5.25.2014

FUN!

This Memorial Day weekend, was by far, one of the funnest weekends I've had in a long time. If you believe in blessings, as I do, then you could say, without any reservations, that my family was blessed!

About a month ago, my husband called me from work with that special tone in his voice. The tone that tells me, before he even utters a word, that he has great news to share. And great news he had indeed. He informed me that our family will be receiving free entrance into the Magic Kingdom; also known as Disneyland and the California Adventure on May 24th. If you are current with the news related to Disney, you will know that they are very expensive, and for a family of four to spend the day in both parks, well, you're looking to spend close to $1,000 for a single day visit - if not more! So you can understand why receiving this news was shocking. To add additional spice to our weekend, the hubby had entered a contest and won free passes to attend a smooth jazz & food festival on Sunday, May 25th! Can you believe that?...All in one weekend!! I do believe that the heavens smiled on us.

Since I'm basking in the after-glow from continuous fun, I thought it would be befitting to wear an outfit that fit the bill...it's FUN!

Today's Look: Corseted Baby-doll Top: Anthropologie (one of my favorite pieces that I have worn on many other fun occasions), Distressed Skinny Jeans (petite) - Old Navy, Scarf (purchased from a vintage shop), Sneakers: Sperry Top Sider (also HERE), Aviators: Loft, Ring from Anthropologie (no longer available), Polish is Devil's Advocate by essie







After enjoying all the activities, I feel like a happy, little child again! I want to sing silly songs...I want to run and skip and do somersaults in the grass! Well, maybe just the skipping, since I'm afraid my top may fall down. And that wouldn't be any fun{wink}

Stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Link Up:
WhitneyNicJames

Photos by Freddy

42 comments:

  1. Soooo happy for you all! You look adorable, Glenda - glad to see you happy as a child! Love the top and that amazing ring! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Both are two of my favorites when I want to feel fun and adventurous.

      Delete
  2. Your happiness is contagious! You look perfect for this fun filled adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what great news! Good for you all..enjoy. :-) XO!

    P.S. Love the outfit!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney. I'll see you at the link-up!

      Delete
  4. Haha, I was just thinking that: "I hope that top doesn't fall down... she would be so embarrassed".
    Great top and so well combined with the distressed jeans and sneakers. Classy with casual, always a very good combination.
    Wonderful prizes your husband received and I am glad you enjoyed it so much.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje. It was indeed great fun! I'm now nursing a splitting headache from fun overload :/

      Delete
  5. You are not only fun, but FABULOUS and full of inspiration, dear Glenda.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your outfit is so cute and I love how the rings look with that cute top! Somersaults might be dangerous but at least you could dance and wave your arms up in the air and not have the top fall down!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shawna, it was a wonderful weekend. Now I feel sad that it's over. And yes, I decided to just wave my arms and skip around. Less risky :)

      Delete
  7. That is so cool, it's always nice to win something! I'm glad you had such a great weekend, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super cool Melissa, and thank you!

      Delete
  8. What a very fun weekend.

    That outfit is too cute. I want to try strapless, but I think I'm too busty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm busty too Daenel. But I have a really good strapless and the top is corseted, so, it gave more support.

      And yes, the weekend was fantastic!

      Delete
  9. Very nice and funny pictures! Enjoyed this post very much!! :)

    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana. I had fun on this photo shoot.

      Delete
  10. Love the pictures looks like fun! LOL at the somersaults :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun Cookie. I'm sad it's over.

      Delete
  11. Your top is so cute. I love the whole look. I need to watch a Youtube video on how to tie the headwrap like yours.

    Sonya
    Saving Everyday With Sonya K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe I'll make one :)
      I'm glad you like this look. It's one of my faves.

      Delete
  12. This sounds like so much fun! The price is exactly why we keep putting Disneyland off. Love your ring and top!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say, Cara - we would not have gone if we weren't given free entrance. We've got a son on his way to college next year and that is way more important.

      Delete
  13. Wow that's great news....yes it's getting to be so expensive to get in the happiest place on earth! And how cute is this top .....love the colorful embroidery!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I think Disney needs to come up with a different catch phrase.

      I'm glad you like the top. It is one of my faves.

      Delete
  14. Sounds like your weekend was a BLAST!!! I also feel like skipping when I get to have a fun weekend with a bunch of freebies. :-)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that you had a wonderful holiday weekend and it was a great outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just the cutest! This blog post makes me happy and want to jump around with you! Sounds like your weekend was a great time!
    xo,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica! It was a fantastic time!!

      Delete
  17. Glenda,
    I love this playful and joyful look, and it's boho vibe! That embroidered top is fabulous, it is a favorite of mine. I love the addition of the wispy headscarf , it adds a " world traveler" look .
    This outfit really works and I can see how comfortable you are, even risking a possible wardrobe malfunction!
    I ,am so glad that you are going on a perfect weekend : Disney and Jazz sounds great!
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, you picked up on the vibe I was going for...somewhat of a wanderlust theme. It was an insanely good time!

      Delete
  18. Wow, how cool is that? That is really nice. Good for you guys. Oh yeah fun weekend indeed. Now that top is a beauty on its own and perfectly styled. You look great!!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fantastic, as usual, and I love your sense of humour and great talent to tell stories. I'm happy with all your family and that you in particular had great time.
    Greetings, Glenda!
    fashionfascinate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was a wonderful time!

      Delete
  20. Glenda you look stunning! Absolutely stunning! What a blast you've had. I would have been over the moon about all this. The heaven certainly did smile on you big way ;-) I am so happy you and your family had such a wonderful time.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Lenya, it was such a wonderful time. I was sad when it all came to an end. Thank you!

      Delete
  21. Great ring and fun look! Glad to discover your blog! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda