a beautiful write up on the event. The pieces are just so in sync and the whole collection deserves a standing ovation. I think the twins stole the show if you ask me.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Busola, it was quite a show. Very well done. The clothing was showcased beautifully.

      Delete
  2. You always make me feel like I am right there experiencing the event with you when it comes to your write ups! LOVE that last photo so much!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara! That is a lovely compliment. My job is done.

      Delete
  3. Bravo! I enjoyed both your writing and photos. I'm wondering if "organic" is synonymous with "vegan". Did anyone elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organic isn't synonymous with vegan. The cotton used in the garments only are raw, organic cotton. Meaning they are free from dyes, chemicals, pesticide, etc.

      Delete
  4. I'm wondering because you did mention 100% cotton l, but I also noticed some purses and bags. Curious if leather or not or perhaps organic mean no added dyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the accessories were simply props and aren't affiliated with Skintone Clothing.

      Delete
  5. Wow! stunning clothing. Very gorgeous people wearing it too! I don't understand why the clothing line is called skintone, did I miss something?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawna, I pulled the following quote from their website regarding their name...
      Our customers want to live in, sleep in, and play in our clothes. Hence, our brand, "SkinTone, For the Skin You're In!”

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Glenda. I wondered if it might be something like that, only to me tone implies colour. Perhaps the name Second Skin is taken.

      Delete
    3. As I read their website description, they also say the name has to do with music.

      Delete
  6. Love the post ...the Outfits are looking so elegant and chic in this tone <3

    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail right on the head. It was very elegant and chic with the gentle tone of color.

      Delete
  7. What a cool fashion show! Love the silhouettes and the whole sexy vibe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy for you that you enjoyed the event Glenda, sounds like you were having a great time.
    Happy Friday
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun that you got to be there and see all of those gorgeous clothes firsthand. And you're right, those are some sexy pieces! I do love the maxi dress. :)
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Yes, it is a lot of fun. I look forward to LA. Fashion Week :)

      Delete
  10. I agree, this line sounds so refreshingly desirable. I love the philosphy, and the way they walk the walk!!
    The fashions are lovely, and it is nice when the models smile, and know that they have something to smile about!
    Great report, and photos: love your slice of perspective on it!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I thoroughly enjoyed this show. It was so joyful and happy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda