6.02.2014

May: In a Nutshell

Me and my hubby/photographer after the FUN photo shoot.

I have reached the time in the year when my family schedule goes crazy. Oh yes, the end of the school year. As I look over the family calendar, there is barely a day that doesn't have some sort of activity written in. Will you forgive me for the next few weeks, but, my schedule may not permit for a consistency in posting outfits to the blog. I will do my very best, so please stay with me until we get back to our regular scheduled programming (smile).

In the meantime, since I have many new followers...THANK YOU, I thought it would be fun to recap the outfits for May. May was an interesting month for my wardrobe. I took trips to the ultra classic with the pencil skirt, to the bold and daring by wearing a double side slit dress that showed lots of leg. Then I ventured into my bohemian side with a kaftan, off-the- shoulder peasant blouse, and then a quirky, world traveler with a fun top-knot scarf on my head. It was a fun month that showcased an eclectic, variety of styles. If you missed any looks, please, click the links and have fun visiting. I had a great time sharing my looks with you. Can you guess which look was number one? I'll tell you at the end. Enjoy!

Pencil Me In

Gladiator

Brush Strokes

Kaftan'd

Summer Breeze

I Am Glenda
 
Sarong'd

Fun!

Daring

Being Mom
Which was your favorite look or looks? According to the public, the favorite outfit was...drum roll...

BRUSH STROKES!!
2nd Place: I Am Glenda
3rd Place: Pencil Me In
4th Place: Daring

Stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photos by Freddy

24 comments:

  1. Great summary, Glenda. Good to see again your May outfits. Hugs :)
    fashionfascinate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great looks for you in May, have a wonderful week and HELLO JUNE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hello June. Even though it feels like June most of the time in California.

      Delete
  3. Great looks in May! Family summer fun sounds so awesome... Have fun enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. This was a very pretty month for you. That photo of you with your "photographer" in the background really made me laugh. What do your boys think of your celebrity fashion status? I'll bet they're so proud. Thank you for the thoughtful comment on my last post. It is interesting to note how many of my foreign followers are horrified at our messed up gun laws. Yep. I'm with them. Messed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Connie, I hardly see myself as a celebrity, but thank you. You're very sweet!

      Delete
  5. Those were indeed great looks but I also loved Being Mom and Summer Breeze. You always look great and confident in your outfits.
    June is a crazy month for many people. I know it was for me when I was teaching and had a child in school as well. Just put yourself and your family first!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sandals in the first photo and the maxi wow! :)

    dressed2dnines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love these Michael Kors sandals. I'm glad you like them too!

      Delete
  7. My daughter is now 24 and student, so I don´t need to spend that much time with her. If she needs me, she know where she can find me and I´m ready day and night! ;)
    I love all your May outfits, every single of it has some specials and so I can´t say which I love most. :)
    Don´t worry I will stay with you through the summer as your new follower.
    English is not my language so I try to translate all your posts and try to answer as good as I can. I hope you understand my bad englisch! :)

    have a wonderful and sunny day
    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your English is quite good, Dana. I understand your every word. I'm glad you like the looks!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the recap, great outfits! The first one is still my favorite :-) And aaah yes, June, the end of the school year. There was a time when I still had a reason to get all excited (or as you call it crazy :-)) over that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a busy time of year. Thank you Melissa!

      Delete
  9. Great recap Glenda. My favs are #1 pencil me in #2 daring. Don't you worry Glenda, have fun with your family and enjoy even the hectic time.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya. I was able to take some pic this morning, so I'm hoping to get them up this week.

      Delete
  10. Glenda, I am glad you did this recap. Although I do plan on going back to see what I missed. I moved so I also have not been on my normal schedule ? I am loving.. Drum roll .. I am Glenda, for reasons that should be clear, after all of this time. You have extraordinary style sense and the guts to change it up from time to time. I do so admire you !
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I really enjoyed my choices this month.

      Delete
  11. I nearly like everything you wear. Which is a lot as you cannot please everybody all of the time. But so far you are doing a pretty good job. Great that you get more followers as well. I am stuck at the same level. Oh well.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully Greetje, I really enjoyed my looks for May. I did more experimenting. Thank you so much. I'm glad you like them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda