6.14.2014

International

With the birth of the internet, it has certainly made us closer to our sisters and brothers from all over the world. I think about the lovely women who interact with So What to Twenty from Brazil, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Canada, just to name a few. It is thrilling to form relationships with so many unique individuals. And though our land is different, we come together with a common interest - The meeting ground of FASHION.

Before our lives were connected with the world wide web, I use to think that life was so strange and different in other countries. I couldn't imagine what life would be like for other women. Is it possible that we could have the same insecurities, desires, and dreams? I soon discovered that, Yes, we most certainly do...
  • We want our children to advance farther than we have; 
  • We have passions that we want to pursue; 
  • We have the same concerns in our personal relationships; 
  • We hope for safety for our loved ones, and last but now least, 
  • We want to look and feel our personal best.
Though these are just a glimmer of our dreams and hopes (there are far too many to list), it is comforting to know that we unite in so many common areas of interest. It makes life so much more easier to navigate when you have a sister or friend (near or far) that you can call upon. In celebration of our massive backyard, today's look comes from the other side of the world from America - China. The entire look has somewhat of an international traveler feel with a touch of magpie. Enjoy!

Today's Look - Linen Dress: Style by Shez (available on eBay. Also many linen styles on Etsy. Just search for linen dress and you'll be surprised), Sandals by Nine West (old), Wristlet: Loft (old but similar HERE), Tufted Pendant Necklace: Anthropologie (old but similar style HERE), Polish is Foxy by Revlon.



I love the faux pocket on the dress.

This is a full dress that I can stand behind. The hi/lo baby doll effect makes it more grown-up. And who doesn't love a dress with pockets. (Tweet this) When wearing a full dress, be careful. If not styled properly, it can easy slip over into Frumpville - a place that must be avoided. Here's a few helpful suggestions when styling a roomy dress:
  • A delicate sandal makes it less weighty;
  • It is a big dress so own it, 
  • Add accessories that have personality and youthfulness

In honor of our big, beautiful, intertwined world, I offer you a friendly so-long in a variety of languages. I know I'll leave out many, but I think you'll get my idea:
dag, 
zai jian, 
au revoir, 
auf Wiedersehen, 
shalom, 
Näkemiin
arrivederci, 
ja ne, 
adios, and
bye for now{wink} 
 
I would love to have you stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Link Ups:
Visible Monday
WhitneyNicJames

Photos by Freddy

47 comments:

  1. Hey Glenda, I LOVE this dress. You may have convinced me to give a maxi a try. I think it might be length of yours...definitely above the ankle. Most maxis I see are floor grazing, and I think no, not for me. Of course, I also love the blue and orange. Your necklace is fabulous! And that faux pocket is a great little design feature.

    No surprise that you've met Ernie too. And he is the most personable man. We said hello at the CD signing, and he is very warm and genuine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can create this dress in a snap. I love it too. It is super comfy and can be styled in many different ways. I love pieces that are versatile. I have some maxi's that hit the floor, but I do believe I like this length much better.
      And yes, Ernie was super nice to the kids and was excited to meet budding musicians. That is one thing I love about jazz artists...they are very approachable to their fans.

      Delete
  2. Love everything about this outfit..the length, the pockets, the blue, the necklace and the shoes...great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! A dresses with pockets are perfect....I love what you wrote here awesome! Shalom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun dress! And I'd like to add something to your list: "Näkemiin" (=I'll be seeing you later, In Finnish) and "Hyvää yötä" (= Good Night)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. I'll add your language to the list!

      Delete
  5. Love this dress and the ways you've accessorized it. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a perfect travel dress: comfortable and stylish. Loved your tips about "owning" a dress like this to avoid the frump factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is a perfect travel dress. I just love it!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous dress..love it! Maximal comfortable! The necklace is awesome.. great peace to pimp um the outfit! :)
    Nice post dear Glenda, I also thought women in other countries had a completely other way of living, but we are not that different we might think :)

    have a wonderful day
    und auf Wiedersehen
    Dana :)
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! I enjoy the movement of this dress. It seems that whatever I wear this quirky necklace with, it gives it more energy. It's very fun!
      I love how women all over the world have this great connection.

      Delete
    2. I´ve forgotten something very important!!
      Your sandals are AWESOME!! The color is great and they look gorgeous!! <3

      have a nice day dear :)
      Dana

      Delete
  8. This dress is stunning, looks so cool and comfortable, the perfect summer dress. The necklace adds the perfect touch.How right you are, women the world over have so many core beliefs in common .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Jill, this dress is ultra comfy. I feel great in it too.
      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  9. You look majestuc in this dress. In a good way: elegant, grown-up, chic, casual... iow.. Lovely. Very well styled. Note to self: must get a maxi dress.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje! With your model figure, you would look stunning in a maxi. I can't wait to see your post with you wearing one!

      Delete
  10. Great post Glenda, love how you've styled this dress, you own it girlfriend!!! Well put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elsie! I really enjoy wearing this dress. It's so comfortable.

      Delete
  11. Isn't the world wide web amazing? :-) And isn't your outfit amazing? You're looking fab, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look, Glenda! The dress is so pretty. Great styling.

    And, yeah, social media is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Glenda and the dress is just beautiful. I love pockets and am always disappointed when there are none. You look beautiful girl!
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my new favorite silhouette! I love the look of a long skirt just reaching to where the (fabulous, of course) heels start.

    I'd love it if you could check out my blog as well! xx http://afashionneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great length. I don't feel as if I'm going to trip on my hem. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  15. Such a comfy dress and in temps like these, you are guaranteed to get a nice breeze coming from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't wear this dress during one of our overly hot days. The dress is pretty full with all the fabric. Thanks Antionette!

      Delete
  16. You look comfy and chic in this dress and the pockets are such a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummmmm this dress needs to magically travel across LA and into my closet, such a perfect silhouette! As always I love your inspiration in your words too, you are one smart woman!

    xx Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Cara. The dress is still available on eBay, and it was very inexpensive.

      Delete
  18. Lovely Outfit <3

    It Looks soo nice and the Details are amazing :)

    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great post Glenda.The internet definitely makes the world a lot smaller. I love the connections I have made with amazing people from all over the world. I love your outfit. The silhouette and color of the dress looks fabulous with those red shoes.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LV!
      ps. the little sandals are a deep orange color :)

      Delete
  20. So right! Blogging has been a life-changing experience for me too. I count you as one of the best, and one of my home-state connections. Gotta have that!
    That's a wonderful dress, and especially on you. Thank you for showing us your ever-thoughtful styling. Along with the bright and festive quality to your accessories, they each have a spare, succinct quality that's really attractive. They work just like you wanted them to, I'm sure. Very cool. As always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I love reading your comments and your blog because I always learn a new way of saying something. I LOVE your vocabulary! And yes, the accessories worked just like I hoped :)

      Delete
  21. Yes must avoid Frumpland, such a cute look. Love the necklace too!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you, Glenda! you couldn't leave the skirt in the shop! It was waiting for you...and if a skirt has such an effect on a woman...then it is really her skirt!!
    p.s.
    It suits you wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda