6.05.2014

Style Crush: Lucinda Chambers

"Style is the opposite of fashion." 
Lucinda Chambers


I hope you will find this post interesting, as I take a small detour from an outfit post. I have had, in the past, a series on the blog called Style Crush. This is where I featured women, who I feel, have a great sense of style. Unfortunately, because I don't want to be fined for accidentally using images that are protected by copyright laws, I felt the need to take down the previous posts. This makes me sad because I featured some incredible women. Since I don't want to end the series, I thought I would find another alternative to bringing this information forward.

Today, I'm presenting a woman who most would think I wouldn't feature. Her style is unique, unconventional and very quirky. Might I say, the farthest thing from classic. But who says classic has to be boring. On the contrary, I love great classic pieces, but I also love and appreciate individuality. One thing about this reluctant fashion icon, is that her style is far removed from the usual fashion insider who we normally see photographed in the latest fashion trends. Alone she stands with her ability to make quite a statement. Who am I gushing over?...


Styled by Lucinda

Styled by Lucinda by So What to Twenty on Polyvore

Today's Style Crush is the one and only - Lucinda Chambers. Lucinda Chambers is currently the Fashion Director for British Vogue. I first became aware of her while watching the now cancelled video series on Style.com, where they asked persons on the street what they're wearing. The host asked Lucinda what she wore and she proudly stated Marni, and then told us that her earrings were from a gift shop, and that she paid very little for them. I remember thinking, 'I love her look. There's just something about this woman.' After this brief encounter, I became a huge fan of Ms. Chambers. Since I don't have any images to present on Lucinda's eclectic wardrobe, please make a point to search Lucinda Chambers on Google Images and take a look at her diverse, strangely wearable and interesting style of dress. You'll be left with the understanding to why she stated, "Style is the Opposite of Fashion." And now, please enjoy a video of Lucinda being interviewed by SHOWstudio. Enjoy!


Stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

25 comments:

  1. Great post Glenda, thx for introducing her. Video has to wait till later. Glenda I think you can pull off a boyfriend very well from all what I see at the pic.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I wear them, I get them a size to large so that they're very slouchy.

      Delete
    2. I'm in boyfriends in the above picture.

      Delete
  2. True definition of fashion is art. She is a true icon and i just love her persona. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name rang a bell but I didn't really know much about her, thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE her, always have, so glad you featured her!

    xx Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool. I'm glad you know of Ms. Chambers.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know her, now I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last 2 minutes of this interview are BRILLIANT. That's the true genius - free dreamer who loves everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Natalia, your spirit reminds me of Ms. Chambers. A free bird that loves to explore.

      Delete
    2. That really warms my heart, Glenda! Thank you :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely lady. So warm, modest, creative and nice. I saw the whole interview (loved het tunic dress by the way). Thanks Glenda, for this post.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Greetje. I was confident that the readers would appreciate her integrity. She isn't like the typical glamazon.

      Delete
  8. She is a very interesting woman and I first heard of her through your blog, Glenda. I only have access to American Vogue and I would really like to see some copies of British Vogue some day. I like what she says about not feeling sure that she has a particular style. She probably does in one sense, but I like the openness and the interest in everything. I like her artistic approach to it all and how she enjoys what she creates and does it for her own pleasure.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her style is definitely her own. She is very eclectic and somewhat of a.sophisticated magpie. It's really cool and unique.

      Delete
  9. So glad to read about her. I'll be exploring images on pinterest. She is unique but tasteful. Thank you Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy her images, Joni. Her style is very artsy and unique.

      Delete
  10. She is fantastic and it was nice read about her! What a great idea to feature spectacular women!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda,
    Thank you for sharing this person with me, she is quite talented and authentic. I could not hear the video, but I did some googling, and loved what I saw. She is truly gifted and does personify eclectic style. I loved this quote of heres regarding British Vogue " The opposite of fascist fashion....It's not there to inform but to challenge and to inspire".
    I loved seeing the many outfits she created !
    This woman has verve, insight, true style and direction..
    reminds me of someone I know, passionate about style, a devotee of eclectic style herself.
    First name starts with a G.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking she reminds me of a person who's name begins with E. I'm an admirer of eclectic style, but you my friend, have mastered it!

      Delete
  12. I didn't know her. She has an intelligent point of view on fashion...I would like to know more about her....( I should google ) and I think I will buy the next issue of Vogue UK ... unconventional fashion...I am curious about the topic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda