12.10.2013

Spanish Flava

Hello Lovelies!

I'm longing to return to Mexico. My family cruised to south of the California border this past summer and my heart aches to return. When I close my eyes, I can still see the beautiful architecture, the wonderful array of silver and turquoise, the sounds of the lively mariachi music...Aww Mexico - I heart you!

In honor of my time spent in Mexico, today's outfit has a bit of Spanish flava. First let me tell you a little story about the boots that I'm wearing. They are by Ralph Lauren and I LOVE them. I purchased them from TJ Maxx about 15 years ago. Here's the story: My friend and I were shoe shopping and I saw the boots in my size. Like any budget savvy fashionista, the first thing I did was turn them over to check out the price. WHAT $29.99!!!?? There must be a mistake. Nevertheless, at the conclusion of my shopping, I took the boots to check out. I handed the boots to the sales associate. When she turned the boots over to scan the ticket, I noticed a change in her face and demeanor. "Oh no," she said. "These have the wrong price. They should have been $129.99." I stood there and thought to myself - I knew it was too good to be true. She called her manager over and to my surprise he said, "You have to give them to her at the price they were marked." Can you believe that?! I got a pair of $129.99 Ralph Lauren boots for $29.99. Trust me when I say, I'll never forget that day. I literally kissed the boots and took them home with me (smile).

Today's Look: Pants (Michael Kors), Top (Anthropologie past season), Wide Brim Fedora (Forever 21 sold out online. You may be able to find it in store), Belt (Nine West), Boots (Ralph Lauren), Turquoise Ring (TJ Maxx), Polish is Seduce Me by China Glaze
 









Here's another little tidbit of information on my outfit. The Anthropologie top is really a 3/4 inch sleeve. I like it in its original form, however, I enjoy wearing it pushed up to my elbow to give it a more interesting feel. Hasta luega {wink}


Like what you see? Then follow me... bloglovin / facebook / Instagram

Link Ups:
Visible Monday
Love it Link It
Style Sessions
WhitneyNicJames
Wardrobe Wednesday
Three-fer Thursday
Fashion Fixtation
All Things Thursday

Photographs by Frederick D. Harrison (my matador)





28 comments:

  1. OMG $29.99 for those amazing boots!!! Lucky girl! You look so elegant in this outfit, muy bueno!
    xo,
    Monica
    htpp://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Monica. Yes, that was my lucky day!

      Delete
  2. Glenda,
    I love this chic black and white outfit, the turqoise ring, is the perfect touch! I so enjoyed that shoping sotry, I love it when something like that happens. I will call it good shopping Kharma!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/12/amazing-shopping-tip-shopping-fifteen-dollar-store-com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too...or missed markdowns! I wish good shopping Khans would happen to me more often :)

      Delete
  3. Such a cute ensemble! Great bargain, you smart travel shopper. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your hat! :)
    http://queenlytan.blogspot.com/2013/12/sweets-with-sammydress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look! The hat is cute! Love those bargains. ;-) Thanks for linking up...XO!

    ~Whitney
    whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I know somebody lost their job that day! Looking lovely as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I hope no one got canned. Thank you Antoinette!

      Delete
  7. You look amazing Glenda, hey that's not a bargain on the boots that's a steal ;-) Sorry have to dash.
    see ya
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a good shoe story. These are some great pictures Glenda. I love the way your cool outfit compliments this place. Great hat and accessories, all around wonderful post. Can you send me some heat and sunshine please!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. We selected this location for the shoot because of its Spanish feel. I would love to send you some heat. We're looking at close to 75 degrees tomorrow.

      Delete
  9. You look great! I love that they stuck to that price, I've had that happen to me and they refused to honor it!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably did because Im one of their best customers.

      Delete
  10. Fred is the Matador....Laughed my butt off at that one. Clever writing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classic beauty in black and white, Glenda - and what a great deal on the boots! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific look. What a good idea to pull the sleeves up like that. Very Mexican my dear. And yes the boots are great. As is your hat.
    Have to run again.. bedtime. I am so behind with blogging. I will check all your posts, but cannot comment on everyone of them.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black and white is classic! You look absolutely fantastic :) kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! Very referential without being just costume ... perhaps a little Carolina Herrera in equestrian wear? Less is more ... what I always admire about your style. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jan, I thought of Carolina Herrera too and made mention to my husband. He didn't know who she was so I had to explain. She always wears crisp white shirts. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her style. Thank you Jan...I appreciate the less is more concept :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda