6.10.2014

Tootsie Love

Hi Friends, 

Since I receive quite a few nice comments regarding my feet, I thought it would be fun to share with you, my Tootsie Love Ritual, that I have been doing since the age of 16. That's right...sixteen! When my mother gave me her approval that I could begin wearing nail polish, I was thrilled to begin a weekly routine that included both a manicure and pedicure. It was my own little time of private solitude...just me, a magazine, a pretty nail color, and all the little necessities to indulge my feet and hands in luxury. Only on rare occasions have I not been able to participate in my weekly ritual, but 99% of the time, I make it a point to pamper myself.


I'll have to admit that I was blessed with slim, petite feet that have a very high arch, thanks to my mother. The high arch makes it oh-so-easy to wear the high sandals which I adore. And when it comes to my feet, I refuse to skimp on quality. Good shoes are a must. I made the mistake of wearing cheap shoes once and I'll never forget the pain I was in. OUCH! In addition, you probably noticed that I wear sandals most of the time, I not only wear them because of the warm Southern California climate, but because I like for my feet to breathe and feel free. So, rarely are they crammed into a pair of pointy shoes.


The Tootsie Love Ritual:
  • Place 2 tsp baking soda into a foot bath with warm water. This helps to remove dry, callused skin;

  • Let the feet relax in the warm bath for 15 minutes while enjoying the latest fashion glossy. Have a nice glass of iced tea handy too;

  • Remove the feet from the bath and towel dry;
  • With a foot scrubber of your choice, (I prefer Revlon) remove the dry skin from the bottom of feet;
  • Next use the Cooling Foot Scrub by Earth Therapeutics to continue exfoliating the bottom and top of feet;
  • Place the feet back into the bath to wash off the remaining foot scrub granules;
  • Dry the feet again, and then smooth on the Foot Repair Balm by Earth Therapeutics;
  • Push back your cuticles, shape your toenails;
  • Now is the time to add your favorite polish!

I hope you enjoyed this little insight into what I do to keep my feet feeling great. If you begin a weekly pampering ritual, I promise, your feet will feel remarkable and refreshed. And, they'll thank you. I know mine do.

Also, I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU to all the lovely people who connect with So What to Twenty! I really appreciate you and the time you take to leave comments. Each comment makes my day and warms my heart. Peace to you{wink}

Stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photos by Freddy and Glenda


27 comments:

  1. I so need to pamper my own feet. I recently acquired one of those foot spas like yours and should be using it. I don't like to get pedicures at businesses because I worry about fungus!
    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a pedicure once at one of those businesses, and you're right, I worried about fungus and couldn't relax either.

      Delete
  2. Great tips Glenda. I think I should give my feet a little bit more attention and make it a regular activity. I like when they look fine and I would never wear sandals if my skin was dry! And a nice color polish can be such a great addition to your outfits, right? Great post.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  3. So much better than paying $25 for a pedicure... love your tips!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips and I do love a good pedicure with a glass of Smirnoff Ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wine of choice is a Coke Classic Neti (lol).

      Delete
  5. I live in the 4 seasons DMV,( dc-maryland-virginia). Well actually 3 1/2 seasons. So as soon as it gets warm the boots, and closed in shoes get tossed to the back of the closet! Your tips are so timely. After a few $25 pedicure it is definitely time for some at home care.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Pam! Your feet will thank you ;)

      Delete
  6. I´m a very lucky person, I´ve never been at a pedicure, can do everything alone at home. Calluses on the feet, I rub off with a stone after bathing, that's all. Some nice nail polish and my feet are ready :)
    Against blisters and bruises and to slip easily in the shoes I give some face powder with a brush in my shoes :)

    hugs
    Dana :)
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pedicure at a spa once, Dana, and I didn't like it. I couldn't relax because I was worried I would get a fungus. This way is much more therapeutic.

      Delete
  7. That is amazing that you have had the same routine since you were sixteen. I want to try soaking my feet in baking soda. I'm sure my kids will both want to try it too. Everytime I paint my toes, they also want me to paint theirs too.

    Sonya
    Saving Everyday With Sonya K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I save lots of money this way Sonya, and it is very relaxing. Give it a try!

      Delete
  8. Hi Glenda Very nice!
    I usually do my own pedicure but also once in a while I go get the spa one.
    I always take my tools and my color & I make sure they clean the tub
    a may be much but its the only way I get my feet done,.
    I rencently purchase this productI believe is call baby foot is suppose to peel offf the dead skin in 3 days & give you baby soft feet. Can wait to see the results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that product sounds wonderful. Let me know the results.

      Delete
  9. Great tips! I can't stand unkept feet & pamper mine too! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been completely ignoring my feet till I was way into my forties. Yes you read that right. Until one day my husband said he thought I should take better care of them. Like Onefromphilly I live in closed shoes and boots for most of the year. I have crammed my feet into pointy high heeled pumps from when I was 22, my toes have suffered and it shows. Which was the reason not to show my toes. So no sandals. From the time my husband complained (my reaction: " huh, can you see that far down?"), I am treating them a lot better. First did it myself at home, now I am going to a professional pedicure. She has her own practice and is also medically skilled. Sterilizes everything. I did have a fungus on two of my nails for the past two years, but I don't know how I got that. Could have happened in more places. Fortunately, that has finally gone now.
    Yes I could still treat them a lot better, but from where I am coming from...
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Greetje, it is good that your husband said something. I know some men who wouldn't say a word. I see so many older people hobbling along from bad feet. It is my hopes that that won't happen to me. I'm glad you're taking care of them now.

      Delete
    2. I was so surprised when he said something about my feet.... Like: "What?? Those things down there? Who cares? Nobody sees them!" Boy, was I wrong.

      Delete
  11. I love to pamper my feet ;-) Great post Glenda.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya! It's very relaxing indeed.

      Delete
  12. My feet get very dry so I like to pamper them too. Like you I have a high arch and slim feet though as I have aged I have developed a wider toe box so now I think I have duck feet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Shawna, you are funny :)

      Delete
  13. Glenda, You do have pretty feet, but I would have been embarrassed to say that until this post! Now I know why !
    You have feel that are perfect for California, sandals. And walking barefoot,
    I am afraid I have feet that are perfect for being squished into pointy pumps!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! Yes, I enjoy pampering my tootsies :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda