9.02.2014

If I Were Attending Mercedes Benz Fashion Week...

Let's be real, 95% of fashion bloggers will probably never have the opportunity to attend the shows during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. A sad observation, but true. For we know that to receive a golden invitation to attend such a prestigious event, would mean that one has been spotted and recognized by the BIG fashion influencers. I'm not going to hide the fact that if I were one of the lucky few attending, I would be an extremely happy woman...even if I had to sit in the rafters.

Just before fashion week, there seems to be an onset of interviews where they ask fashion insiders what they're packing for the fashionable week. I enjoy watching these discussions. I'm always curious to what others would wear to endure such a rigorous schedule. There always seems to be such a sharp contrast between the attendees who are there to work verses attendees who are there as a show piece. Those working the events seem to keep their attire more streamlined, yet chic; while others seem to wear show-stopping pieces that require the utmost precision to get in and out of.  


Let's suppose I was attending, and I was there to work. I would most likely wear something scaled down to the minimum, easy to maneuver in, and comfortable, yet fashionable. With my experience in attending events for the various Southern California Fashion Weeks, I find it most appropriate to wear outfits that garner respect in my field as a writer, but also demonstrates my knowledge and respect for fashion. Today I'm wearing an outfit that is super easy to wear, is extremely comfortable, makes me feel relaxed and pulled together, and able to get the job done. A pair of drawstring, sport inspired pants, a pullover sweater, booties, clutch purse and my handy-dandy Galaxy Note (which I'm having a love affair with) to catalog pictures and take plenty of notes for my report.

Today's Look - Lou & Grey Drawstring Pants: Loft, Royal Blue Slouchy Sweater: Zara (sold out), Nine West Mainstay Booties: Amazon, Magazine Clutch: Amazon, Samsung Galaxy Note3; Aviators: Loft (mirrored option HERE), Polish is 'A List' by essie, Lipstick Chubby is Mightiest Maraschino by Clinique, Silver rings and bangle purchased in Mexico.





  


Sure, for evening events I would sport a different look, but for a full schedule of attending fashion shows, I would still keep my look streamlined. If you received that golden invite to report on or attend the shows during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, what would you wear? In the meantime, if a trip to New York just isn't in the cards, click HERE to see the schedule for the upcoming shows. Which designers are you looking forward to seeing? I'll let you guess mine. The initials are M.K.{wink}

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  twitter

Photographs by Freddy

24 comments:

  1. Let me guess: Michael Kors?
    Me too ;)
    By the way, cobalt blue will be number one color this autumn ;)
    I love this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Michael Kors. There are many, many others, but I adore his shows. Royal Blue is becoming one of my favorite colors too!

      Delete
  2. Yeah cobalt blue! Great color combo Glenda.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this streamlined outfit. Simple, but with impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That is a great look. I love those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I'd love to attend Mercedes Benz fashion week! But yeah, ain't gonna happen, that's for sure, lol :-) You look lovely again, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some dreams become reality :) Thank you Melissa!

      Delete
  6. I've always wondered what it would be like to attend. A friend of mine has gone a few years in a row and from her stories, it's nothing short of amazing...but very tiring, lol. Love your look here. Simple, chic and easy to get things done it. You nailed it!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be amazing that you had to pencil MBFW on your calendar? Thanks Whitney!

      Delete
  7. I think what I like most about your style is your confidence and attitude. Great style is all about attitude! cherie at stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Cherie, and you have the same confidence and attitude as well. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  8. Love the color of your top. Hmm, it's kinda fun to think about what I would wear if I went to fashion week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think about it too. Maybe one day it will happen :)

      Delete
  9. I love that you kept this toned down and not over the top but still incredibly chic and comfortable!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Attending to the fashion week would be great!! I would love!! So...good luck, Glenda...and , in case, remember to share the event! :-) Lovable casual look here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Dan, I'm not attending. I was only dreaming. Maybe one day though :)

      Delete
  11. Yes, classic, chic and comfortabel. You did a great job. I hope they spot you for next year.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be lovely and then I can scratch it off my list of things to accomplish!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda