1.07.2014

What You Didn't Know About...Me!



Happy Birthday to Me! 

OK, I'll have to admit, this post is a shameless way for me to gain Happy Birthday greetings from all over the world. On January 8th, I'm celebrating my birthday...I'm doing the Happy Dance!To celebrate the occasion, I thought I would use this opportunity to tell you a little bit about me and my world. Are you ready? Let's Go!

I am a true California girl and if it were possible, I would live my life in my bare feet, denim and a cute white top.

My husband Fred and I have been married for almost 22 years! We married on the 4th of July (a huge holiday in the United States). We met in church.
Fred and I at the Ponte Winery in Temecula California. We went for lunch!

Fred and I have two sons: One is an accomplished saxophonist at 16, and the other is 12 and is a budding artist who wants to go into animation. Together, we love to travel!
From this past summers cruise to Mexico. On an excursion on Catalina Island with our Carnival ship in the background.

I love jazz and have been fortunate to have many good friends in the Smooth Jazz scene in California.
My son with his little brother and his mentor, Smooth Jazz great - Eric Darius

A perfect day for me would be for me to cruise down the highway in my car with the sunroof open, playing jazz on SAT radio, have lunch at the beach, a little vintage shopping in Los Angeles, and then visit the Getty Museum. With temperatures hovering in the 80's.
The Getty Center
I love buying nail polish and I love to give myself a manicure and pedicure every Friday night.
Wearing Glitzerland by OPI

I'm a major germaphobe. I don't like shaking hands, touching door knobs, and consider public bathrooms the closest thing to hell. As a matter of fact, I believe portable potties are hell.

I'm obsessed with Anthropologie and must visit the store every week. Even if its just for a walk through.
Me in front of Anthropologie at Victoria Gardens

I'm one of the rare people who loves to exercise. You read it right...exercise!
Enjoying Pilates

Sometimes when I cook, I like to pretend like I'm a Food Network Star. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
One of my favorite chicken dishes

Style to me is an art form. Anyone can wear fashion, but not everyone has style.

I like to bust-out in song at the drop of a hat. Sometimes my family joins in :)

I think my feet and decolletage are my best body parts.
From blog post Brightly Colored
I don't like the taste of wine, but I consider wine tasting really chic and visit the great wineries of California for the great food and gourmet food items...and of course the jazz.

From a wine tasting party I attended. The food was great!
and finally...

I have always wanted to go to Paris, France. I had the opportunity to study there in college but the trip was cancelled because of terrorism.
I don't know what my husband has planned for the celebration, so, I'll keep you posted here and on Instagram. Are you following So What to Twenty on Instagram?{wink}

Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Instagram


17 comments:

  1. I am more than happy to wish you the best for your birthday! God bless you for this AMAZING new year! And yay for us California girls. :)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I don't like the taste of wine so much but I have found by mixing a half glass of red wine with a half can of peach Fresca it is simply delicious! Hope you get to Paris one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Kellyann. Maybe I'll try your drink the next time I'm at the vineyards, or perhaps in Paris!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful, memorable celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Glenda!!!!!! Wishing you all the best to the year ahead and it's nice to know about you :)
    Hope you'll have the opportunity to visit Paris, I went there last September and I'm still in an awe!!
    Well.... as a shout out my Birthday will be on 10th ;)

    xoxo

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and happy birthday to you as well! I'm sure you'll never forget Paris...who would!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Glenda. You are just a sweet young thing! Love this post ... so nice getting to know you better. Excellent. Hope you have the best B-day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Dear. . .you know how I feel about age, cause that number does not bother me at all. So what to Twenty or Thirty?? Keep on being You & Enjoy your Life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Glenda! I enjoyed reading this post and getting to know the little things that make you as fabulous as you are! Enjoy your special day!
    xo,
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Monica, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  8. Happy, happy birthday to you my dear! (and sorry for my late! )I love these kind of posts, and...I like very much jazz too!! ( and also your perfect day... )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Dan, you have the spirit of a jazz lover. That's cool!

      Delete
  9. This was lovely to read. We are getting to know you better. I know what it is like to have a phobia. I did as well. Not for germs but for spiders. After therapy it is much, much better now. I can recommand it.
    Now, a belated bithday wish: many happy years to come dear Glenda.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda