8.04.2014

Let's Chat: Exhibits and Things!


Video Recap:
It is an absolute pleasure to attend the exciting events at my college Alma mater, the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. Recently, I attended a reception to unveil the latest exhibit to be featured in the FIDM Museum & Galleries called Superdoll Collectibles. The exhibit  will run from August 1-16, 2014. If you're in Los Angeles during these dates, please take the time to stop by and witness these inspiring creations. And while you're visiting the Galleries, be sure to visit the exhibit on the 8th Annual Outstanding Art of Television Costume Design. See 100 costumes from over 100 featured television shows, such as: Downton Abbey, Orange Is the New Black, Breaking Bad, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and many more! Runs July 22, 2014 through September 20, 2014. Finally, take a step back in time and view Bound to Impress: Corsets from The Helen Larson Historic Fashion Collection, which highlights the unnatural fashions between the 1760s and the 1820s when the corseted woman was the way of life in fashion. Runs July 22, 2014 through November 1, 2014.

The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
Los Angeles Campus
919 South Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA. 90015

I don't know about you, but I'm always in search of a new color to add to my nail polish collection. In the past, I had the tendency to gravitate towards reds and berries. However recently, I selected a neutral color by essie called Au Natural. I love it! It gives the gentle illusion of wearing bare nails with just a hint of color. Perfect for times when you don't want to think about your nail color.

Au Natural by Essie

If you have been following So What to Twenty for some time, you know that I have super sensitive skin and must be extremely careful with whatever I place on or near my face. Because of this, I keep my skincare and makeup ultra simple. With the extreme heat of summer, I have noticed an increased amount of breakouts on my face. I attribute this to the moisturizers I use after cleansing. I opted to go without adding moisture but my skin always felt dry after cleansing. One day while strolling through the beauty section at TJ Maxx, I happened up a little bottle of organic Rosehip Oil and we have been inseparable ever since.

By Nature from New Zealand - Organic Rosehip Oil

Friends, have a wonderful week! I'll be back next week. I'm taking a little break {wink}

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Video and Photographs by Freddy & Glenda


20 comments:

  1. Love this feature, Glenda! Thanks so much for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit of a costume design nerd. At the end of movies I will stick around for the credits so I can find out the name of the costume designer. I just saw "Magic in the Moonlight." And the costumes absolutely blew my mind. Emma Stone's 1920's frocks would look just beautiful on Glenda 2014!!! Sonia Grande is one of my favorite costume designers. Google her name. XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Googled Sonia. Wow, talk about a A-list designer. Fantastic credentials, indeed! If ever you travel up to Los Angeles, pop into FIDM. You'll really enjoy the exhibit. I think for a fee you can have a private docent.

      Delete
  3. Hey Glenda...it was so nice to hear and see you live on your video!! A lovely, newsy little post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sue. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. What a pity not to see the exhibit!
    About nail polish, at the moment me too prefer neutral colours as I find they are sophisticated and go with every outfit! I am a real fan of body oils, and I have a full set of every kind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dan, you misunderstood, I did see the exhibits and they're great!

      Delete
  5. Oh yay, you should do more videos :-D As for that nail color, love it. I love a good neutral :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about doing more videos Melissa ;)

      Delete
  6. Love your video. You are so lovely :-D Those products look very interesting and i really love the nailcolor.
    http://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video Glenda! Don't get me even started about nail polish honey. I am addicted......don't ask me how many bottles I have, I stopped counting a long time ago. I buy at least two to three new shades every Friday, yes it is as bad as that. My name is Lenya and I am addicted to nail polish.......... Have a great week and enjoy your break. See you.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That makes two of us Lenya. My name is Glenda and I'm addicted to nail polish :)

      Delete
  8. Awww, love this video, so great to see you live and those costumes are beyond words! So sad I didn't get to see this before I left:(

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some day you'll have the opportunity to visit Fidm galleries.

      Delete
  9. Hi Glenda, It's always a joy seeing you on video <3. The displays at the museum sound wonderful and I'd give my brother's right arm (he's left handed) to see it up close and personal. Rose Hip oil I've heard of but was unaware of the benefits but I'm in the midst of changing up my skin care regimen thanks to info I got from Beautypedia.com. Love the natural colored nail polish, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the remark about your brother's arm!

      Delete
  10. Glenda
    I love to hear your voice, it is so gentle and refined, and sweet!
    Love your talk, and I can see your enthusiasm for the costume exhibit. I know I would love the see the costumes of a show like downton abbey. I also loved the glimpses of the super doll collection!
    I will look for that oil at TJ max, when I am there next . It sounds like a good simple thing to have for your skin.
    Thanks Lovely!
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! Regarding the oil, you can find it at any Whole Foods store or organic grocery store. Just look for 100% Rosehip Oil.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda