2.05.2014

Styled by Freddy

Hi Friends!

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought it would be fun to have my husband Freddy style me for this post. I am not the type of person who dresses to please others. I like to express my own individuality with clothing. However, just for this post, I wanted to give my honey the satisfaction of selecting something that he would like to see me in on Valentine's Day.

It was a simple request. I went to him and asked, "Honey, would you like to style me for a Valentine's post?"  At first he hesitated, but after a few kisses, he walked over to the closet and started rummaging through. Isn't love powerful? I could already guess what he would select. And...I was right. It's not that my husband is predictable, he just really likes this one dress that I purchased years ago from TJ Maxx. It's a lovely Calvin Klein, fitted bodice, drop waist dress with an accordion pleat bottom; a 1950's vintage swing coat he purchased for me years ago at the Pasadena Antique Mall; fishnet hosiery; and my new favorite Isaac pumps. He left the jewelry for me to decide.

Here is the look that is Styled by Freddy...


 


A close-up of the dress details.

My husband loves fishnet hosiery. He likes the illusion.

A bracelet perfect for the occasion - LOVE

How do you think Freddy did? Personally, I think my husband hit the nail right on the head. I love everything he selected. I felt very old Hollywood glam, feminine and extremely ME!

Tell me Friends, do you ever have your special love select your ensemble? Do tell{wink}


 
Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Link Ups:
I Feel Pretty
Weekend Wind Down
Visible Monday

Photographs by My Valentine - Freddy

40 comments:

  1. Hubby did a great job! From the fur to the fishnets, I love it all! :-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney, I love fishnets.

      Delete
    2. I am so proud of him Whitney. He did good! He knows his wife :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely PERFECT.

    Terry
    http://terrystwocents.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Terry, thank you! I'm proud of my husband's work.

      Delete
  3. Go Freddy. . . .you have Great style and picked the perfect model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I get my style from her and yes , she is the perfect model. That's why I married her.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Neti! I am proud of his work :)

      Delete
  4. Fred did a great job! Love your fishnets...get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes he did My. I am very proud of him :)

      Delete
  5. I think he did a great job! You can't go wrong with an LBD, and the fit is great on you! Love it with the fishnets!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carylee! And thank you for stopping by to leave a comment.

      Delete
  6. He did a great job Glenda!!! You look drop dead gorgeous! And your coat is awesome!!! As for your question, no never.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Freddy did a great job. I'm so proud of him. Well, I think I'm going to let him pick out my clothes more often. It was fun! Give it a try.

      Delete
  7. With that styling I think the hubby deserves his own blog! The jacket is so chic and effortless with that dress... GORGEOUS!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara! Yeah, now he thinks he's Mr. Fashion :)

      Delete
  8. Wow!!! He did a super job, definitely your soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Freddy he did a good job. Love the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda,
    Your hubby styled you brilliantly , but than he did have YOUR closet to go through, a veritable treasure chest. Ia sorry the texture of the coat and the cut of it, what a great find. So fabulous with the black and eggshell. The fishnets add a great texture, and OH those shoes,
    Simply perfect!
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I could say the same thing about your closet. It is by far a treasure chest. I bet your husband would do great selecting your outfits too!

      Delete
  11. He did a great job, Glenda! You look sensational! I wonder what my boyfriend would pick if I asked him to put together an outfit for me... Probably jeans and a tshirt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Melissa, I'm mighty proud of Fred. Nah, I bet your boyfriend would surprise you!

      Delete
  12. I’ve chosen this to be one of my “What I Love” looks for this week. I hope you'll keep an eye out on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh Terry, thank you! To be honest, I think it's my favorite too!

      Delete
  13. Great job Freddy! Thanks for linking up to the Weekend Wind-Down Party! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Love" how you manage to add nice jewelry to your outfits. Lovely outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this post at the #WWDParty - love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet idea you have had, Glenda! I can't imagine what kind of outfit my husband would choose...you are a beauty wearing that black dress and white coat! Freddy did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Applaud to hubby! He did an outstanding job and what a fun idea. I just might have to give this a try, although I don't know if I would be so lucky. I'll have to let you know. By the way, did you go somewhere worthy for that outfit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trina I have had the dress for years and it has had many night outs with us both. Including the coat. I would love to see how your husband would dress you. It was fun!

      Delete
  18. He has a great teacher! Of course he likes this outfit ... it's lovely and so are you. Those shoes ... just wonderful. Have a fabulous Valentine's Day, Glenda. Looks like that's a done deal ... he's especially vested in the outcome, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. I'm not sure if he followed my teaching, or if he just loves the snug fit of the dress. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!

      Delete
  19. Yes, your husband did a perfect job. Stylish and sexy. A difficult combination and he did so well. Hope you two will have a perfect Friday.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greetje. I'm very proud of his selection. Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda