3.16.2014

Perfectly Curated

When it comes to my personal style aesthetic, I usually take the no nonsense approach to fashion, and then I'll add a little something special to make the look completely mine.  Not to say that I don't ever step out from my norm and buy something completely unique. Because I will. But when this happens, it must take my breath away. Though my wardrobe is mostly centered around the classics, I do like to add personality to my wardrobe by adding subtle touches of uniqueness - commonly known as quirk. If you have been following me for some time, you would have seen me make mention of this before. By constructing such a wardrobe, it makes for a perfectly curated closet that works well with my life and my personality.

Today's post is a perfect example of how I generally pull a look together. You'll see that the items I'm wearing are as classic as baseball and apple pie. However, so that I don't feel too basic or boring, I have made the decision to purchase classic loafers that have an added surprise. In addition, I selected my Mickey Mouse watch and fun silver rings for an added wink.

Be sure to read the end of this post where you'll find a list of my Spring Time Wardrobe Essentials, which is a list of items that I insist on having in my closet to have a perfectly curated, very pulled together, no nonsense spring season. Enjoy! 

Today's look: Wide Leg Trousers-Jones New York, Top-Loft, Trench-H&M, Weejuns-GH Bass, Aviators-Loft


Studded Weejuns add a bit of edge and/or whimsy to a very classic look




As promised, here is a list of my Top 10 Wardrobe Essentials for Spring. As you'll notice, I'm wearing numbers 1 - 5 in today's look.
  1. Striped top
  2. Wide-legged trousers in a lightweight wool or linen
  3. Spectator loafers (my pair have a bit of added interest with studded details)
  4. A lightweight full-length coat
  5. Aviator sunglasses
  6. A pair of slides (I just purchased a great pair by Nine West seen HERE)
  7. Slim cut pants with a fun or floral pattern (seen HERE on the Tory Burch SS '14 runway)
  8. A pretty, breezy dress (seen HERE on the Tracy Reese SS ' 14 runway)
  9. A great billowy white top
  10. A pair of metallic shoes (Did you see my pair HERE)
Have you begun to work on your spring wardrobes? If so, what items are you adding? Do tell, I would love to know{wink}

Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / twitter / Instagram

Link Up:
Photographs by Freddy

40 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't believe this Glenda! I already watch your blog like a hawk, and now you're answering my questions before I've even published them. {When you read my forthcoming post, you'll know what I mean.} The list! The list looks amazing...just as you do in these wide legged pants. I love these pants, but haven't been able to imagine wearing them. You have the perfect silhouette here! Fantastic! Are the pants pleated or flat front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a wide pleat and they are high-waist. This gives the illusion of a smaller waistline. The fabric is wool crepe and they are lined.

      Delete
    2. Sue, I use to be afraid of wide-legged trousers too. However, if you pair them with a close to the body top, you'll be fine. Also, the hem is very important. With these pants, I had them hemmed so that they work with heels and flats. Therefore, they are quite long and lightly graze the ground when I wear flats.

      Delete
  2. You spoke directly to my heart with number one... stripes, stripes, stripes:). Loving these trousers with the flats!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, you look amazing! Very fresh and elegant outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Glenda. Love the trench with the pants and top. You are right the shoe adds just the right twist. I agree with you completely on the classics in the closet list. Great post!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, I'm glad you like the list and the post!

      Delete
  5. With classic items never go wrong! And adding a personal touch to them is also my idea od fashion...your light colour coat is perfect for the season and it is very versatile!
    I agree with many of your10 essentials and I also like slim cut pants...This year I am in love with coral red and some shades of pink!, and I find they work well with neutral tones...
    p.s.
    I have recently missed some of your posts...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the list Dan, and I've missed you! Welcome back :)

      Delete
  6. You look chic, classy, elegant, you look again Glenda_ish ;-)

    Thx Glenda, the problem is driving me nuts. There are so many complains at Google forum from all over the world, but all we get is the very same answer, like a copy and paste thing, though. I doubt that they will do anything at all. Some of the bloggers are dealing with the probs more than a week by now, no dashboard, no reading list, no GFC, no Google+, some can't even access their dashboard, can't post, it's a real mess.
    Thx for your understanding Glenda.

    BTW how was Friday nite out?
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday was amazing!!!! Prior to the concert, I got enough nerves to email Wynton Marsalis' PR rep and asked if we could come back stage to meet him. I told her my son is a HUGE big band fan and a budding musician. Would you believe they said yes. We got to meet him!! He talked with us and my son for a long time and gave him some awesome advice. I'll post some pix sometime this week. Are you on Instagram?

      Delete
  7. Great list - I'm looking for a pair of metallic shoes. I loved yours and how you styled them! This current look is great as well. The shoes are my fave and the trench, great addition!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney. I'm glad you like the look. You should be able to find metallic easily. I've seen many options.

      Delete
  8. I am all about wide pants these days and you wear these so well. You have the most beautiful classically American style. I was thinking that before I even read your post and there you said it! You know yourself so well. I think that's key to a perfect look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Connie, the key to a style is knowing ones self. I totally agree. I'm glad you like this look :)

      Delete
  9. Yes!!!! Love it. I love your style because you certainly own it!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha! What a wonderful thing to say :)

      Delete
  10. I love this look, Glenda! You look amazing! I have to tell you that this is an outfit that will definitely be in my closet this Spring, if it ever arrives! I'm a huge fan of wide-leg trousers and love your loafers! So cute! The trench is chic and your aviators add a cool vibe to the whole ensemble! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I'm glad you like the outfit. I had a great time putting this one together.

      Delete
  11. wow, you look awesome, if you had on a fedora I would have sworn I was watching a re-inactment of "Casablanca" - love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you say that...Yes! I'm glad you like the look :)

      Delete
  12. I've always appreciated classic pieces, even in my 20s, but now in my 40s I'm finding that they are a great foundation for daily looks. Love your list of essentials for spring. I want a pair of Aviator sunglasses. Now if only the weather would cooperate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the list Debra. Like you, I have always appreciated the classics. I find I even wear sunglasses on cloudy days :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting my blog. You totally made my day with your kind words. I'm so glad I found your blog through a comment you made on another blog. Have a great rest of the day!

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful combination. I especially like the trench. I saw that it was H&M, but when you wear it, it looks so expensive. All items, including your lovely shoes, are perfect.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetje, I thought the same thing. The coat is very light weight and isn't lined. However, it hangs beautifully. Would you believe I only paid $29.95 for it.

      Delete
    2. These things are the best. I was hunting for silver shoes.... found slingbacks from Michael Kors (one of your favourites I now know), but I also fancied closed pumps (I am insatiable).. could not find them.. went over to net-a-porter-com and actually hesitated over silver shoes of $ 525. And said to myself... "don't be ridiculous!", so I didn't. Three days later I found those shoes with a bit lower heel at Marks&Spencer's in The Hague for € 24,95...

      Delete
    3. I'm in love with the slingbacks that were shown in the Tory Burch spring runway show. Check them out, they're really pretty.

      Delete
  14. Love this outfit Glenda, those loafers look so comfortable. Well put together. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elsie, and yes, they are quite comfortable!

      Delete
  15. Great outfit! I love that long trench - it looks so soft and it drapes beautifully. And the shoes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val. It is more of a faux trench. It isnt lined and its very drapey.

      Delete
  16. Totally fab! Love the classics with a bit of quirk!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really, really beautiful. The perfect outfit. Hard to say more than than, except that you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda