2.23.2014

Chuck and I

My Converse All-Stars (better known as Chuck Taylor or Chucks) and I have been on many adventures. Together we have conquered Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, family vacations, shopping excursions, quick errands to the grocery store, trips to numerous museums. They even went with me each time I volunteered at the hospital. The list is endless. Our relationship has grown to be very deep...to say the least. It would be hard to live my life without my Chucks because they meet my qualifications...they are classic, comfortable and cute!



To be quite truthful, I'm not much of a sneaker kind of girl. I much prefer sandals, however, Chuck brings something entirely different to the table. Unlike other sneakers, when I place my Chucks upon my feet, they instantly come alive. I feel the sudden urge to run and leap! When wearing my Chucks, my sons view me differently - I am transformed into a hip mom.



In their cheerful golden color, my Chucks have brought much sunshine to many of my wardrobe pieces...shorts and breezy tops, fun skirts, whimsical summer dresses and of course, denim. While everyday trainers could positively ruin an adorable outfit, Chucks have the ability to bring a bit of fun and quirkiness to an ensemble. Once while visiting the Getty Center (one of Southern California most amazing museums), I sat with my family and enjoyed a cool drink. I noticed a woman dressed in one of the cutest outfits. As I gave her the once over, my eyes came to a screeching halt when I saw her choice of shoe...paired with her Oh-So-Adorable ensemble was a pair of gym shoes. No! I wanted to shout. I understand the need for comfort, considering the Getty is an enormous place to visit, however, what I couldn't relate to was the idea of destroying a perfectly feminine outfit with a pair of bulky gym shoes.

 

Today's Look: Top - Loft, Denim - Levi's, Scarf - made by my sister, and my Chucks

  
  

For spring/summer 2014, fashionable sneakers are all the rage. Everything from pony hair, to leopard print and yes, colorful Chucks have been seen on the fashion news wave. I don't, however, believe this is a pass to pair our chic outfits with unflattering gym shoes. Word of advice...Save them for the gym{wink}

Keep scrolling. The following post is called Video Fashion Friday: Revisiting Kate. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Pinterest / Instagram

Link Ups:

 Photographs by Freddy


53 comments:

  1. Your yellow Chucks are nothing short of fabulous. You definitely have a spring in your step! You look great and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And I am so with you on the gym shoes! Why, why, why when there are so many cute and comfortable options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Chucks are purple. I love those things, but I barely wear them here on the island. It's always sandal weather. You make me want to knock the dust off of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Tamara! Knock the dust off and rock them :)

      Delete
  4. Love the look and the attitude - your blog title is great! How do you keep such well-travelled sneakers looking so pristine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Love them too! my love right are for DrMartens- but there was a time i loved them so much, i wore them a lot - I still have them ready to make a return;)

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes Ariane, I can see you rocking the DrMartens!

      Delete
  6. Your chucks are cute. I like chucks too. I always have. The trend now is to wear bulky athletic sneakers with everything. I am so glad you agree that it is not a good look to pair them with certain outfits. Long live chucks:)

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Sharon...not a good idea to wear them with everything. And yes...LONG LIVE CHUCKS!

      Delete
  7. Glenda you look great!!! Love the chic yet casual look on you. Your head scarf is THE accessory!! Turns your outfit into that Glenda_ish style. Hope that makes any sense at all. Yes it is the other bangle I got on Val's day.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lenya! I believe that certain Glenda-ish quality is my quirk that I often mention. It's my way of making each look my own :)

      Delete
  8. I love your look and I love your leap! There's a whole lot of jumping going on, here and at my place too. It's clear to see why. Nothing like a little zesty citrus on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you're right, today is the day for leaping!

      Delete
  9. Hi lovely Glenda. I will go through all your post. But cannnot comment on everyone due to time lack. I like your all stars very much. And they are so comfortable to walk in as well. Two bonusses.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way.. great jump picture. And you jump pretty high.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting Greetje! My legs ache today for jumping to get just the right shot.

      Delete
  10. Too cute! I like the added feature of the scarf ;)
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Join, I have to make the look personal. :)

      Delete
  11. Love your sunny yellow Chucks! I have an ivory/white pair but think some color would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Renae, thank you. That really touchrs my heart.

      Delete
  13. Oh Glenda, I adore your relationship with Chuck. I must confess I have a Chuck relationship going strong in my world as well. He's been my traveling companion on most of my vacation spots, he even found a place in the suitcase to Paris, England, Italy and Greece and has never let me down. But I must say, your yellow Chucks have one on my gray and/or black.

    ReplyDelete
  14. <3 Converses! You look great in them, very youthful and playful :-) I really enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun photo shoot. I think my husband had fun too!

      Delete
  15. Love this casual chic look....and your shots are so fun!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love my chucks! I used them when I was a teenager and now my teenage sons use them and it is like the evergreen trend that never passed. You yellow ones are cute! Thanks for dropping in my blog, I truly appreciate it :)

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    Dubai, UAE
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. C and thank you for dropping by. It's good to read that Chucks are a tradition in your family.

      Delete
  17. Action photos! Love it ... anything that spurs one into action is a very good thing, especially in midlife and especially for women! Pretty in yellow. Chucks have indeed evolved, haven't they? Perfect for your outing, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, my legs were sore the next day so I had to do some intense stretching exercises. It took a lot of jumping to get the right shot! And yes, Chucks have evolved. I love them!

      Delete
  18. Looks like you had fun taking these pics! I love my chucks the are so timeless and I like the addition of more colors over the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chucks, always... for the win! I seriously love how versatile they are! You are gorgeous!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glenda, I love you in your golden chucks! I hear what you arresting about this silly trend but I think it seems fun, and am about to plunge in, sneakers first.. it won't be my first, and look.
    I love these photos, and love the scarf in your hair. So wonderful to see you leaping with joy!!
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see where this sneaker trend takes us. One thing for sure, the Chucks will be around a long time!

      Delete
  21. Oh dear, another ipad typo...
    I meant saying and not arresting..
    Bad ipad , bad,
    XX, Elle

    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My son has a pair of blue ones and they reminded me of being in Jr. High - I think they are cute especially the color - yellow which is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely know that feeling when you find a pair of comfortable sneakers that work with every look and more. Like a friend, they are there when you need them. Nice post and very cool shoes.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the chucks. Sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit. You look super cute and casual...xo!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney! I felt relaxed and at ease.

      Delete
  25. I love your Chucks, you look so cute!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it means the world to me! xo,
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the mustard yellow Chucks! Adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda