2.21.2014

Video Fashion Friday: Revisiting Kate

On today's episode of Video Fashion Friday, I do believe that the wardrobe of the Queen of 1940s Androgynous Cool, Ms. Katherine Hepburn, was reinvented. Today's featured designer's flawless spring/summer 2014 collection made me want to drop to my knees and humbly thank him for clothes that are real and wearable for the everyday woman. Perfectly tailored and loose fitting trousers, the return of the breezy midi skirt, elegant pussy-bow blouses, and trench coats make up some of the must-have pieces in this collection.

When I close my eyes, I imagine vintage 1940's Palm Springs (which during the Hollywood heyday was a virtual playground for the movie stars)...I visualize Kate and many of her famous friends landing at the Palm Springs airport, preparing for a weekend stay which will include relaxing poolside and having lunch and/or dinner with members of the Hollywood elite. The featured collection is structured yet soft, serious yet playful. The collection's hues remind me of the dusty and muted wind-swept, yet well maintained desert community of Palm Springs. Various shades of brown that are reminiscent of the desert terrain, blue that mimics the many lakes that hug the golf courses, green to represent the foliage, and white for the snow capped mountains. Today's Video Fashion Friday features the spring/summer collection of Michael Kors!

Katherine Hepburn - the Queen of 1940's Androgynous Cool

The desert community of Palm Springs, California

The next images are my favorite looks from Michael's spring collection. When you see them, I'm sure your imagination will immediately take you to the effortless style of Kate Hepburn, and the relaxed but sophisticated resort community of Palm Springs!

The desert foliage and sand

The calming waters

The rugged terrain and desert snakes

Modern day Kate Hepburn

The snow capped mountains

 Enjoy the show...



What did you think of Michael's collection? I am in love with just about every item. The collection consists of pieces that are wearable, and can go with many other pieces in my existing wardrobe. And though the pieces are classic, they have been kissed with a little dose of quirk - just the way I like things{wink}

Have a happy weekend!
Keep scrolling! There are more great post for you to see. What follows:
 Throwback Thursday: Ivory Layers of Light
If I Had a Sugar Daddy...Carmel by the Sea
Camouflaged

  
Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Link Up:
Fashion Item Friday
Weekend Wind-Down

Images from Google Images and Style.com

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, thank you. Those are fabulous and SOOOO inspirational. Just the shot in the arm I needed. lol

    Great post for FiF, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thank you again for linking up and sharing it with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say I'm a huge fan of Katherine Hepburn, her style is just so timeless. The Michael Kors pieces are amazing too.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her style was timeless and still viable today.

      Delete
  4. Oooh love the runway looks, especially the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Glenda, I love everything you picked out too :). Thank you for dropping by pret-a-vivre.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you for stopping by too!

      Delete
  6. I love the modern day Kate look. Can we shorties pull it off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Sue. We just have to make sure we have everything altered to fit our small frames. Michael Kors makes petite clothing!

      Delete
  7. Glenda, I love this tribute to Old Hollywood and K Hepburn . These Marc. Jacobs looks are wonderful and I do see the resemblance in that trouser and blazer outfit and two toned brogues, LOVE. My favorite though is the calming blue waters dress, so gorgeous,
    I think MJ should hire you to write his copy ..
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you mean Michael Kors. I'm glad you like the tribute and yes, the blue dress is heavenly.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda