3.02.2014

Fitness B4 Fashion

Normally I begin the week with a style post, however today, I chose to do things differently. There are a couple of reasons for today's detour. First, California is now having its first winter storm. We have been experiencing down pours for the past three days and I was unable to get out and take pictures. Who would want to anyway...this weather makes me want to stay in my jammies and watch a good movie. The second reason for this post is that I want you to know what makes me feel good about myself both physically and emotionally.

Exercise is, without a doubt, one part of my morning routine that I select not to forgo if time is of the essence. My morning workout is a time to reconnect with Glenda. With each movement, I challenge my body, and by doing so, I challenge my mind and soul. There is such a deep connection between what your body can do if you put your mind into it. You see, exercise is more than about getting my physical body into shape. It is clearly a time of reflection and deep connection. It is for me, a spiritual experience.

Enjoying Pilates with the Pilates Portable Bar

When morning arrives, I step out of bed with the mindset of delving into my morning workout. Before making phone calls, or checking emails, before daily activities begin to cloud my judgement, before choosing what to wear...I workout. I set-up my space, put on my gear and begin to experience a resurgence and excitement about the day ahead. I know that my positive attitude toward exercise is what keeps me moving. I also know that my philosophy of Fitness B4 Fashion also contributes to having a healthy attitude about my entire being, not just my physique.

On most occasions, I'll do my workout in the privacy of my own bedroom, with the instructors on my DVDs as my guide. My all-time favorite exercise is Pilates. I love how the emphasis is on the core. By concentrating on this area, my posture, and balance has improved, as well as the strength in my back and ab muscles. A close second is the Firm workout series. I love the precise aerobic movements with weights. This series has kept my body weight down and has prevented my muscles from sagging. 

Some of my favorite fitness DVDs

If I choose to take my workout outdoors, there are a few leisurely sports that I enjoy. During the summer, my family spends a great deal of time at the beach swimming and boogie-boarding, or taking laps in the pool. We also enjoy riding our bikes or roller blading along the beach front. And might I add that I also enjoy a good game of tennis and golf.

Just getting out of the beautiful Pacific Ocean at Laguna Beach
My dear friends, now you know what makes me tick and what gives me strength to tackle each day...it is the mind and body connection of fitness. Have a wonderful week and remember, before I step out to begin a fashionable day...


I let fitness be first on my To Do List. What gives you peace and inner strength? Is exercise a part of your life? I hope so{wink}



Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Photographs by Fred and Glenda

14 comments:

  1. You're my inspiration! Is it still working out if I am living vicariously through you;)?

    xx Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thumbs down Cara!! Nope that does not count :)

      Delete
  2. Great post, Glenda! You look great taking care of our bodies is so important. Thanks for the reminder! I think it's time I dust off some fitness DVDs of my own. The terrible weather we've been having has me less than motivated to work out but, it's time. Thanks for the inspiration...xo!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Californians are more motivated to workout because its usually warm, which means less clothing.

      Delete
  3. Tx for sharing Glenda. I use to excise almost every day but then the winter can and I stop because I havent been motivated enough to do it indoors.I don't go to gym I always work out out home but this year I haven't done much.and I know its not got because I am in my 40's. Reading and seeing you gives me hope.I wish we could do it together! but I know I must make a effort.Your a beautiful person. Have a blessed week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. It truly is a big part of my life. If I dont workout, I feel sluggish and tired. Start off small. I only workout for 30 minutes.

      Delete
  4. Wow Glenda I am impressed!! I used to do but had to stop because of some physical probs (doctors advice not my choice) but should be fine comes summer. I miss it :-/
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least your down time is only temporary Lenya!

      Delete
  5. I used to run about 3 miles a day four times a week then it got cold. I'm walking on the treadmill now so I can start prepping for races again. Like you, I need the workout time just to reconnect with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister lives in cold weather and she complains of how it makes her unmotivated. I think living in Cali makes a person want to stay in shape even more so because we wear less clothing.

      Delete
  6. You are so right. I am gradually workin up a anti old age routine in the morning and I go to condition training for an hour twice a week. Unfortunately hating every minute of it. I know it is essential so I do it, but it does not give me pleasure. Such a pity. Really if you think of it, it is very admirable of me that I still do it for 10 years now hahaha.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, now Greetje...what were we just talking about in my Silver Lining post. It must be viewed differently :)

      Delete
    2. Still looking for the silver lining.... oh wait a minute... isn't the silver lining the fact that I keep my weight by keeping fit and suppleness of my body?

      Delete
  7. I really love reading and following your post as I find them extremely informative and interesting. This post is equally informative as well as interesting . Thank you for information you been putting on making your site such an interesting. I gave something for my information. Mind Body Fitness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda