7.29.2014

Summer Love

Though we must accept the extreme heat of summer, there is still a romantic element about this time of year that is palpable. Perhaps it is the necessity to wear less clothing and show more skin; or the warm, seductive evening nights; or perhaps, times of vacationing in private villas. Whatever it may be, time and time again, it seems that a romantic spark inevitably ignites into summer love. Like many who marry during this time of year, soon, a member of my husband's family, will say their wedding vows in Las Vegas, with the entire family looking on. I'm looking forward to this time for two reasons, first, the wedding gives my family a reason to take a family vacation. Second, it is always a blessing to see a young couple embark on their lives together.

Though my husband and I have been married for over 20 years, it is still important for us to nurture our relationship. We do this often by stepping away from our children and enjoying time alone and well spent. Recently, on a warm, balmy night, we went out for a quiet dinner at one of the local wineries. We enjoyed a delicious menu of fine cuisine. After dinner, we strolled around the premises while enjoying a glass of dessert wine. For the occasion, I chose to wear a soft and romantic skirt, which reminds me or the romantic eros love of cupid (last worn on a post called Frothy), combined with a denim top that represents the true vibe of California life.

Today's Look - Skirt: Lauren Conrad for Kohls (past season. Available in medium on eBay), Halter top is vintage Esprit, Shoeties: Via Spiga (old) (options), Sunnies: Loft, Earrings: Vintage, Polish is Au Natural by essie.

Romantic verses of scripture which are also the favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Enjoy!
The voice of my beloved! Behold, he comes leaping upon 
the mountains,skipping upon the hills. 
My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag. Behold, he stands 
behind our wall; he is looking through the windows, 
gazing through the lattice.
 My beloved spoke, and said to me: “Rise up, my love, my fair one, 
and come away.  
For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. 
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. 
The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with 
the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, 
and come away!
“O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,In the secret
 places of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.”
Catch us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vines, for our vines 
have tender grapes.
My beloved is mine, and I am his. He feeds his flock among the lilies.
The Song of Solomon 2:8-16





We may not all have that special someone in our lives at this particular time, but yet and still, there is always the idea of love. That alone is enough to make my heart skip a beat{wink}.

Friends, be sure to visit Imogen Lamport's Inside Out Style. I was featured on her Stylish thoughts. Click HERE for the interview!

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photographs by Freddy

35 comments:

  1. Glenda you look perfect for a romantic date night. The maxi skirt is TDF!
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for the lovely comments Glenda. S is very eager to learn more about photography, so he's experimenting with filter and exposure time also using the depth of focus thingy, don't ask me I haven't any clue at all what I am talking about, lol, just repeating what he told me. He wants the pics to become more professional he says. Second I gather you misunderstood the weather thingy, sorry if it mislead you, but I was talking about summer nights not day, I suppose you don't have 110F around 8p that would be even hotter than in Phoenix, my 84F were the evening temps, I always take my outfit pics in the evening because of my work and Simon works even longer, so I only do outfits when we are heading out for something like dinner date, movies, whatsoever. I don't do outfits for the blog, I mean I don't dress for the blog but take the pics of what I am wearing. Sorry if my post was misleading you.
      xox
      Lenya

      Delete
  2. You look awesome in this outfit and that skirt is everything. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and poetic! The photo before the last one is my favorite - love seeing the skirt (and you!) in movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia. That was a faux movement. It was 95° and not a breeze in sight.

      Delete
  4. Your today's outfit has something of magic, Glenda! The skirt makes me think to fairy tales and princesses! But you also matched the perfect top to add a very contemporary touch...well done, dear! :-)

    Yes, the idea of love makes the heart beat strong! It is not necessary to be involved in a love affair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that maxi skirt dear!! I really love maxi skirts for summer, and this pale pink one is awesome!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love is good! Love that skirt and you look great! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt! Think I'm gonna head on over to ebay to check it out. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. What a beautiful skirt..... Fairytale-like. And so well styled with the denim top. Your husband must have looked at you with sparkles in his eyes during and after diner.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes Greetje, he was a very happy man that night.

      Delete
  9. Twirl, twirl!! This is such a sweet skirt and would work well with a crisp button down too...so many looks.

    Sidenote: I was wondering how you retouch your color without overlapping previous color? I need to retouch my color and I don't want to overprocess. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are many great ways to style the skirt. Thank you!
      Shon, I'm no expert at hair color. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of letting the silver shine through and toss the bottle. Personally, I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. It feels dry and brittle. But since you asked, I just put dye on all over about every 5 to 6 weeks. My natural hair color, before the silver, is brownish, auburn.

      Delete
  10. So soft and romantic but funky at the same time. Love it.

    The Hubs and I will have our first getaway in over 4 years. I have no idea what to wear....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo Daenel, where are you two going? How romantic.

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, Glenda, that skirt is sooo beautiful! It gives you a very ethereal look. You look so light and breezy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I felt lite and breezy. The heat was sweltering. But thank you!

      Delete
  12. This look is so romantic with a slight edge-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wises words and perfecto enesemble the soft skirt with denim is just PERFECTION
    I hope you are ready in flowers for Share- in Style Monday 4th
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful - the words and the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your words are always so touching and amazing, not to forget this look though... perfection!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glenda.
    I love this romantic combination of denim and that exquisite peach skirt. The skirt is so ethereal looking and I love the way it is grounded by the sturdy denim that is cut so well and looks so beautiful on you.
    I think it is wonderful that your relationship is as strong as it is and that it continues to thrive. Kisses,
    Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle,
      This denim top is probably one of the oldest pieces I own. I purchased it over 20 years ago from Eprit. Remember them? I only wear it on occasion because I truly love it and want it to last. There is something about this skirt that makes me want to pair it with tougher fabrics. Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  17. Big love for this outfit - so feminine and pretty and the bottom with some sass on top with the denim halterneck.
    LOVE that strapless white dress you're wearing over at Jill's link up on White too - you are beyond gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda