7.01.2014

Americana

There once was a Chevrolet car commercial with a jingle that said, "Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet." These images were meant to represent the true spirit of Americana. This Friday, July 4th, the U.S.A. will celebrate Independence Day, or what we simply refer to as the 4th of July. Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the United Kingdom. But not only that, the 4th of July will mark my 22 year of marriage. It's funny how Fred and I chose to marry on a day that marks independence.

In celebration of the 4th, I have taken my wardrobe cues from the American flag (Old Glory) - red, white and blue. It has been quite some time since I've worn these modern overalls for you. The last time was in a post called  Overalls and Cognac back on December 18th of last year. Notice how the styling is completely different. Amazing how the change of accessories can over-haul your entire look. The cognac pieces gave the overalls a more cozy and earthy vibe. However today, the look has an easy, weekend in the park feel. Enjoy!

 

My red lipstick represents the RED


Silly how I'm posing as if I'm playing baseball. I can't imagine running in these delicate strappy sandals...and a purse! Across from this baseball diamond was a group of men practicing for a game. They were kind enough to let me use one of their bats as a prop. So we selected one with pops of red to work well with my attire...of course. When we asked for the bat, one jokingly said, "Are you going to whack this guy in the head with it?" (Speaking of my husband) I just smiled and said, "I might. If he gets out of line." 


Since this is my anniversary week, I will not post again until next week. In the meantime - Happy 4th of July to my American followers, and to those who aren't - Have a lovely weekend{wink}

Be sure to read my Event and Book review called the Glitter Guide by the founders of Juicy Couture. Visit the link HERE


Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photographs by Fred

47 comments:

  1. Very cute and patriotic to your country. I love the metallic handbag as well.
    /Madison
    Inspiring Summer Playlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the overalls with the striped tee. You look very cute and casual. Happy 4th of July and Happy Anniversary!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. You look like you're having fun!! Happy 4th of July!! :)

    humblebeauty29.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute outfit. Perfect for the day. Happy Anniversary to you and Fred. Go easy on him, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Connie, I'll go easy on him :) And thank you!

      Delete
  6. Adorable look! Happy 4th and happy anniversary!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th of July! What a fun outfit and photo shoot. Please do a headwrap tutorial soon. I might experiment with headwraps soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shon, I'll have to put that on my list of things to do. Thanks for the suggestion and the well wishes.

      Delete
  8. Batter up! :-) Happy anniversary and happy 4th of July, Glenda, make it a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! You seem very American to me.

      Delete
  9. First of all, best wishes for your anniversary, Glenda! It is an important day, so take your time to celebrate with your husband...and then to your post: very American indeed ! America is a great country and I should plan a journey there...Your casual outfit is very cute!
    p.s.
    I am sure you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dan! I'm excited to see what my husband has planned for us.

      Delete
  10. Glenda you look amazing!! Sporty but very stylish and chic! I have never had a denim overall in my closet and now when I look at you... I probably should! ;)
    Happy Anniversary dear and very happy 4th of July! 22 years.. wow! We had our Anniversary at 29th of July but we celebrate 25 years! :)

    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! It's nice to meet others who stay committed to their marriage :)

      Delete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! You have a cute weekend glam look. Love the head wrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. I'm not sure if I'll wear the wrap with temps expected near 100!

      Delete
  12. Happy anniversay Glenda and happy 4th of July!
    Nice post, you look so American! [wink]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though I am still not a fan of overalls, I admit, it does look good on you. Nice pun with that "if he gets out of line" haha.
    Have a lovely week.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed, Greetje, because frankly, I was a little upset with my husband that day.

      Delete
  14. Sexy, playful, fun! Love the addition of the headscarf! Happy Anniversary, dear Glenda, to you and your beloved man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia. I'm so looking forward to our anniversary day.

      Delete
  15. Another winner, love the headwrap! Congrats and many more years of joy!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your whole outfit. I've been wanting some overalls and I love how you styled yours.

    Sonya
    Saving Everyday With Sonya K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these much better than the traditional overalls. Thanks Sonya!

      Delete
  17. I love this post, from the location, to the overalls, to the head piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Delilah. It was a fun shoot!

      Delete
  18. You are just fabulous, dear Glenda.
    Are you ready for next Monday Share-in-Style: DENIN?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th! I hope your weekend is amazing!

    These are the perfect overalls too!

    xx Cara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Americana vibe going here Glenda. I've already been to the Look Good Feel Better course here. See this post:
    http://www.simplesequins.com/2014/06/fashion-item-friday-31-makeup.html

    We each got a ton of 'non-allergic" stuff, but the lotion and eye-cream we causing hives and swelling. YUP. I am super sensitive. Some of the other stuff is very nice and luxurious: Lancome, Mary Kay and and cool eye brown pencil / brush combo that I adore.

    I feel tons better today because I have the new anti-yeast Rx in me again. Yay, chemo kills off everything. Sure do love that CHEMO CRAP!

    Well at least you had fireworks at your honeymoon, right? Congrats on your anniversary, no matter what day it's on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad you attended. I'm very sensitive with products too. I'll visit your link.
      And yes, we had fireworks ;)

      Delete
  21. Oh my gosh, you look adorable! I love red, white, and blue together but they are not too flattering on me in clothing. The combination reminds me of the 70's which I love of course. Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th!
    I really love this look. It looks very comfortable and very chic. May you can teach me how to wrap a head scarf because i really love it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably make a how - to video soon!

      Delete
  23. Glenda,
    Love the overalls with the stripe tee, I agree the overall look completely different.
    The bat? LOVE it, but please do not whack you hubby on your 22nd!
    Have a wonderful anniversary and fourth!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the comfy chic feel to this look Glenda. You certainly hit it out the park. I hope you had a wonderful 4th hun. It's always a pleasure to stop by your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha. Love your reference to baseball.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda