7.08.2014

LEGZ


A little over a week ago I published a post called a VERY Little White Dress. In the post I shared how I have a favorite white dress that doesn't require much thought. It's easy to wear...I just put it on and go. I was so surprised by the flattering comments I received about my legs! One person, bless her heart, even said, "You gotz legz!" Hence the title. I loved the way she phrased her comment. This person has such an amazing vocabulary and I would love to play Scrabble with her (except I'm sure she would win. Right Jan?).

Notice how I'm trying to hold the dress closed on the left side. I am quite modest.

Since I received various comments about my legz, I thought I'd share a bit about my overall workout routine. And, I hate referring to it as a routine, which sounds boring and redundant. I enjoy exercise and considerate it a far-cry from boring. I not only workout for the physical benefits, but it also makes me feel good about myself emotionally. There is such a psychological connection between the mind, body and soul. Because of these great benefits, I begin my days, at least 5 times per week, with exercise.


Before I share anything, please note:
*Do not substitute what I'm saying for the advice of your physician. This is what I do personally and is what works for my fitness level. 
Always consult with your doctor before beginning any fitness routine.

Glenda's Fitness Routine:
Recently I enrolled in a 30 day-1 hour high impact aerobics and bootcamp through my city. However, I do not go everyday. Instead, I attend every other day.

On days when I don't attend the boot camp. I alternate with area focused weight training and calisthenics. One day I focus on my upper torso, and on another day the lower torso. Currently the calisthenic of choice is a fitness program called Barre, which is a workout done on a fitness bar and mainly targets the legs and bum.

On the 5th day I stretch, and indulge in a more meditative workout which focuses on my breathing, relaxation and the mind. For this type of workout I thoroughly enjoy Pilates because it not only focuses on breathing, but it also targets the core and legs.

Glenda's Basic Workout Schedule:
 (sometimes changes depending on my day)
Monday: Bootcamp
Tuesday: Weight Training and Calisthenics (Upper Body)
Wednesday: Bootcamp
Thursday: Weight Training and Calisthenics (Lower Body)
Friday: Day off
Saturday: Stretching (1/2 hour to 45 min.)
Sunday: Day off

Here is one of the workouts I do in the comforts of my own home. And it's on Youtube!
Even though I have days off, that may not necessarily be the case. Often times my family will spend the day swimming or cycling at the beach. The only fitness goal I'm trying to reach is to stay healthy. I'm not trying to be a certain size...though I do enjoy the size I am. I'm not trying to be ripped or buff...though I do enjoy being toned. Living a healthy lifestyle is a commitment I made to myself years ago, and I believe it's a great choice to make, especially when life can be so extremely stressful. While some make time for this, that or the other thing, I make sure to fit in my me time - a good workout.

For those who gave such flattering comments on my legz (you know who you are) - {wink}

Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photographs by Fred




27 comments:

  1. Boy, you are dedicated! So good for you to exercise! I do a ton of walking and weights before I go to bed at night. I think the endorphin release helps me sleep.
    What a beautiful dress today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Joni, if I workout before bed, it'll keep me wide awake! And yes, I thoroughly enjoy exercise.

      Delete
  2. You look amazing in white, and that's a great workout routine. I have weird work hours, so I envy you your "normal" schedule. I have been known to begin my workout at 9 at night....yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen do whatever works. Working out in the morning kick starts my day.

      Delete
  3. Your friend is right Glenda: "You gotz legz!" It looks your exercises do you really well, I will have to think of something for me too. I like this post and your reasonable advices. It's a pleasure to visit your blog!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great workout but I must admit to being a bit lazy when it comes to exercising. I have started working out in the pool after work so that I don't get a 'blogger's butt" - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting my day active makes it feel ok to sit at the computer longer. I've been exercising for so long now, it's a part of who I am.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing....I am one of those on and off again type of people. :(
    I need to stay committed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T. I was once told that it takes 28 days to make something into a habit. Give it a try.

      Delete
  6. I run but want to mix it up. I really need to work on my arms and midsection. But, like you said, it's all about the mental and physical peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Daenel, if I didn't work out, I'd be a basket case.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your routine. I am always interested in what others do to stay in shape. I've been using the elliptical more lately.


    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works Sonya. I'm willing to add anything in!

      Delete
  8. Yes ma'am, now we know how you keep those great legs. Thanks for sharing your workout, very motivational!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, dear Glenda, let me say your today's photos are really wonderfull! And in the second one your are wearing such a fantastic dress and hat and you look a very beautiful lady!
    Secondly, yes, you do have great legs !! I think I should follow your workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Dan. I really appreciate your sweet words!

      Delete
  10. I am the type to get bored doing the same routine at the gym so I always love hearing what works for others so that I can mix it up a bit!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that you have to trick your muscles or they won't respond. That's why I mix it up.

      Delete
  11. Great routine, Glenda. Thanks for sharing! And you do indeed have GREAT legs!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx for sharing your routine Glenda. You have killer legs girl! Love both dresses but the maxi one is to die for. Thank you so much for your lovely well wishes Glenda that was so nice of you. I am back now, still on sick leave until the end of week but I am OK.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenya, I never really thought about my legs until I started receiving such nice compliments. I always thought they were short and stubby.

      I'm so glad you are regaining your strength and thankful it wasn't any more serious.

      Delete
  13. "Oh my goodness"..... is what I said when I read your work-out.
    I wish I could do the same. But I hate sport, hate it profoundly. I do a work-out twice a week (an hour every time) and every day I do some sort of stretching, kneeling exercise for 15 minutes (used to be tummy exercises for 9 years but I changed that). And I hate every minute. I do it purely for the health of my body. But you can understand that when you really don't like it, it is a struggle.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My routine is pretty intense, but I've been working out for so many years, that I have to keep increasing and mixing in order to get results.

      I hope that one day you'll view it differently.

      Delete
    2. Well, I am doing it for 10 years now. That different view is slow in arriving... LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda