3.30.2014

Brilliant

I couldn't sleep Friday night because of my high anticipation for the coming day. Saturday...Oh Saturday, how I adored thee. I have been a fan of Rachel Zoe's work since she first came unto the Hollywood Stylist scene, and like other Rachel Zoe fans, I was very excited about the release of her new book called Living in Style. Along with the release of her book came the tour, and Saturday was the day that she would appear at our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. On top of meeting Rachel, my family had plans to visit the Getty Center for lunch and to see a new exhibit on Queen Victoria and her passion for photography. Such a purposeful and adventurous day. Wouldn't you agree?

I arose on Saturday morning with an outfit already picked out in my head. The goal was to look relaxed and friendly, organic, and very Californian with an ethnic vibe (that was a mouthful) to meet the one and only R.Z. And just like the weather forecast predicted, we were once again blessed with another warm and sunny day. I wanted to enjoy such magnificent weather while dressed comfortably in fabrics that breath and that weren't constricting.

Today's Look: Flared Shirtdress-Gap, Grosgrain Ribbon Hat-Anthropologie, Sandals-Enzo Angiolini

 
Ethnic inspired jewelry in orange to play with the orange sandals and ribbon in the hat




Myself and Rachel Zoe

Roger (Rachel's hubby) and Joey (Rachel's hair and makeup guru)
If I could, I would have asked R.Z. many questions, however, the line wrapped around the entire top floor of Barnes and Noble and each guest was asked to make their time with Rachel brief. After getting my book signed, I noticed my husband standing to the side chatting with her husband Roger. My husband manages to make friends where ever he goes. So, there the two of them stood, laughing and conversing as if they had known each other for years. It was indeed a brilliant day my friends and I chose the right look to compliment such an occasion{wink}

Stop by to see my feature on the FIDM Style Project and my interview on Blogspotter 

Like what you see? Then click on a link or two and follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / twitter / Instagram

Link Ups:
Whitney Nic James
 
Photographs by Freddy

38 comments:

  1. How exciting, Glenda! I know all of them from her television show...so I am super jealous! You looked perfect for the meet up...let us know how the book is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surreal Pam. It's always so strange when you see someone in person. Though it happens often in Southern California, you're still shocked. I will let everyone know how the book is!

      Delete
    2. You met Rachel Zoe? That is Ba-Nanas!!! I am envious. I'm sure she noticed how very chic you look. Crazy cool hat!

      Delete
    3. Ha! Funny thing Connie, I don't think she was impressed. All the younger girls seemed to have her attention.

      Delete
  2. Goal achieved..... You look relaxed and friendly great pic with Rachel Zoe how cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beyond cool. Or as Rachel would say, "It was on another level."

      Delete
    2. That really is exciting; so happy for you. And love the outfit. The sandals are perfect. Sort of a refined bohemian look, much like Rachel's own style. Enjoy the book!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Karen. Yes, I was going for that Cali-boho vibe.

      Delete
  3. Glenda, looking lovely as always. The dress looks so comfy and the sandals and accessories are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elsie, I'm glad you like the look :)

      Delete
  4. This dress is gorgeous and very California! So jealous you got to meet her, I was in AZ visiting family so couldn't make it!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe another opportunity will come Cara. It was really cool. And of course, she looked incredibly chic.

      Delete
  5. How exciting for you. I hope you post about the book after you have read it. You looked fabulous.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! I will give a book review :)

      Delete
  6. First of all Glenda, you look fabulous! The dress, the accessories - so very chic! And how wonderful to have met Rachel! Sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In was a magnificent day. One that I'll never forget. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous outfit Glenda and you look beautifully. How exciting to meet the beautiful Rachel Zoe. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.
    Happy Monday
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no words Lenya. Meeting and seeing Rachel Zoe was surreal, but afterwards, my family ventured over to the Getty for lunch. The Getty is a massive museum structure that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. It houses many of the masterpieces that ever existed. It was a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. So, so cool. Happy for you everything seemed to work in your favor especially the weather. Nice! Great comfy dress. So summery and pretty. You look sweet.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Busola. I felt relaxed and at ease, and ready to take on the day :)

      Delete
  9. I love your carefree outfit! The colors are gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia. I actually have a great affinity towards white clothing. I always feel so easy when I wear it.

      Delete
  10. Great stuff! Congrats to you and all of your recent accomplishments! What a year you have had so far!! Cheers and high fives!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shon! It truly has been a great start. I'm excited for what is to come.

      Delete
  11. You look just beautiful in that outfit! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellyann. The great thing about the dress is that it's so easy and comfortable to wear. I believe I'll wear it often.

      Delete
  12. How wonderful to get the opportunity to meet Rachel in person. I saw her on I think it was Rachel Ray's show last week. You look lovely as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph. Yes, she was on Rachel Ray to promote her book.

      Delete
  13. I love white and it looks fantastic on you! I love how fresh it is, though sometimes it's difficult to keep it looking fresh. What fun to meet Rachel Zoe! I like her style too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawna. Wearing white is my weakness. It was surreal meeting R.Z. :)

      Delete
  14. You couldn't choose a best dress for such an occasion! It is wonderful on you and your accessories are very cute...nice , colourful hat!
    I love white dresses, which I wear especially in summer, but as I can see, summer is already there! You, lucky woman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan. Isn't white fun and fresh!

      Delete
  15. How fun! And, once again, that pop of orange is everything. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You looked very good and I am glad you had such a nice day. Don't know about the hat but that is probably just personal preferance.
    Having a charming husband who makes friends everywhere is lovely. That is the one area my dear husband is peculiar in.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I are opposite. I'm introverted and need my space. He walks into a party of strangers and will know everything about everyone in the room before we leave.

      Delete
    2. I am like your husband. And ai felt a bit bad after my remark on your hat. I mean well but I could have added that I think a larger rim might be nicer. Fortunately, you ignored it haha.

      Delete
    3. No worries Greetje. I don't expect everyone to love...or like what I wear. I think the truth is great!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda