6.25.2014

a VERY Little White Dress

We all have those pieces in our wardrobe that require VERY little to zero thought. We just throw them on and go. And, because of their simplicity, it takes VERY little to dress them up. Simple accessories and we're good to go. Life sometimes beckons these stand alone wardrobe options. My mind has been elsewhere lately, and not so much on my closet. I feel blah and in desperate need of an aromatherapy laced massage from my favorite spa. When I find myself in this state, I am thankful for the clothing that takes the guess work out of dressing, so that I can focus my energy on other things.

For today, I'm wearing a VERY little white dress that I purchased last year from H&M. The dress is somewhat short. Remember, I am only 5'2" and still, the hem is about 3 inches above my knee. I can't imagine where the hem would hit on a taller girl. One of the pros of being petite is that we can often get away with wearing lengths that taller women avoid. Even with its short length, I find the dress comfortable and easy to wear.

Today's Look - Dress: H&M (option), Sandals: Calvin Klein via Nordstrom Rack, Clutch is custom made, Silver Hammered Cuff from J.Jill (option), Cat-Eye Sunnies from the Getty Museum gift shop (options).
 


Until I can make it to the spa, I'll have to indulge in my favorite body cream that's scented with the essence of wild mint, spearmint, orange and rosemary. The product is by Origins and it's the Smoothing Souffle (seen below). This isn't a paid endorsement. I just want to share with you what I do when I need a mood adjustment. I even slather on the souffle just before I work-out to give me an extra boost of energy. Isn't it amazing how scents can alter our mood?


Until next time, my friends - I hope you're having a stress free week. If not, I hope you're making the needed adjustments to take some of the angst out of your days, including reaching for the items in your closet that require VERY little attention{wink}

I have made it easy for you to share the images from this blog onto Pinterest. Simply hover over the images with your mouse and the Pinterest widget will appear. Thanks for sharing!


Click & join me on the journey to discovering true style on these networks:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Photographs by Freddy
Link Up: Whitney Nic James

42 comments:

  1. Your short white dress is just perfect and doesn't need accessories, so it's what you need in those days in which aren't in the mood for fashion...white suits you and is among my favourite colours in summer...very beautiful , plain, silver bracelet too...
    A visit to a spa? Ehat a great idea!!
    p.s.
    I am one of those tall women who always find the dress are a bit too short! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love white too Dan, and all year round. Not just for warm months. Hopefully the spa is in my future :)

      Delete
  2. I love simple go to pieces too Glenda- you look great!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture on this dress! Definitely would be a tunic on me:( darn being 5'9".

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Cara, at 5'9, definitely a tunic on you.

      Delete
  4. So glam! You are so right. I love the dressiness of your silver and white sandals. An ankle strap adds polish to the simplest shoe, I think. As always, you gotz legz and the cutest toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you made me laugh with this comment. Thanks for noticing my stubby, little legs. I enjoy this dress for its simplistic charm.

      Delete
  5. Indeed a cute and elegant dress, perfectly styled with the silver. Not too short at all.
    When I am feeling like you describe, I also feel so guilty for feeling that way, knowing I am a lucky woman with lots to be thankful for. A very double feeling.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of wisdom, Greetje :)

      Delete
  6. I am with Jan you look totally glamorous Glenda and of course Glenda_ish. Love the dress, it's so elegant and chic.
    Oh about my hats ;-) I love hats Glenda, always have. I have built quite a hugs collection over the years and still can't get enough of them :)
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya. Hats are fun so I can't say I blame you ;)

      Delete
  7. You look so fresh and so adorable in your little white dress! You have LEGS girl, you should show them off! Where are your sandals from? I absolutely love them and the entire outfit on you!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks Monica. I think my legs are so short! The sandals are Calvin Klein and I got them from Nordstrom Rack. I tried to find them online, but no success. I'm glad you like the outfit. The dress is super comfy.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog Glenda, and what a nice compliment!! You look wonderful in this white dress. So flattering. I don't look good in so many dress shapes because my shoulders are so small they don't hang well. I tell my kids it's like trying to put adult clothing onto a child size hanger. So frustrating!! But we learn tricks here and there....;)
    I love that same scent and forgot about how much I loved that brand until you posted a photo of it. They have wonderful scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here regarding Origins. I wore the scent for many years, and then for some strange reason I stopped wearing it. Recently I wandered into one of their brick and mortar stores and fell in love with it all over again. Their scents are delicious!

      Delete
  9. I am not a mall shopper but may need to check out H&M because my closet needs a LWD. Lovely easy breezy look and the silver accents are perfect. Have a Stress free Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda,
    LOVE the white dress, it is , as you hint at, simply perfect. Thank heavens for chic staples like these when the stressmeter hovers between "High", and "Fetch Me a Cocktail Quick!" I have been having a week like that..
    What ever it is that is causing you discomfort, I hope it works itself out quickly, and leaves no tracks.
    Back to the outfit, the dress is a great shape and length on you, you wear it perfectly. The shoes are stunning, too.
    xx, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle. It is quite short so I have to be careful if I drop something. Bending over might get me arrested for indecent exposure.

      Delete
  11. I like the structure of this dress and the texture not to mention that is in beloved white. You look lovely. I hope the 'blah' aura that is hovering dissipates soon for you.


    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fresh & stylish! The product junkie in me is very curious about the Origins body souffle. I will have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Delilah! You'll love the souffle!

      Delete
  13. Very beautiful dress dear!! I love those sandals too!!!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just perfect look, Glenda! Little white dress is something that every woman should have in her wardrobe. One of the best choices for a hot sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you Sonya. It is sooo comfy. I just love wearing it!

      Delete
  16. That is such a cute little white dress! It's perfect in all its simplicity. It doesn't need any extras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. With it being such a simple little dress, I think overly done accessories would just weigh it down.

      Delete
  17. The dress is so simple but the texture makes it looking very original. You look great and the length is just about right for your fantastic legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty and fresh for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a Great dress on you and the texture makes it a keeper. You wear it well my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neti. It is one of my favorite go to pieces.

      Delete
  20. That's a lovely dress; I can understand why you like it! It looks stunning on you with the white against your rich chocolate skin. I laughed when I read your thoughts about how would a tall women deal with such a short dress. That is one of the more frustrating things I find about summer dresses. Unless they are a maxi dress, these cute little sundresses are usually a bit too short for me. I can wear them as tunics and sometimes I do that if the style suits it. I might pair it with leggings, denim cut offs, a short but slightly longer skirt or even my jeans. That strategy wouldn't work with the dress you are wearing though, so I just have to envy you for looking so fantastic in it!
    ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute dress. White is absolutely beautiful on you.

    I have issues with dress/skirt lengths. I'm not tall, only 5'5" but I have long legs. Everything looks like a mini on me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of having long legs as a hem issue. I have very short legs.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda