3.04.2014

Silver Linings

Our beautiful, blue Southern California skies have been covered with ominous gray clouds for the past few days. The clouds have unleashed down-pours on us that have been treacherous. And though Californians usually complain about this type of weather, we most certainly do need it.

While driving my youngest son from school, I felt it necessary to join the group of natives who view rain as some sort of punishment that we do not deserve. "Oh, I wish it would stop raining," I stated. My son, who is an eternal optimist said, "Mommy, you're looking at it all wrong. Just think of all the flowers and trees that are getting a good drink of water. You like flowers. They're going to be nice in the spring." Then he went on to say, "If we were going on a airplane right now, the plane would fly way above the clouds, and then on top of the clouds it's sunshine."

Today's look is an ode to my son's spirited pep talk. Though the skies are again ready to rain upon us, I have decided to look for the silver lining. Instead of thinking how horrible the weather has been, I have decided to look beyond the clouds and rain and into the future of what the beauty of spring time will bring. Pay close attention to the article of clothing that is viewed as my little nod to the silver lining (smile)

 
Today's look: Top by BCBG Max Azria (purchased years ago), Petite Skinny Sweetheart Jeans: Old Navy, Scarf from Zara (last summer), Sam Edelman Jerome Silver Oxfords: Found Here








Much can be said about my son's thoughts on rain and cloud coverage that speaks directly to how one could deal with life...When the storms of life are raging, it is always good to look for a silver lining{wink}

Go on to the next posts. I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Photographs by Freddy

28 comments:

  1. I love an optimistic view! I love the rain as well. We definitely need more of it. Love your silver lining shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you My. Sometimes it takes a sweet child to open our eyes :)

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree right am going threw a most difficult time in my life .I never thought I be going what am going threw nut we have take the good and the bad in life.Its what you do we the good stuff so as you beautiful young child said in his innocence mind.(That why I love children) that we all take for granted I keep reminding myself.Look a the bighter side of life and for me that means HOPE .Hold on becauce ths too shall pass and it be so much better and worthy when were in rhe other side of that rainbow. Blessings to you!Luv the shoes one of my fab. Color. I love your outfit.. very kool chic you are.! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Know that you're simply passing through and this to shall pass.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the typo is this auto correct when I think is good I look back and its not Too funny anyway I hope u get the message of I was saying if need be I can clarify.I also thought if worth mentioning that am grateful for you and you writing this blog.I know that its here for so much more then just clothes.
    I believe when people think alike they always a way to bring them together whether is fashion or other things in common. THANK YOU GLENDA from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for acknowledging that Yes, it is more than just about clothes :)

      Delete
  4. I like your son Glenda, he's right and I love his view of life!! Yeah heard about the heavy rain in LA in the news, pretty heavy this time. Now to your outfit, those silver shoes are AWESOME!!!! This is just so Glenda_ish again girl, you pull off everything so great and make it YOU, hope that does make sense. Anyway gorgeous as always.

    PS that saving to my desktop works ;-)

    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I produced a smart little guy :) I'm glad you like the shoes. It was love at first sight :)

      Delete
    2. lol thx for making me smile ;-) yep you did a good job ;-) See the saving to desktop thingy works ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your blouse is adorable, and the shoes are so much fun! Rain is good, and so is sunshine. It's all good. He's right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he is right. I'm glad you like the top and shoes :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful outfit Glenda. I love the scarf and of course the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his positive outlook. :-) There is always a sliver lining - I agree. Love your outfit here and those shoes are on point!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek, those skies really do look ominous... Here it's been cold but sunny lately, just the way I like it! And talking about what I like, I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the sunny but brisk days too. Yep, these shoes are my new best friend ;)

      Delete
  9. You know what they say (or "they".. wasn't it Buddah?): it is not the event itself but the way you react upon it.
    Your son is absolutely right.
    And I ADORE your shoes!!
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quote is so true. For now on, I will view the rain differently :)

      Delete
  10. Your son is one bright young man, I love his positive outlook on life, so beautiful!! And your shoes are to die for, I WANT a pair right now!!! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very proud of my little son :)

      Delete
  11. Yes, to silver oxfords... love! Not to mention the way you tied that scarf, completely and utterly fabulous! Your son sounds like one smart little man, just like his momma!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara! Yes, he surprises me with his innocent wisdom. I'm diggin' my new shoes :)

      Delete
  12. I have a weakness for wingtips. Yours are awesome. We needed the rain in California. I played hooky from work to avoid the down pour. It was nice to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally felt the shoes calling me in from outside the store. I could hear them saying, "Glenda, come buy me." :)

      Delete
  13. Out of the mouths of babe.
    The shoes are definitely are a conversation piece. This is the style of shoe you was talking to me about where you dress simple and the shoes do all the talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my outfit is relatively simple...and then there are the shoes :)

      Delete
  14. I love rain. Which is a good thing as I live on Vancouver Island. There are definitely times when I wish I could move to northern California or southern Oregon. I love your son's attitude about rain being a drink for the flowers. I'm an optimist too. Sometimes we optimists make our own sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda