1.12.2014

"Dress"

Hello Lovelies!

Before the holidays set in, I did treat myself to a few items from eBay. One of the items being the "dress" that I'm wearing today. I put the word DRESS in quotes because that was how it was listed on the auction. However, I'm quite sure it isn't a day dress, but more of a swimsuit cover-up/tunic. I believe this to be true by the tissue paper thin fabric, and of course, the wide opening in the front. Nevertheless, when the garment arrived, I still liked the look of the "dress" and couldn't wait to style it as such. To create a day dress look, I had to layer the garment with a basic tank top, tights and a slip (I haven't worn a slip in years). Still, more than likely, I will probably utilize the piece more as a summer tunic/cover-up for days by the beach or the pool.

Today's Look: "Dress" by Trina Turk from eBay (not to be mistaken for the Trina Turk that I mentioned I purchased on a recent thrifting shopping trip), Black tank top from Loft, Tights from Nordstrom, Main Stay booties by Nine West, Cross-body bag by Perlina, Clover bracelet from Anthropologie, Sunnies from Loft.




Style Tip: To create a pulled together look, I selected my accessories to coordinate with the gold toned waist ornament on the garment. The gold then played well with the golden color highlights in the dress.


As a summer frock, of course, I will remove the tights and boots, and replace them with simple gold flat sandals. And, instead of a black tank, I'll wear white. Have you ever purchased something from eBay that wasn't quite what you expected, but rather than returning, you decided to work with it? What made me keep the "dress"? Well, for one thing, it is a Trina Turk; two-because it's super cute; and third-it was only $40! Can't beat that{wink}

 
Like what you see? Then follow me...
bloglovinGoogle+ / email / Instagram

Link Ups:
Visible Monday
WhitneyNicJames
Mix It Mondays

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison

30 comments:

  1. You made this dress work very nicely, Glenda. You look terrific, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress:) you look fantastic:) have a lovely week. Kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, versatile dress! You look amazing in it, Glenda. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the versatility of the dress, as well as the print. Great styling! Feel free to linkup over on the blog - I'm hosting my weekly Style Linkup and I'd love to have you. Hope to see you there!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the dress Glenda. I love what you did!!! Amazing cross over!!!! Love your bracelet Glenda. You look very chic and stylish. Stunning photos BTW, love the backdrop.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenya! The "dress" is super comfortable. I'm glad you like the accessories and the look. The backdrop is a children's museum in my neighborhood.

      Delete
  6. Yes! Loving the print on the dress and looks fab on you. Love how you coordinated the gold tome accessories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janea and thank you very much! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  7. This dress!! I love the print and the cut. And at $40?! Such a steal! Thanks so much for sharing on Mix it Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lauren! Yes, it was a definite steal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the print of the "dress", I always hate when they don't list appropriately. Regardless I think it looks amazing and layered you can't tell at all:)

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara. Instead of going through the hassle of returning, it was better to work with it.

      Delete
  10. I'm a tunic fanatic. That one is lovely...I love Trina Turks prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Myisha. I know you love Trina Turk!

      Delete
  11. Fabulous print! I love how you styled it!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dress! I like the colors and the geometric print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous solution. You're such a great stylist! You look wonderful, and the whole "attitude" of the print is picture perfect for a California winter! Very cool and unexpected with your dark combinations ... so, so flattering! Good job, you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jan. I'm glad you like the look! What sold me was the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice solution Glenda. Super dress and at such a great price. Trina Turk is expensive and beautifully designed. This outfit looks so wearable for many days and you have styled it well.
    Glad you liked my bold dress on my post. I think I needed a longer coat than the jacket I wore. I take a picture before we leave to do the set just to check the proportions, but I missed seeing it this time.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Trina Turk, especially with her being a California girl. I wish I could just waltz off the street and into her shop and purchase whatever I want!

      Delete
  16. I love this look - you look fabulous in that graphic print and those boots are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veshoevius, thank you so much for the lovely compliment. And, thank you for following So What to Twenty!

      Delete
  17. Lovely dress, well styled. And in your climate a smart investment. Layered for "winter" and, as you said without layers for summer. Those boots keep coming back ... Finishing the look to perfection.
    Love them.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda