1.15.2014

Shoegasm!

Hello Lovelies!

It has been one of those weeks that makes it difficult to get out and take photos for the blog. My youngest son has been fighting the flu. As I am sure you understand, most of my energy is going to his care. And on top of caring for Lil Bit (as he is affectionately called), we had an appointment to have our carpet and floors steam cleaned. It's always nice to freshen up the house after the holidays. It's my way of preparing for spring.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, just before Christmas, I did treat myself to a few things on eBay. One of them being a gorgeous pair of Isaac embroidered pumps that gave me a major shoegasm. Isaac, in my opinion, is the master of adding quirk to the elegant era of 1950 old Hollywood. The other is the famous Apple necklace by Kenneth Jay Lane. I dedicate today's post to them both. Today's look is simple and uncomplicated. This is a look that I would throw on for lunch with friends, wine tasting, or perhaps to meet with my son's teachers. It is one of those outfits that allows the shoes to do the talking, while the other accessories are kept to a minimum. Enjoy!

Today's Look:
Black Denim: Levi's (mid rise skinny), Top: H&M (old), Shoes: Isaac via eBay, Clutch by Talbot's via Refinery 29, Necklace: Kenneth Jay Lane via eBay, Sunnies: Loft Outlet (old)



Isaac embroidered classic pumps


Kenneth Jay Lane Apple Necklace made famous by Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City

Need I say more?...

 
I have always been a proponent of simple, clean-line dressing. Being over accessorized, wearing multiple colors, and having to fuss with my look is much too cumbersome for my Southern California lifestyle. Here's a Style Tip: When wearing a statement piece (in this case the pumps), let the other items in your outfit take a step or two back and allow that statement piece to shine{wink}

 
Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Instagram

Link Up:
Working Girl with Style
Friday's Fab Favorites

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (my perfect accessory)

32 comments:

  1. Yes, there are times in which it is quite difficult to have time to post! But your outfit is classic and elegant! A white blouse is an evergreen of fashion and it's perfect with your black pants and high heel shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan! I like that term...evergreen :)

      Delete
  2. Love your shoes and your outfit is so perfect with it. Sorry to hear about your son. I wish him well.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure, now you're going to tease me with all kinds of gorgeous shoes, LOL. Seriously, these are spectacular. I do sometimes envy your climate...rain and puddles are not kind to quality shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Sue, I just realized you told me you wanted to work on your shoe wardrobe yesterday. Maybe that did stick in my mind. Strange, puddles are something I just don't think about. But yes, I agree...these shoes are spectacular. I love them!

      Delete
  4. Those shoes are talking to me! My shoe game used to be on point but I've become, ahem, comfortable. Those would wake me up!

    The outfit is cute and similar to what I'd wear to meet the kids' teachers. Streamlined and unfussy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a self proclaimed shoe whore Daenel! I love a great shoe...heels, sandals, chucks...it doesn't matter. I'm glad you like the outfit.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, life sometimes tends to get in the way of blogging huh, I know...

    But uhm yeah, total shoegasm indeed! But I cannot wear pointy toe shoes like these, unfortunately, with my monster feet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melissa (lol) I just imagined these huge, hairy feet! I'll have to say that my feet are very slim...a definite +

      Delete
    2. Well, my feet are not necessarily wide but very long... I wear a size 40, so myeah. I don't want to add anymore length to that.

      Delete
  6. Love how simple yet chic the outfit is while letting the shoes do the talking! You look gorgeous!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara. Just something I threw on :)

      Delete
  7. wow.. so nice… we love it!!!

    DinaBella
    http://dina-bella.blogspot.com/2014/01/body-shape-perfect-fit.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he's getting well pretty soon. Wow! gorgeous shoes Glenda. Of course you are right, wearing such gorgeous heels it would be mad ruin the outfit by overdoing it. Love the necklace.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya, the flu has now turned to bronchitis. He's a little trooper though. I hate to see my children sick.
      OMG, when I saw the shoes on eBay, it was love at first sight. No other bidders, just me!

      Delete
    2. you are kidding....no other bidders!!!! at those heels!!!!! If only I were so lucky 'sigh' as soon as I bid the rest of the universe come running. I should get paid for bidding, because almost every time the price gets sky high, and NO it's not me who makes those high bidding's.
      Sorry to hear the bad news about your son. I hope he's getting better soon Glenda. Poor boy.
      xox
      Lenya

      Delete
  9. OK Glenda, Major shoe envy here!
    To quote someone I know and love:
    If i could reach through the computer and barrow those ( and if they were a size 5) I would!
    Hope your Lil bit is better,
    mine is ill, too.
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2014/01/pattern-mixing-check/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them too :) Sorry my friend, they are a 6 1/2. As I type this to you, Lil Bit is now up and moving about. He was out of school all week.

      Delete
  10. Blog more than wonderful I liked very much and I hope that mutual visits to exchange experiences in blogging Keep in providing better

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda!I absolutely love your shoes:)Beautifullllll :)Very elegant outfit:) sorry obout your son
    Kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is feeling much better now :)
      I knew you would appreciate these shoes Beata. Aren't they just simply amazing?!

      Delete
  12. I hope little bit gets better soon, the flu is not joke. Thanks for sharing these beautiful shoes (jealous) and linking up with us a #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It doesn't look so cold where you are! I'm a little jealous! Thanks for joining the WWDParty! Please be sure to link to us in the future! We want to spread the word AND be able to feature and pin great posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct with your observation. It has been in the 80's here in Southern California.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful shoes. And you are right, when you have such an attention drawing piece, hold back on the rest.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep going into my closet to look at the shoes. I think I'm having an affair with them :)

      Delete
  15. Ooh, yes Ma'am these all day!! You did that! This outfit is casual yet chic at the same time.
    The shoes can be worn with so many looks. My mind is racing now thinking of all the combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Shon, that's exactly what I did when I first laid eyes on these beauties!

      Delete
  16. I stumbled upon your blog, and Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing your eclectic taste in fashion, Look forward to more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda