12.06.2013

One Top - Two Ways For the Holidays!

Hello Lovelies!

This weekend, my husband and I are attending our first party for the holidays. This year I'm excited about all the different soirees to attend because I have my party ensembles ready to go. You know me, I like to keep my outfit ideas simple and classic. How do you do that? Well, for one thing, I select a basic piece to create several different looks around. As an example, I selected a simple, black, off the shoulder top for my Polyvore demonstration. With this easy top, I then created two completely different looks by changing the bottom and some accessories, and what do you have...One Top-Two Ways For the Holidays!




The two looks can take you to either a smart dinner party, an office gathering, a holiday mixer or even an evening to see the Nutcracker. Rather than trying to buy entirely different outfits for every occasion, try to save money and time by creating looks around one key piece. By doing this, the extra money saved can be used to bless someone special in your life, or to give to a great cause {wink}


13 comments:

  1. Glenda where is our sugar daddy? What takes him so long? If he don't pay my bills immediately you are not to post anything at all, do you hear me? Your picks are so beautiful and classy and I want Sugar Daddy to pay for it! OK skip the top I have a similar one, but I want the pants and the skirt and the bags and and and......................
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kenya! Isn't it sad that I keep torturing us. But there is another option...one could have a seamstress make this looks :)

      Delete
    2. Yes but what about the shoes? the bags? And yes you are very very bad, torturing us like that!!! ;-)
      About the material....I dunno but I think it may be lame, though. It's kinda stretchy too so it's very comfy to wear. When I saw it I just had to buy it and I got a season discount which made it a real bargain, lucky me huh ;-)

      Delete
    3. Yes, very lucky. I'm looking forward to the after Christmas sales!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What can I say? ... intimidates me! Plots look!
    Great post! I congratulate the ability and talent to curiosity to me!
    I will always be coming back for more: *


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine and second back! I'm glad you like this set :)

      Delete
  3. Glenda,
    I love those choices!
    That yellow ball skirt is to die for!
    Your advice is very good, too!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/12/luxurious-fall-layers-beat-chill/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the trousers from the first collage! Very party-proof, but still wearable after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true Melissa. But I would rock the skirt anytime too :)

      Delete
  5. I've never been a fan of off the shoulder blouses, but I adore that yellow skirt and bling ball earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really My?! I could really see you wearing the off the shoulder look :)

      Delete
  6. I love both of those outfits! I think there's an Express version of those pants for much cheaper. Would love to find a more affordable version of the skirt too..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda