2.07.2014

Video Fashion Friday: Cuban Soul

Hi Friends,

It's Friday, so you know what that means...it is time for another episode of Video Fashion Friday!!

It is crazy how, at this very moment, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is now taking place for Fall/Winter 2014. I'm always excited about Fashion Week, however, I am extremely ecstatic over spring's fashions. Perhaps it is because I live in a warm climate and I favor clothing for such weather. I close my eyes and image myself walking the peer at Redondo Beach wearing a cute little outfit with killer sandals and accessories. Warm weather always evokes thoughts of exotic vacations, leisurely hot days by the pool or shoreline, tropical drinks...

Since I'm in the mood for such days, I thought it befitting to share the spring runway show for Tracy Reese, along with a few images that come to mind when I think of her show. Tracy has been one of my favorite American designers for many years (see me in one of her designs HERE). I love how her collections always have a nostalgic vintage and sometimes, world market appeal to them. Perhaps that is why her designs are often sold in Anthropologie (the master's of world market). After seeing Tracy's show, I immediately thought of a combination of Neo-Soul and nostalgic Cuba, tobacco, beautiful turquoise waters, high energy salsa music, and sassy women whom strut their stuff and are fully aware of their allure.

 




The next images are my favorite looks from Tracy's spring collection. When you see them, I'm sure your imagination will immediately take you to a place of fun, exuberance, warm sunshine, bright & bold colors...Cuba!

Interesting plays on the classics make these pieces come alive!
Nostalgic 1950's is prevalent in this collection.

Pattern play at its very best.

A beautiful breezy eyelet midi dress

Enjoy the show...



Tell me Friends, what do you think of Tracy's spring collection? Did it make you want to smoke a Cuban cigar, while wearing a pretty dress{wink}

 
Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Images by Google Images and Style.com

10 comments:

  1. Well, I don't necessarily want a cigar, but how about a cuba libre cocktail? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, I love Trace Reese, she has been a favorite for a long time now. Her desings are always fresh and never look dated. This collection just makes me want to travel someplace warm///
    OH, for some sand between my toes!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2014/02/stacked-bracelets-dainty-wrist-dead/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sand between the toes sounds like paradise.

      Delete
  3. Tracy's spring collection is lovable! ( as well as your selection of photos! )
    Funny , very long cigar in the fourth photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the man's attitude :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely stuff. I adore colour, but being limited on skin I can show (lots of wrinkles everywhere) I cannot wear a lot of what they are showing (as if I could afford it haha). The black peplum jacket with the white polka dots combined with the yellow top with black squares.... Heaven! Lots of want.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the 50's inspired midi dresses. I would love to have the white eyelet dress.

      Delete
  5. wow.. love the pics.. great looks!!!

    DinaBella
    http://dina-bella.blogspot.com/2014/02/body-shape-perfect-fit-inverted-triangle.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda